Egg's & Variety With Your Breakfast

1. Registered User
    Answers

Question Egg's & Variety With Your Breakfast

I'm sure many of you like myself have tried virtually every reasonable combination of egg and ____ fill in the blank, and perhaps even some unreasonable options. The problem I am having, if it is a problem at all, is that I simply must have toast with my eggs. I cannot tollerate my oatmeal and eggs without toast (unbuttered). So I suppose my question is, how bad is this? I know it doesn't exactly fit with the textbook definition of a lean mass diet. But I am most certainly a hard gainer,so it seems unreasonable that I should be frighted of a toasted peice of bread. I would think I could metabolize those carbs without any harm done. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

5'8 - tall , 140 lbs

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.
    Answers

Toast is fine. Ideally, you should just stick to oatmeal/eggs/protein shake. However, if you want to add in some toast, I would make it 100% whole wheat and just one piece. That way you're not jacking up your simple carbs first thing in the morning.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for the quick response man. But yeah I always have wheat bread, but it's usually two peices. I suppose I will suck it up and try to limit myself to one and stretch it out over the course of the meal.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.
    Answers

Indeed, we all have to make concessions if we're going to achieve the results that we're looking for. It's part of the fun.
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Taureau
    Thanks for the quick response man. But yeah I always have wheat bread, but it's usually two peices. I suppose I will suck it up and try to limit myself to one and stretch it out over the course of the meal.
    5'8 and 140lbs is really lean two peices of whole grain toast should not be a problem for you.I like to use smart balance light spread on my toast,no hydrogenated oil/trans fats,it is made with flax oil and has omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and just as important it tastes good.Are you trying to stay at 140 or add mass?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Toast wouldn't be a bad choice if bulking... Though i would take it out if trying to cut

Now more on this smart balance spread, taste good?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.
    Answers

Smart Balance is awesome. I use it to make my eggs in the morning. I get the Smart Balance Light with Flax.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I use "I can't believe it's not butter"! Mix it with some chopped garlic and you get garlic toast!
  9. Kam
    Answers

I always make an egg sandwhich with some whole wheat bread, i'm on a cut but I'll look at the carbs tomorrow to see if I need to cut them out.
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinJack
    I use "I can't believe it's not butter"! Mix it with some chopped garlic and you get garlic toast!
    doesn't it have hydrogenated oils/trans fatty acids in it?Try smart balance light made with flax,heart healthy fats only and it tastes just as good.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

As long as you are still losing weight, why worry?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

You should check out Ezekiel Bread or any other sprouted grain type breads. You can usually find them in the frozen healthfood section of most grocery stores and sometimes in the fresh isle. Sprouted grain bread is much better for the body than ones made from refined flours, even wholegrain ones.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.
    Answers

My bread of choice is Arnold's Dutch Country. It's really good. Like cake.
  14. Board Supporter
    Answers

If your bulking slap some natty PB on those babies. I usually eat some oatmeal bread and some turkey bacon.
  15. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jblake
    You should check out Ezekiel Bread or any other sprouted grain type breads. You can usually find them in the frozen healthfood section of most grocery stores and sometimes in the fresh isle. Sprouted grain bread is much better for the body than ones made from refined flours, even wholegrain ones.
    hell yeah! ezeikal is probably your best choice for bread to toast. another good, low carb choice comes from rudi's organic bakery. most organic food stores sell this. 45 cals a slice, 5 carbs per slice, all organic ingredients. deinitely a solid choice. ive incorporated this in my contest prep diet with much success and for some reason, i trust nutrition labels from an organic food store/company much more than a commercial brand. heres the link for nutrition facts and ingredients. check it out:
    Rudi's Organic Bakery - Low-Carb - Right Choice
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 11:07 AM
  2. HEAT/ AMP stack with alcohol?
    By justinb44 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
  3. Do you need sugar with your CEE?
    By Khyron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4