Bodyfat coming off too quick while cutting?

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.26%

Bodyfat coming off too quick while cutting?

This is my first ever cutting phase. I am now in my second week of cutting and just took my measurements tonight. I use the same digital caliper and take my measurements in the same spots. I also use a program tracker on my computer to input the results. I use the Parillo 9 site method as stated on the software.

My last measurement was 9 days ago and came in at 14.32%. My measurements tonight came in at 11.69%!!! My weight has not changed and my software also says because of that I have gained 3.48 pounds of muscle. Maybe this is normal but somehow I don't think so. If I can drop over 2.5% of bodyfat in only 9 days then I would think I'm a freak of nature.

I just came off of a bulking diet consisting of eating 20 times my bodyweight in calories on a 30p/40c/30f diet. I trained 3 times per week with no cardio. On my cutting diet I switched to eating 15 times my bodyweight in calories on a 40p/30c/30f diet. My training consists of 3 days lifting weights and 3 days doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. I run on my treadmill at a moderate pace for 15 minutes. To further my info, I am an ectomorph with a fast metabolism. I am 5' 11" tall and weigh 170lbs.

Is losing that amount of fat in 9 days normal? Am I a freak of nature? Is this a fluke? Is this normal?

Thanks,
    eGhost.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

No need to fix something that isn't brokededed
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.26%

I heard that! I couldn't be more excited at this point. I just want to know if losing that much in 9 days is normal?
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Problem with calipers is that it's easy to get different readings if you're not paying attention to all the variables when doing each measurement. i.e., amount you are holding in or out the stomach.

Did you take tape measurements too as a back up source of data?
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

And no it isn't normal
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Problem with calipers is that it's easy to get different readings if you're not paying attention to all the variables when doing each measurement. i.e., amount you are holding in or out the stomach.

Did you take tape measurements too as a back up source of data?
    Yes I took tape measurements and will list the differences below. I also take my measurements 3 times in each location to verify the reading is accurate with the caliper. It's the best thing you can do to try and achieve a consistant reading in my opinion.

These results are 9 days apart.
    Chest +1"
    Waist -1"
    Hips -.5"
    Shoulders +.25"
    Bicep -.25"
    Neck Same
    Calf +.25"
    Upper Thigh +.5"

Thanks,
    eGhost.
  7. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

On your new diet are you taking in less sodium?

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.53%

how have your lifts been since your started this (decreasing or increasing)?
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.26%

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    On your new diet are you taking in less sodium?

CROWLER
    I don't monitor my sodium intake. With that said I haven't made any adjustments to lower or raise it. I would imagine I am taking in a little less due to the lower calories though.
  10. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.26%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    how have your lifts been since your started this (decreasing or increasing)?

I am not as strong on this diet as when I was bulking. I kinda expected that though.
  11. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93%

Quote Originally Posted by eGhost
    I am not as strong on this diet as when I was bulking. I kinda expected that though.
    The best way to track muscle loss (if you don't have access to calculating your lean body mass accurately and consistently) is to keep a log of the lifts you do. Log how much weight and how many reps you do. You should either stay just as strong or more importantly gain a little strength even while cutting. If not, you might be losing muscle at too fast a rate and even though fat is coming off fast, might want to up the calories a bit and maintain the muscle.
  12. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah, not normal to drop 3% BF in 9 days cutting naturally. Calipers are a royal PITA though...until you get real good at pinching the exact same amount of skin each time (which takes practice), you'll see wide variances.

Plus, if you went from 14.8 to 11%, you'd be so excited about how much leaner you looked, you'd have mentioned it or posted some pics out of sheer excitement

...3.48 pounds of muscle.
    That's actually a pretty sizable gain in LBM, and isnt going to happen in 9 days in caloric defecit - even if you're 'enhanced'.

Good luck on the cutting though bro! Looks like you got everything down, Im sure you'll be at 11% before you know it.

BV
  13. Doctor Science
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93%

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Yeah, not normal to drop 3% BF in 9 days cutting naturally. Calipers are a royal PITA though...until you get real good at pinching the exact same amount of skin each time (which takes practice), you'll see wide variances.

Plus, if you went from 14.8 to 11%, you'd be so excited about how much leaner you looked, you'd have mentioned it or posted some pics out of sheer excitement

That's actually a pretty sizable gain in LBM, and isnt going to happen in 9 days in caloric defecit - even if you're 'enhanced'.

Good luck on the cutting though bro! Looks like you got everything down, Im sure you'll be at 11% before you know it.

BV
    GEEEEZ BV you big killjoy!! haha just kidding, I was mentioning the same thing.
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.26%

Thanks for the reply's. I can see that I am leaner, my pants even fit much better. I will continue to monitor my levels and keep you updated.

Thanks Again,
    eGhost.

Similar Forum Threads

1. A week off of training while cutting
    By BaDgErFaN in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
  2. Is the weight coming off to quick?
    By Machwon1 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 09:42 AM
  3. Coming off a cut, soon; need advice.
    By abbazaba in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 02:55 PM
  4. Am I eating too little carbs while cutting???
    By BIGGUNZ401 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 12:16 PM
  5. Coming off Nolva too fast?
    By f4idan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 03:11 AM