Odd hours

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Odd hours

I'm looking for some ideas and help. A recent career move has caused my eating, sleeping, and workout habits to get out of whack. I am a production supervisor for a defense contractor. Great job, crappy hours (4:00 pm - 3:00 am). I am off on Friday and return to work Monday. Having a difficult time trying to get the calories and sleep I need at such odd hours. I am trying to workout when I wake up, around 11:00am or so. That is going okay. My diet is suffering though. Has anyone worked through a similar situation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nightshift
    I'm looking for some ideas and help. A recent career move has caused my eating, sleeping, and workout habits to get out of whack. I am a production supervisor for a defense contractor. Great job, crappy hours (4:00 pm - 3:00 am). I am off on Friday and return to work Monday. Having a difficult time trying to get the calories and sleep I need at such odd hours. I am trying to workout when I wake up, around 11:00am or so. That is going okay. My diet is suffering though. Has anyone worked through a similar situation? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am still working through mine. Diet has been real sh**ty since I have started working the night shift. What I beleive I aam going to have to start doing is taking pre planned meals to work. It's the only way I am going to get the calories in I need. Lately, I am lucky if I get in two meals a day...
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I went from a 10pm-8am shift to a 145pm-10pm shift and about to switch to a 545pm-6am shift.

The key is finding a workout schedule that'll make it where you'll actually go to the gym.

The key to finding a diet plan that works on those hours is making every bit of your work food before heading to the job so you have acess to the right foods throughout the night and won't vending machine or fast food it.
    •   

4. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    I went from a 10pm-8am shift to a 145pm-10pm shift and about to switch to a 545pm-6am shift.

The key is finding a workout schedule that'll make it where you'll actually go to the gym.

The key to finding a diet plan that works on those hours is making every bit of your work food before heading to the job so you have acess to the right foods throughout the night and won't vending machine or fast food it.

So basically you take preplanned meals with you to work?
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Buy an igloo...and make your meals the night before. This has definetly helped me keep my diet in check especially at work...most people get a break or lunch every two hours..this has definetely help me keep regular.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Yussir, preplanned meals are easy with Fitday.com. I just plan out using that depending on if i'm hitting the gym or not among other things(like if I know i'll be doing a lot of 'work')

Ziplock baggies, tupperware type dishes and large drink bottles with sealable lids, are your firends.
  7. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Yussir, preplanned meals are easy with Fitday.com. I just plan out using that depending on if i'm hitting the gym or not among other things(like if I know i'll be doing a lot of 'work')

Ziplock baggies, tupperware type dishes and large drink bottles with sealable lids, are your firends.

Thanks...looks like I will go invest in some tupperware soon.
  8. :::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
    Answers

What do you guys drink late at night for energy? I tried water because it doesn't have any sodium and I am trying to cut, but thats a no go. Lately I been drinking Green Tea, but doesn't give me a boost like Diet Dew does. What do you guys drink to keep your energy up through the night?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Diet Ripped fuel or sugar free Fury or sugar free Monster. None of em have over 10 calories and come with various vit B's,ginsing,creatine etc. Good for energy.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles13
    So basically you take preplanned meals with you to work?
    Exactly! I've worked 7pm-7am for the last 3 years and It definately takes getting used to. It took awhile to get my meals and training on track, but it definatley can be done. I bring preplanned meals with me and eventually you get used to eating at these strange times......It's tough but you can do it
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help!!! 24 hours until elimidate
    By JWest0926 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 08:26 PM
  2. how many hours a week should i train?
    By julius kelp in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 09:37 PM
  3. Crazy 24 hour sale ......Happy birthday Ecfatcat
    By buyb12 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 10:34 PM
  4. At the 1 hour mark: finish workout or avoid cortisol and stop?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 06:46 PM
  5. If you had 72 hours to live what would you do???
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-25-2002, 12:17 AM