Suggestions

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Suggestions

Didn't know where else to post this, thought I would try here first. My wife has decided to start weight training again, and I'm looking for a good start up program for her. Due to some serious health issues, she has been unable to do much of anything for the past several years. Basically, her body was unable to produce and maintain energy. If she did anything rigorous, she would be wiped out for a couple of days! Alot of this I attribute to the doctors just shoveling pills on her. She is off most RX drugs now and is supplementing naturally. Her new Dr. has cleared her to start exercising again, and she wants to add strength training to the cardio she is now doing.(much muscle atrophy due to her illness) Any suggestions on how to ease her back into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.69%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nightshift
    Didn't know where else to post this, thought I would try here first. My wife has decided to start weight training again, and I'm looking for a good start up program for her. Due to some serious health issues, she has been unable to do much of anything for the past several years. Basically, her body was unable to produce and maintain energy. If she did anything rigorous, she would be wiped out for a couple of days! Alot of this I attribute to the doctors just shoveling pills on her. She is off most RX drugs now and is supplementing naturally. Her new Dr. has cleared her to start exercising again, and she wants to add strength training to the cardio she is now doing.(much muscle atrophy due to her illness) Any suggestions on how to ease her back into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

This is what I would do.

1. http://www.flanutrition.com/ Get Bobo.

2. http://dietforumlive.com/
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

If you are just looking at starting her off on something basic, look into doing something like the Kaiser Circuit 3 x weekly. These type of circuits are very basic, and are very effective in easing into weight training. They usually focus on light, full body training. Depending on where you lift, some gyms even have specific circuits set up.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need suggestions for a new name of the forum
    By Chemo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 05:04 PM
  2. Golds Gym Training Suggestions...Interesting
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 11:41 AM
  3. flax seed oil suggestions
    By mauibuilt in forum Supplements