Nutritional content of Sushi?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%

Nutritional content of Sushi?

I've been trying to eat more healthy lately and im thinking sushi would be a good alternative to other lunch foods such as burgers and tacos. However the sushi at my school does not have nutritional info on the package. Does anyone have an idea of the nutritional content in California rolls for example? Btw there are 8 rolls per package.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.94%

Quote Originally Posted by maxer
    I've been trying to eat more healthy lately and im thinking sushi would be a good alternative to other lunch foods such as burgers and tacos. However the sushi at my school does not have nutritional info on the package. Does anyone have an idea of the nutritional content in California rolls for example? Btw there are 8 rolls per package.
    Try using the calculator at www.fitday.com it's really good.

I like this place near me that makes sushi using brown rice - I'd never seen that before and it tastes GREAT.

BP
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I get my sushi with Brown Rice at my local Whole Foods.

It is better than burgers and tacos but the only thing that would be concerning would be the white rice, but if its all ya got go with the sushi over a caf burger.

My school just started offering a healthy lunch opption in our school and starting next year there will be all healthy good in the caf (a New Jersey bill passed eliminating products with main ingredient as sugar, foods with certain fat %s and so on) Kids are flipping out because of this, but all I can say is it is about time. Although some of the healthy foods my caf has been serving I wouldnt touch, cept the w.w pasta
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%

Quote Originally Posted by BigP0ppa3
    Try using the calculator at fitday.com it's really good.

I like this place near me that makes sushi using brown rice - I'd never seen that before and it tastes GREAT.

BP
    Thanks ill check that out. Brown rice? Thats wild. Never had anything besides the standard white rice but id like to try the brown.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    I get my sushi with Brown Rice at my local Whole Foods.

It is better than burgers and tacos but the only thing that would be concerning would be the white rice, but if its all ya got go with the sushi over a caf burger.

My school just started offering a healthy lunch opption in our school and starting next year there will be all healthy good in the caf (a New Jersey bill passed eliminating products with main ingredient as sugar, foods with certain fat %s and so on) Kids are flipping out because of this, but all I can say is it is about time. Although some of the healthy foods my caf has been serving I wouldnt touch, cept the w.w pasta

Yeah when I was in high school I know I wouldn't have eaten sushi or anything healthy for that matter. I was all about the burritos and pizza unfortunately.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.94%

Definitely check out www.fitday.com too. It'll help you out big time when trying to plan out a diet or just figure out what you ate.

BP
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.43%

man i had some california rolls today and i was on fitday and they didnt know those things are good especially with the wasabi

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nutritional benefits of ginger
    By jjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 04:42 PM
  2. (Chart) Caffeine Content of Beverages
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 11:29 AM
  3. Protien content of Egg Whites
    By mildain in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18