Best real food post workout?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I ran out of protien powder due to some unexpected bills I didn't get to order any yet.

What would you folks suggest as a whole food post workout if a shake wasn't an option?

I am thinking Egg whites since its highly bioavailable.

SO far I have been eating lean meat and loading up on my Liver tabs post workout.

I think I will have to eat real food post workout for the next week or so.

h19

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
egg whites and oats are a solid meal, I'd do that or chicken and oats.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the oats/egg whites, raw is good too if you are too lazy to cook them like I am....Not mixed together though...Nasty

BBAddict

Awards
I'd say you have the right idea--just as lean a meat (or eggs) as possible and some good carbs. I've read several times that high GI carbs are not advantageous PWO, so a lean meat and oats or sweet potato makes a good meal.

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
You could through in some skim milk to wash it all down :)

tutorhelp07

Awards
I always go with the tried and true...chicken!

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
ricotta cheese has a high concentration of whey. id go with the fat free kind PWO with some clean carbs. maybe toast some ezeikal bread and top it off with the ricotta or something like that.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
hmm ricotta cheese..now thats an idea...I was actually looking to pick some up a few weeks ago and it totally slipped my mind. Good call

So does anyone know of anyone that DOESN"T have a shake post workout and relies on real food? I have a guess who might chime in here, but I will hold out on saying.

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
ok you see in my avatar those sexy love handles? That's what bagels do to me....

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Damn Hamper... lookin' thick and sick with that back.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
I'd go with oats and chicken breast... Although egg whites don't sound to bad.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Chicken thighs or breast with a toasted buttered onion pita...mmmm

...for less fat just the breast or whole eggs...rolled oats

raider1

raider1

Awards
I have always liked Turkey instead of chicken. Tuna or Salmon.. and your oats..

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
yeah I pretty much can't stand chicken breast anymore...i mean unless it's breaded and fried and covered with cheese..lol

Thighs I like. Last night I just had a lean and thick center cut pork chop, with about 3 servings of broccoli..and a slice of low fat american cheese, washed down with 6 oz of 1% milk.

Nice and tasty

raider1

raider1

Awards
Yeh , I like the broccoli too, been on a kick lately of having cottage cheese with chives on low fat Triscuits... good small meal and fills you up quick..

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
triscuits are the stuff...I couldn't live without them...it's like you are eating junk food but aren't. The Rosemary and olive oil ones own at life.

Synthetik

Awards
I sometimes do lean ground turkey and add oats in the meat. I make them into hamburger patties. The oats keep the meat moist and you get some good carbs as well!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
yeah I pretty much can't stand chicken breast anymore...i mean unless it's breaded and fried and covered with cheese..lol

Thighs I like. Last night I just had a lean and thick center cut pork chop, with about 3 servings of broccoli..and a slice of low fat american cheese, washed down with 6 oz of 1% milk.

Nice and tasty
You are looking for a good alternative to protein powder because you ran out, has happened to me to lol.

I think you had a GREAT idea with the egg whites.

I am curious why did you chose to go with the pork chop?

IMO even low fat pork chop is probably the worst choice of all the suggestions in this thread. It would be interesting to see the number of fat cals in the pork chop, low fat cheese and 1% skim milk.

If it were me I would go to the store and just buy some protein powder to hold you over til you can order online.

CROWLER

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
I just went with pork chop b/c I wanted something other then chicken...and had been eating flank steak for 4 days in a row and needed a change.

I actually did go to the store and bout a 2lb thing of protien....i need another 10lb bag though which I am about to order right now actually

Too bad nobody needs beta testers for protien powder

it was only 1 slice of low fat cheese, which was like 2g fat..and 8 oz 1% milk is 2.5 g fat.

6 oz top loin center cut pork chop 7.3 g fat....depending on the cut of pork, it can be quite lean

h19

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I just went with pork chop b/c I wanted something other then chicken...and had been eating flank steak for 4 days in a row and needed a change.

I actually did go to the store and bout a 2lb thing of protien....i need another 10lb bag though which I am about to order right now actually

Too bad nobody needs beta testers for protien powder

it was only 1 slice of low fat cheese, which was like 2g fat..and 8 oz 1% milk is 2.5 g fat.

6 oz top loin center cut pork chop 7.3 g fat....depending on the cut of pork, it can be quite lean

h19
Gotcha

If I ever make a new protein product I will have you beta test it for me ok? :)

CROWLER