MyFitnessPal app question

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
All the MyFitnessPal app users on here I need your help. I’m super confused on the app interface. I added in my cardio from the day and my original macros jumped up as well as having “remaining calories”. Does that mean that I need to eat more stuff to meet my “macro requirements” for the exercising?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t pay any attention to what it says you “need” to eat. It puts my maintenance calories at like 3100 which is way high.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn’t pay any attention to what it says you “need” to eat. It puts my maintenance calories at like 3100 which is way high.
It put mine at 2570 which I’m fine with, but then I have like 400 “remaining calories” after I type in my cardio. Alright I’ll make adjustments in the future if I need to eat a bit more. Thank you.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ignore the calorie adjustment for cardio bro. Mfp is great as a calorie/Macro tracker but rubbish for anything else. Set your own maintenance and adjust as you need

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend that you don't track cardio or activity in MFP. Set your calories and stay consistent with your numbers. Adding in activity and cardio screws everything up and makes it hard to be consistent.

It's easier to set one number and focus on that as your daily target to hit. I see cardio as added calories burned in my day, but I don't eat more because I do my cardio.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just go with your macro settings. There are days if I plug in my workouts and labor for a day, it will give me over 1k additional cals.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I disconnected my Fitbit from MFP, because of that same reason. It kept adding in calories, making it a pita to track. Like others have said, hit your number, and all other is bonus calories burned.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tips guys.