Long term injuries and conditions

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How many of you have long term conditions that you train through? I have carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis in the hands and these bother the hell out of me but I still keep it pushing (and pulling lol). I usually wake up with completely numb hands anymore. Anyone else have these or anything else but still train through it all?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have herniated disc, damage to my hip and a few other injuries. Some take me out for a time, some I can work through. Unfortunately, the hip can lay me up for a while and work comes first.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I broke my neck at the C2-3, and broke my back at L3-5 due to a roadside bomb. I'm not supposed to lift over 5 lbs. I did chest on Monday it was a light day. My rest pause sets where at 205 that counts right. It has a 5 in it.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ACL/MCL and meniscus tear (repaired through surgery) but it’ll hurt on occasion.

L2-3 disc bulge
L4-5 disc bulge against nerve root
Stenosis throughout

Still squat, bench and dead regularly. However, I saw a physio for two to three months and stopped SQ and DL for 6mo to let the nerve calm down and for the inflammation to subside (to a degree). Now for me to continually train without pain I have a plethora of prehab, core stabilization and rehab I do to maintain.

I’ll eventually compete in another PL meet when I can get close to my old numbers or total.