How long after dieting....?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long after being on a diet until all your hormones stabilise? Ghrelin.. Leptin etc?

I have a hunger that almost uncontrollable.. I know its the classic post diet appetite when your leptin has bottomed out... Any way to get them back running again and not be food focused 24/7? Just as quick as is possible

Thanks

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Evomuse Epitome may make it worse at first if you are very lean - but it will normalize your leptin within a week or so most likely. A starchy refeed will help.

Reduce exercise levels, especially cardio.

Take large doses of Vitamin D...10-20,000 iu per day for a couple weeks.

There is no time frame ...it is specific to situations and individuals, IMO. If you were low carving or in an extreme deficit it could take weeks to lose the hunger and months or even years to truly normalize IMO if there is no intervention.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does high dose Vitamin D boost leptin production or help resistance?

I had a bottle of Epitome. I defo felt the increased hunger from it. I will still see how much i have left in the bottle. I have a tub of Olympus Labs Assas1nate thier.. I read this can help hunger and also boost Leptin?

I hate the constant hunger feeling.. Eat massive meals and still feel ravenous.. Food focused ALL day.. I don't think my brain likes my body being as lean. I would rather have a good relationship with food again than wanting to be shredded.

Thanks for the info

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Evomuse Epitome may make it worse at first if you are very lean - but it will normalize your leptin within a week or so most likely. A starchy refeed will help.

Reduce exercise levels, especially cardio.

Take large doses of Vitamin D...10-20,000 iu per day for a couple weeks.

There is no time frame ...it is specific to situations and individuals, IMO. If you were low carving or in an extreme deficit it could take weeks to lose the hunger and months or even years to truly normalize IMO if there is no intervention.
Was going to say a starchy refeed myself but you beat me to it. Do it as a refeed rather than a cheat meal imo

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does high dose Vitamin D boost leptin production or help resistance?

I had a bottle of Epitome. I defo felt the increased hunger from it. I will still see how much i have left in the bottle. I have a tub of Olympus Labs Assas1nate thier.. I read this can help hunger and also boost Leptin?

I hate the constant hunger feeling.. Eat massive meals and still feel ravenous.. Food focused ALL day.. I don't think my brain likes my body being as lean. I would rather have a good relationship with food again than wanting to be shredded.

Thanks for the info
So there is a complicated relationship between adiponectin and leptin. The ratio of leptin:adiponectin becomes increased during metabolic disease. Obese people have high leptin and low adiponectin.

Generally adiponectin increases hunger and improves insulin sensitivity, but I have some theories that it is more complicated than that. Vitamin D has been shown to raise adiponectin levels in obesity - but I think what it really does is normalize and restore the proper function/signaling of adiposites.

Granted, I have no direct studies and only the indirect interpretations of multiple studies that make me think this, so I am essentially being an internet nut with this theory. But give it a try for a week or so.

Are you gaining weight? Have you tested your blood sugar? How much weight did you lose? What is your BF% now?

Have you ever tried na-r-ala? It may be worth a shot.

Was going to say a starchy refeed myself but you beat me to it. Do it as a refeed rather than a cheat meal imo
This! Don't just cheat and call it a refeed. Plan the meal and structure it.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will pick up some Vitamin D today and give it a go.

My bodyfat i would estimate 10-11%? Yes i have a blood glucose monitor at home and take readings some morning. I test alot of GDA's to see which ones bring my blood sugars back stable again quickest. Im currently using Gymnema Sylvestre and it works decent enough.. Only time i tried Na-R-Ala was when it was included in a GDA with other ingredients so i can't comment on its effects directly.

My biggest issue is only the appetite. I use to be over weight a few years back. Im currently. 155 pounds where i use to be 212 pounds.. So its a fair drop. I lost the majority of the weight a few year back and i started training around 3 year ago where i have done bulk's and cut's in that period and built a good amount of mass. I just want to get a good relationship with food again. Eat when i actually feel hungry and stop when im full. My hunger signals are all over the place and the same for my satiety ones. Ive tried increasing fats in my diet to see if that helps but still the same.

Yes im gaining weight. It's gradual as im very active but i am making the scale climb. I would be happy to go up a good % in Bodyfat just to feel some satiety.

I will give the Vitamin D a go and see how i get on.

Refeed wise.. Just have a very high carb day? I don't really eat junk foods so i don't do cheat meals. I get my carbs from decent sources. When refeeding does it matter if its slow or fast digesting to boost leptin? I would structure a day around this.

Cheers guys i appreciate the info

Logray

Awards
  • Established

My bodyfat i would estimate 10-11%? Yes i have a blood glucose monitor at home and take readings some morning. I test alot of GDA's to see which ones bring my blood sugars back stable again quickest. Im currently using Gymnema Sylvestre and it works decent enough.. Only time i tried Na-R-Ala was when it was included in a GDA with other ingredients so i can't comment on its effects directly.

My biggest issue is only the appetite. I use to be over weight a few years back. Im currently. 155 pounds where i use to be 212 pounds.. So its a fair drop. I lost the majority of the weight a few year back and i started training around 3 year ago where i have done bulk's and cut's in that period and built a good amount of mass. I just want to get a good relationship with food again. Eat when i actually feel hungry and stop when im full. My hunger signals are all over the place and the same for my satiety ones. Ive tried increasing fats in my diet to see if that helps but still the same.

Yes im gaining weight. It's gradual as im very active but i am making the scale climb. I would be happy to go up a good % in Bodyfat just to feel some satiety.

Refeed wise.. Just have a very high carb day? I don't really eat junk foods so i don't do cheat meals. I get my carbs from decent sources. When refeeding does it matter if its slow or fast digesting to boost leptin? I would structure a day around this.

I've went from 210-220lbs to 145 in litlle less than 3 month. What worked for me was that I was upping the calories step by step on weekdays and weekends i had two bigger meals to feel full but wit nearly the same calorie intake. I eat 6 times on a weekday but 4 on weekend, basically merge 3 meals, and add some food wich takes up space and have low cals like a big bowl of veggie soup. With that I was able to gain back 20lbs without significant fat ammount.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Great job with the weight loss! Getting that lean is tough!

As far as a refeed, you can do a day, but if it were me 8 would just pick a single meal. I would, if possible, eat this meal after an intense weight workout.

I would eat 2 grams of carbs, preferably starchy carbs as much as possible, a moderate amount if protein and relatively low fat.

A big burrito with rice, bagels and breads, pasta, etc. Are some great choices.

Have you "come off" your diet? One thing about dieting is that, if you are like me, you tend to learn some good habits but those habits are necessarily taken to an extreme during the diet.

You learn to eat a lot less, but not a little less.

Finding balance can be hard in other words, especially when struggling with hunger and post diet issues. You wind up going between bad eating like the old way, and diet eating...but you haven't figured out a third option.

Not sure if this is what you are seeing, but that has been my experience when I got lean.

Another thing I have found - while dieting we tend to over limit either fat or carbs or both. A meal that has a reasonable mix of fat, carbs and protein from healthy sources seems to make me most satisfied. If I eat a lot of fat and protein but no carbs...hungry. a lot of carbs and protein and no fat....hungry.

Fat, protein and carbs mixed though often catches me by surprise and I get full and want to stop eating.

Of course simple carbs like sugar, when mixed with fats, can cause you to over eat.. so keep the carbs to good sources.