Macros

Blythy

Blythy

Awards
So what do you guys find best Marcos is for keeping lean ?

Carbs ?
Fat ?
Protein?

Please share what you find works best for your daily intake

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For me it appears to be tied to amount of carbs. I’ve figured out that my body doesn’t process carbs real well- I do really well on keto. But keto isn’t good for trying to put on muscle. More than about 200g’s of carbs per day and it all goes on as fat.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
60-70g fat. Up to 200g protein. Rest is carbs. Nothing too crazy. Depends on how active I am and how fun I want to have :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like to keep carbs lowish whether bulking or cutting, I do a fair bit of cardio so my carb intake would be lowish when that’s factored in. I do 350-400g protein and 75-100g fat normally.

It’s such a personal thing though, I think trying different splits and seeing what you prefer is the only way to go.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So what do you guys find best Marcos is for keeping lean ?

Carbs ?
Fat ?
Protein?

Please share what you find works best for your daily intake
Here is the key thing, we are all different. I would suggest trying different apporaches and seeing what works best for you.

Personally, carb cycling has worked well for me in terms of staying lean while bulking while also helping me with my performance in the gym. It is something I would look into. I will link a good article below, but I would not follow it word for word. I follow a modified version of it. If you have questions, let me know.

Carb cycling is effective for those who do it right. And to do it right you can't wing it. Paying attention to details will pay off. In the long run, it'll lead to a more muscular and leaner physique.
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex

E

exrugger

Awards
Approx:
30% fat
30% carb
40% protein

If I want to step it up I reduce carbs and up protein/fat. Also toss in a refeed/higher carb meal or day but all quality sources. Avoid sugar and refined carbs (bread, pasta etc) like the plague (at least for me the sugar factor seems key). Carbs should come from veggies and some fruits/grains only.

Honestly everyone will have their own tweak that works but follow the basics and you'll have a good base to work with.