WHO HERE HAS HIGH ESTROGEN AND GETS ANXIETY?

D

Dmpesso

Awards
What’s going on guys. So I’ve always had puffy nipples since puberty as well as slight anxiety that I used to need medication for. When I take Xanax I feel so calm and normal that it’s scary how good it makes you feel. Now I just take Ashwaganhda but my body has become addicted to it. The more research I do, the more it seems that high estrogen is linked with low GABA which causes anxiety. When your estrogen is high it suppresses natural GABA production. Of course low test can also do this.

I’m just curious, how many people here have anxiety and also high estrogen confirmed with blood work? What about anxiety but normal estrogen? Wondering how common it is. Low GABA is extremely common and anxiety is even more common on here with everyone messing around with their hormones I’m starting to put 2 and 2 together. I honestly think it’s all in the hormones.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't had bloods done in a while, but back when my anxiety was at its worst, my estrogen was normal.

D

Dmpesso

Awards
I haven't had bloods done in a while, but back when my anxiety was at its worst, my estrogen was normal.
Ok good to know, I think that GABA/Dopamine/Serotonin are the real culprits for anxiety and those easily get out of balance when we mess with our hormones

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had the opposite. Had low E2 and very high anxiety for a long time before I realized I was overdoing my AI in my TRT protocol. Problem started after I had leaned out quite a bit and stayed lean (I only do recomps now so that I can stay lean year round), but kept on the same AI protocol with my TRT, for about a year. I don't have much of a need for an AI now so I completely dropped it and everything is fine.

D

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Our bodies are “anxious” because something is making them anxious. In other words, a stressor is stressing our body out.

As a 26 year survivor of PTSD, I've learned that people get stuck with the “psychological” aspect of anxiety and completely underestimate the disabling aspects of the other types of stressors.

It's silly too because:

A drug overdose can cause PTSD [Physical]

Chronic poverty can cause PTSD [Environmental]

Child abuse can cause PTSD [Psychological]

Chronic illnesses like cancers cause PTSD [Biological]

Most people envision a combat veteran - not a cancer survivor or a child born in poverty. That's incredibly sad too. Thanks!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Our bodies are “anxious” because something is making them anxious. In other words, a stressor is stressing our body out.

As a 26 year survivor of PTSD, I've learned that people get stuck with the “psychological” aspect of anxiety and completely underestimate the disabling aspects of the other types of stressors.

It's silly too because:

A drug overdose can cause PTSD [Physical]

Chronic poverty can cause PTSD [Environmental]

Child abuse can cause PTSD [Psychological]

Chronic illnesses like cancers cause PTSD [Biological]

Most people envision a combat veteran - not a cancer survivor or a child born in poverty. That's incredibly sad too. Thanks!
Some people do have actual stressors that cause their anxiety, but it's not the only cause. Many have an anxiety disorder that causes their body to react to a stimuli that simply isn't there or to overact to a stimuli that is. I think it's important to explore both options for patients.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my last lab results were total test 825 free test 255 and estrogen 39. Nothing out of range. From all my labs over the past four years estrogen was high one time , and it was a false positive. I had to do a estrogen sensitive test and that came back fine

I could be wrong, I think some people have a higher genetic cause of anxiety. In the big five personality test its called neurotic . There are some things you an do to lessen it. Stay stress free. Use moderate , lower, or no stimulates at all. Meditate-this ia a big one and has helped me a lot. Finally , enough sleep.

You mentioned gaba, theres a supplement Ive been taken since 2003 called gaba. Its not strong; however when taken it it does give a heavy body breathing sensation that follows with my lower limbs and body relaxing, I find it kind of pleasant in a strange way. When I take it too often it doesnt happen as much so I take it here and there or spangingly

D

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people do have actual stressors that cause their anxiety, but it's not the only cause. Many have an anxiety disorder that causes their body to react to a stimuli that simply isn't there or to overact to a stimuli that is. I think it's important to explore both options for patients.
You are right, Brah!

Maybe, No one knows for sure. There is some research that it is caused (well, associated) by genetics and upbringing.

For example, if you had your mum and dad both:

over-analysers
pessimistic worryers
catastrophisers
history of suffering anxiety
then, you would have inherited their genes.

Plus, you would have been around their worrying habits, thought processes and behaviours all your life.

Even at this stage though, you could possibly live your whole life without it if you are lucky enough to not add in the last ingredient: stress.

But you had the four qualities above and stressed out all the time, anxiety would be the last thing to worry about. This type of thinking is the cause for so many illnesses. Thanks

D

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my last lab results were total test 825 free test 255 and estrogen 39. Nothing out of range. From all my labs over the past four years estrogen was high one time , and it was a false positive. I had to do a estrogen sensitive test and that came back fine

I could be wrong, I think some people have a higher genetic cause of anxiety. In the big five personality test its called neurotic . There are some things you an do to lessen it. Stay stress free. Use moderate , lower, or no stimulates at all. Meditate-this ia a big one and has helped me a lot. Finally , enough sleep.

You mentioned gaba, theres a supplement Ive been taken since 2003 called gaba. Its not strong; however when taken it it does give a heavy body breathing sensation that follows with my lower limbs and body relaxing, I find it kind of pleasant in a strange way. When I take it too often it doesnt happen as much so I take it here and there or spangingly
I see...

D

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can ketamine cause anxiety? What are you think, guys?