Weight loss plan to lose 30lbs

Drigger98

Awards
Guys,
Been following forums for a while now but only made a post myself.

I am a 20 year old male currently weighing at 198lbs.
I've put on approximately 15lbs over the last 6 months due to an office job.

I'm an ex boxer so not really used to be this overweight. Being 5ft10 I've always been between 169 and 185 pounds (including when I've gained abit of weight).

I want to start a training/diet plan to get myself down to 165 pounds over next couple of months. Never really counted my calories or had planned meals so will need a hand with this!

I've bought some Cardarine recently so include this is any recommendations please ! thank you!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you don’t already have training and diet down, why use experimental/abandoned drugs? Figure out your diet first, you said you’ve never really counted calories or planned meals.

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Figure your maintenance calories, subtract 400 calories or so. TRACK YOUR FOOD, weigh yourself daily and take the average weight lost during a week to see where you stand and where to make adjustments. There is no magical supplement.

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Figure your maintenance calories, subtract 400 calories or so. TRACK YOUR FOOD, weigh yourself daily and take the average weight lost during a week to see where you stand and where to make adjustments. There is no magical supplement.
.5-1 lbs a week is a good rate.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Makes sense. I take it this doesn't include cardio/training?
Cardio and training simply contributes to your calorie expenditure (when we are looking specifically at simple weight loss), resistance training is useful to limit the loss of muscle mass but ultimately your daily calorie intake needs to be your AMR minus 400.

I agree with all the advice above btw

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Makes sense. I take it this doesn't include cardio/training?
Of course it does. Why would you try to lose weight without exercising? That's just silly. Figure out your diet, and figure out your training. You should be able to get good results with just these things, since it sound like you don't exactly have them nailed down yet. Don't worry about supplements/drugs until then, and especially not an abandoned/experimental drug; the risk vs reward just isn't there.