Macro Diet for Body Recomp

EM5055

Awards
Hey guys, just simply wondering if anyone wants to post a sample diet, based around macros, that would help someone in body recomposion.

240lb
Roughly 25%-28% Body Fat
6’ ft

Looking to decrease bf without loosing to much size.

Would appreciate some sample meal plans if possible.

-Thanks guys

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried low carb for the first time earlier in the year while attempting to recomp. I ate pretty much the same exact stuff at the same time every day. I snack constantly throughout the day. This was probably the most successful few months of results I have had in about 5 years. Do you know how many calories you need to be in a deficit?

Breakfast- 250g cottage cheese, 50g strawberries, 100g pineapple, 70g whey protein, 2oz reduced fat cheese.

Lunch- multigrain wrap, 1 cup spinach, 5oz chicken breast, 28g pesto, 1oz provolone, 125g white rice

Dinner- 3 eggs, 1.5oz provolone, 1tbs avocado oil, 60g ham, 1 multigrain wrap

Snacks- 2 wraps, 4oz tuna, 1 cup spinach, 20g mayo, 2oz provolone (a couple tuna wraps) 1oz almonds, 1 clementine, 45g peanut butter, 2oz pistachios, 2oz reduced fat cheese.

3700 cal, 19c/50f/31p

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At you bodyfat, I wouldn't try to recomp. I would just cut. Recomping is very difficult anyway and almost impossible unless using some sort of gear.

You will lose some size, but that is natural. You can limit that by not cutting for too long, keeping gym sessions shorter, focusing on your compound movements and trying to retain strength. Also, don't go into a huge deficit right away.

I like to carb cycle whether bulking or cutting. In terms of meals, just focus on what you like to eat. Keep carbs around your workouts, get enough protein in each meal and you're set. Do not dip below 20% of overall calories from fat sources.

For carb cycling, give the article below a read. Do not go as low on fats as it suggests though, the article is geared towards those that are enhanced and can get away with less fats.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex

Do you know your TDEE?

EM5055

Awards
I appreciate you responding my man. I actually had by BF measured today and was lower than I expected. BF is officially 24%. Also calculated my TDEE with a basic calculator online, and it came back between 3500-3700 calories.
I actually do plan on stacking two prohormones from “Anabolic Outlaws” while on this diet. They are “Mega Drol” and “Xtreme Fina Var”. Hopefully a body recomp will be possible with the right diet.
This is my first time using a macro based diet and I’m hoping to get results. I just need the right guidance to figuring out the right ratio of macros to accomplish my goal. I read the article you posted and it was fantastic. I was able to use the formula to calculate my daily caloric expenditure (3670 cals). I am still slightly confused on how to take that information and use it to accurately carb cycle. For example...Do I need to constantly be in a calorie deficit while while carb cycling?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
At your current body fat, I think it would be wise to stay consistently in a calorie deficit. If you've never tracked calories and macros I would stick with 3500 calories if you think that is on par with what your calorie maintenance would be. Keep calories consistent for 1-2 weeks and see if you gain or lose any weight.

Just an FYI - 3500 calories seems VERY high for a maintenance. The online calculators are often very inaccurate, so I wouldn't be surprised if this estimate is off by 400-600 calories.

I would dial in your maintenance and learn more about what your body requires each day before attempting to use prohormones or incorporate a carb cycling diet. You need to learn what your calorie baseline is first before you start adjusting and adding in compounds and diet strategies. Lastly - I've never heard of these PH's but if you're using real prohormones please get your PCT before you start.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One thing I find helpful is closely tracking the macros of my usual diet on an app everyday for a week or two to work out what exactly how much I’m currently consuming. At the same time, if you have a body fat checking machine at your gym, use it daily and find the average of your results. All of those machines have an error margin and I know that the one in my gym gives body fat to +-2.5%.
At the same time, try to figure out whether or not you’ve put on fat that week by looking at your fat mass and lean body mass reading averages in blocks of two or three days.
If you’ve maintained everything pretty perfectly, then reduce your daily calorie intake by ~25% by reducing your daily carb and fat intakes (but don’t reduce fat below 20% of your calorie intake). If your daily protein intake is below 30%, up it to 30% and adjust the carbs and fats in your regular diet accordingly.

I find this approach helpful as it makes reducing calories simple without you needing to change your diet much. Just remove/add items and/or scale down/up portion sizes as need be.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Carb cycling will be more helpful once you’re sub like 20or15% bodyfat. At 24-27% you needn’t but if it makes dieting a lot easier, then go for it. The guide AntM posted’s a good one

Judging whether or not you’ve put on fat by looking at your weight alone leaves your judgement exposed to shifts in water weight, which is why having one of those machines that tells you bodyfat%, lean body mass, fat mass, etc is so helpful

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Honey Nutrition / Health 19
clayface91 Nutrition / Health 10
Weight Loss 5
Nutrition / Health 5
AaronJP1 Nutrition / Health 0