Meal Prep With A Pressure Cooker

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone know if i can prepare chicken, rice, vegtables with just a pressure cooker? Any recommendations on make model? Saw on amazon 10 in 1 - Getting well cooked chicken breast is key for me? Thanks

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does anyone know if i can prepare chicken, rice, vegtables with just a pressure cooker? Any recommendations on make model? Saw on amazon 10 in 1 - Getting well cooked chicken breast is key for me? Thanks
Ask YouTube. Should get answers to recipes, cooking times, makes and models

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Instant pot. Buy one, this thing has been a really good addition to my kitchen. All sorts of things you can do with it.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes, there’s a lot of things you can do with them. I wouldn’t break the bank on one but they can make life easier.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I use a slow cooker for chicken - takes more time but tastes great. Pressure cookers can be expensive but they do work well. I just find it easier to set up a slow cooker at night and have my food cooked perfectly the next morning

franks009

Awards
  • Established
U can cook rice beans meats potatoes a ton of stuff

It comes with a manual with cooking times for everything.

It takes literally 10 mins for 2-3 pounds of chicken. It's great when I make chicken salad. The chicken shreds up like nothing

franks009

Awards
  • Established
I cook with a slow cooker as well but it depends on what your making. Making full meals I use slow cooker, meat veggies starch all in one.

Pressure cooker I use for single ingredients.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Second vote for the instant pot... much more versatile than a pressure cooker.

franks009

Awards
  • Established
Hey man can you PM me the link as blocked on forums. Thanks man
If it didn't work for some reason just Google search imusa pressure cooker. It shows up immediately. 7.4 qt for $35. Can't beat it

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those three items, I would opt for a rice cooker with a steaming basket. While the rice is cooking, you can utilize the steam basket and put your veggies or chicken in there. I also love the steam basket to steam potatoes and to make hard boiled eggs. Ever since I have made hard boiled eggs by steaming, I never have an issue with the shell and they come out perfect every time. If you can go with two gadgets, I would go with the rice cooker and slow cooker for meats. Put your meats of choice in the slow cooker, cook overnight, and then you have protein for the week.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I cook for a living, ok. Rice takes 20 minutes to cook. Chicken takes how long in the oven? Buying a pressure cooker to save a small amount of time on this stuff is a foolish purchase imo. Need to save time making stocks/sauces or stews? Pressure cookers are great for that, because they save you HOURS on each task, not a couple of minutes. If you’re trying to save a little time in your meal prep, you’re better off making your meals more efficient somewhere, rather than buying a pressure cooker to shave a couple minutes off.