IF max single meal carb intake

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is there a recommended / intelligent limit to how many grams of carbs you should consume from a single meal whilst intermittent fasting.
Essentially I’ve been intermittent fasting and sometimes need to consume 100g+ of carbs in a single meal if I’m to hit my daily macros. Is this inadvisible?
I’m currently recomping and so am looking to drop fat

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Not sure that there is a guideline, I just eat my normal meals but in an 8 hour window, not currently doing IF as just started a very slow weight gain phase and eating IF style doesn't suit me for that purpose.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Is there a recommended / intelligent limit to how many grams of carbs you should consume from a single meal whilst intermittent fasting.
There's no difference in calorie consumption when you compare IF to a diet on a regular schedule (smaller meals). If you decide to eat all of your calories in one meal you should hit all of your daily macros in that meal. So if 100g is your daily carb intake, eat 100g.

There isn't much benefit or magic to IF vs. other eating schedules - don't overthink it. If it were me I would prefer to split up my calories a bit to not feel bloated and uncomfortable, but if eating everything all at once is your preference than you can certainly do it that way.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
To build on that, I have never seen real evidence of anyone successfully "recomping"

If your body fat set point is low, have at it with your bulk. Cutting the body fat off again is the easy part and I can guarantee you'll look better after a year of serious eating and a few month of hard dieting than if you were hedging your bets on either side

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
meal timing is irrelevant if calories are constant. also, why do IF and bulk if you're worried? theres no benefit to it.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
meal timing is irrelevant if calories are constant. also, why do IF and bulk if you're worried? theres no benefit to it.
I'm recomping atm and am eating at a 500 kcal deficit on 12/13 days in every two week period.
I try not to eat any carbs within three hours of bed which means I usually eat all my carbs in my first meal of the day.
Refeed days mean I sometimes need to consume like 300g of carbs within a four hour window. Eating that much isn't hard but I'm just concerned about whether or not that'd be detrimental to my health

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm recomping atm and am eating at a 500 kcal deficit on 12or13 days in every two week period.
I try not to eat any carbs within three hours of bed which means I usually eat all my carbs in my first meal of the day.
Refeed days mean I sometimes need to consume like 300g of carbs within a four hour window. Eating that much isn't hard but I'm just concerned about whether or not that'd be detrimental to my health

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm recomping atm and am eating at a 500 kcal deficit on 12or13 days in every two week period.
There aren't any problems or concerns with eating that amount of carbs in a 4hr window - you're good to go