Do you ever experience food snobbery from others in Bodybuilding?

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Have you ever experienced this? Seems to be pretty popular among bodybuilding circles.

Food Snobbery and the people that carry it. So what are your opinions on this subject? Would you ever look down on someone who didn't eat clean all the time?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you ever look down on someone who didn't eat clean all the time?
No, because non of us do or should. I'm not going miss out on life to eat clean or even deprive my taste buds of foods I enjoy.

I highly doubt bodybuilders eat clean all the time as well. They have to eat a high amount of calories. Maybe during prep They do, but not offseason

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you ever experienced this? Seems to be pretty popular among bodybuilding circles.

Food Snobbery and the people that carry it. So what are your opinions on this subject? Would you ever look down on someone who didn't eat clean all the time?
No concern of mine what other people eat?

Id question it if it were preventing them achieving their goals but ultimately its not really my business.

I personally eat what most would term a very clean diet but i genuinely enjoy what i eat and dont feel im missing out on anything anyway...

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
Seems to me and this is not meant to offend anyone, that women who compete seem to carry the most snobbery. Guys for the most part in bodybuilding are not ashamed of eating junk and telling people about it. But **** all the women will post pics of kale with 3 oz of chicken. You will never see many of them talking about eating five guys like a man.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
If it's not clean eating it's retarded If It Fits Your Macros people posting pop tarts and protein cheesecake on their instagram

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it's not clean eating it's retarded If It Fits Your Macros people posting pop tarts and protein cheesecake on their instagram
You realize you are talking about the people that take IIFYM to the extreme, right. Kinda like how you take your diet to the extreme. There are extremists for everything in life, religion, politics, etc and they give the rest of the followers a bad name. And this is why people are close minded, hence, your whole IIFYM is retarded.

I guess I am a retard since I eat in moderation.

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
You realize you are talking about the people that take IIFYM to the extreme, right. Kinda like how you take your diet to the extreme. There are extremists for everything in life, religion, politics, etc and they give the rest of the followers a bad name. And this is why people are close minded, hence, your whole IIFYM is retarded.

I guess I am a retard since I eat in moderation.
Seems like there are tons of extremists in bodybuilding circles. Its getting quite old to be honest with you and turning me off. Nothing less fun than being around a bunch of them at a party. Its like those ****ing straight edge kids in high school who refused to crack open a beer cause they were against alcohol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've never met a single person that gives a flying fyk what any1 else eats, nor would I care.

Get new friends

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's funny to me seing you guys write "eat clean". Yesterday I saw two videos of pros doing kitchen meal prep videos. They literally went to the store, bought meat and then threw it in the pan to cook????.... That's the dirtiest thing lol... like no one's cleans thier meat before cooking?... No washing with salt and lemon juice first? Butcher departments in stores are filled with bacteria.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's funny to me seing you guys write "eat clean". Yesterday I saw two videos of pros doing kitchen meal prep videos. They literally went to the store, bought meat and then threw it in the pan to cooking????.... That's the dirtiest thing lol... like no one's cleans thier meat before cooking... No washing with salt and lemon juice first? Butcher departments in stores are filled with bacteria.
I actually hate the expression clean eating or eat clean as lots of people believe foods that are perfectly good for you to not fit that description. However, I use it as it’s the easiest way to convey that I pretty much don’t eat crap.