Is this most nutritious foods ? Yes or No

hpsolcenter

Awards
Here are the top 10 most nutritious foods and their nutritional scores, according to the study:

1. Almonds, 97
2. Cherimoya (a type of fruit), 96
3. Ocean perch (a deep-water fish), 89
4. Flatfish, 88
5. Chia seeds, 85
6. Pumpkin seeds, 84
7. Swiss chard, 78
8. Pork fat, 73
9. Beet greens, 70
10. Snapper, 69

In addition, pork fat contains oleic acid with 60% monounsaturated fat. Monounsaturated oleic acid has been found to be good for the heart, arteries and skin, and also helps to regulate hormones. As a comparison, butter contains 45% monounsaturated fat

But as with many things, moderation is key.

Excessive consumption of fat can lead to obesity, according to a Singapore-based nutritionist interviewed by the Chinese daily.

"As long as it's pure and unprocessed, it can be beneficial for the body," said the nutritionist. But she recommends not consuming more than six spoonfuls a day, and stresses the importance of a balanced diet: "For example, meat is a better source of Vitamin B than fat, and essential omega-3 fatty acids are obtained from other foods."

Still, it's good news for the rest of us who can tuck into our favourite roast pork or kou rou bao (pork belly bun) with just a little less guilt.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Beef should be a score of 400 if almonds are 97

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look up foods that vibrate.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The guy at the gym told me that Kale > everything and everyone.............no kale, no care.

For real tho, where did this list come from?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like there’s no way they tested every possible food, and there seems like there’s logically be any number of similar foods scattered throughout that list.

Also, nutritious seems somewhat arbitrary, and the amount of each food you can/will actually eat varies widely too. Half a pound of fish is very doable, but who on earth is going to eat half a pound of chia seeds? Like spirulina is amazingly nutrient and protein dense, but no one is really relying on it as a protein source, as that’d get boring fast and insanely expensive.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
“Excessive consumption of fat can lead to obesity, according to a Singapore-based nutritionist interviewed by the Chinese daily.”
Lol

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The guy at the gym told me that Kale > everything and everyone.............no kale, no care.

For real tho, where did this list come from?
Not sure where he saw it but I saw it on the BBC website

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
“Excessive consumption of fat can lead to obesity, according to a Singapore-based nutritionist interviewed by the Chinese daily.”
Lol
Excessive consumption of literally anything with calories can lead to obesity. That’s pretty much the definition of excessive. Do I get my PhD now?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Excessive consumption of literally anything with calories can lead to obesity. That’s pretty much the definition of excessive. Do I get my PhD now?
I think you deserve one. Answering that question got me an A* on my finals ��

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The quote from the nutritionist doesn’t even make sense: “...meat is a better source of vitamin B than fat...” meat contains fat. Not many people are sitting there eating pure fat, and even fewer of them are doing it with the intention of meeting their vitamin B needs. It’s just such a random, obvious, and essentially meaningless statement IMO.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The quote from the nutritionist doesn’t even make sense: “...meat is a better source of vitamin B than fat...” meat contains fat. Not many people are sitting there eating pure fat, and even fewer of them are doing it with the intention of meeting their vitamin B needs. It’s just such a random, obvious, and essentially meaningless statement IMO.
My grandfather used to eat just the fat around the steak, and then threw the steak to the hunting dogs?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Bone marrow is exceptionally good for you. I have a cup of broth most days now