Phosphate Levels High

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I got some blood results, the whole works today.
Doctor commented that Phosphate levels where high, not sure what supplement causing this
and health issues related to it.

PHOSPHATE *6.11 mmol/L Normal Range: 0.87 - 1.45

Not even sure what phosphates are?

Anyone help out?

DemonDevster

Awards
I know phosphate helps keep the calcium in the bones so i can imagine the sides would be muscles weakness and maybe even spasms. The doctors said anything else? And you mostly get phosphate from green leafy veg

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
High phosphate is normal in people that exercise heavily

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know phosphate helps keep the calcium in the bones so i can imagine the sides would be muscles weakness and maybe even spasms. The doctors said anything else? And you mostly get phosphate from green leafy veg
He commented on kidneys and high creatinine levels, i assume its creatine im taking, maybe need ease of this

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this Alkaline Phosphatase?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this Alkaline Phosphatase?
Dont think so man;

Phosphate, also called phosphorus, is an important source of energy. It is a chemical which the body needs to get energy from the food. It is an vital component of bones and high levels are found in skeletal muscle.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He commented on kidneys and high creatinine levels, i assume its creatine im taking, maybe need ease of this
I was going to ask you about your creatinine levels because often in CKD, phosphate is high. It is true that taking creatine will result in higher than normal creatinine but given the also high phosphate levels, I would personally go off creatine for awhile, give your body a wash out period and then retest if for no other reason than peace of mind. Did they measure BUN as well?

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to ask you about your creatinine levels because often in CKD, phosphate is high. It is true that taking creatine will result in higher than normal creatinine but given the also high phosphate levels, I would personally go off creatine for awhile, give your body a wash out period and then retest if for no other reason than peace of mind. Did they measure BUN as well?
I see, this is the eact comments:

"You have a slightly high level of creatinine. This is used to calculate your estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR). Your eGFR is 55 which is slightly low. I recommend repeating your test within the next 3 months. Please take care to drink a normal amount of water before your test as dehydration can cause high creatinine levels"

"Your phosphate level is quite raised. There are many possible causes for this including issues with your kidneys, parathyroid gland and an excess of phosphate in your diet/supplements. If you are supplementing I recommend reducing your dose. If you can’t think of a reason for your high phosphate then I recommend repeating this test in 6-8 weeks to ensure it is returning to normal. "

So people say Creatine has no effect on Kidneys but from BloodWork clearly does, but I assume this is because the way they test is not tailored to the bodybuilding industry.. I was taking Dynamize Creapure. It could be a issue with the specific product. Either way I reduce creatine for a while, bit phosphate confused me..

hajisan

Awards
I would go off creatine completely before your next bloodwork. You need to figure out if it's your kidneys or your supplements.