HELP!

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been lifting consistently six days a week got the past 3 years. In the past year and a half I've gained no muscle. And put on fat. My diet is on point. I eat 2000 calories on a cut, with 500 or so cals of cardio, and on a bulk I eat around 4k. I eat 1.5-2 gs of protein and sufficient fat as well. I push myself in the gym and am starting to lose motivation because I'm getting nowhere, it just seems pointless. What could be the problem? I'm 5'9 and 175 currently, and according to measurements I'm 19% bf. Which is ridiculous considering how much i workout and how healthy i eat. I was 6% before i hit my plateau thinking about doing some comps. But now that goal is shot. Someone help tell me what could be wrong, thank you!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What does your training look like bro? You change it up much?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nothing at all has changed with your diet? No alcohol or a little extra food here and there? Have you been under a lot of stress or had any big changes in your sleep?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If nothing else has truly changed, you might want to consider getting some bloodwork done.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing at all has changed with your diet? No alcohol or a little extra food here and there? Have you been under a lot of stress or had any big changes in your sleep?
I've been in a relationship and been eating less clean and out more often but the same macros, and I've been pretty stressed out for awhile. I've been getting 6 hours sleep on average which isnt much different either.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been in a relationship and been eating less clean and out more often but the same macros, and I've been pretty stressed out for awhile. I've been getting 6 hours sleep on average which isnt much different either.
Stress alone can do a lot, especially if chronic. Also, as we get older, our bodies allow for less and less. It's possible that a little extra calories while eating out can quickly add up. Maybe try adding in some HIIT or cardio and see if it helps.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I only change up my routine about every 6 months
I’d absolutely start here bro, I personally suggest major changes every 3 months (12 weeks to be precise). Unfortunately our bodies don’t like to change and the longer you do the same thing the more it adapts and the less the training will create muscular stress needed to grow.

Now you could keep using the same exercises and ‘change’ by using more weight/more reps each week but that only works for newbies, after a while it impacts recovery too much.

You can look at periodisation, micro cycles, mesocycles etc but I’d keep it simple and just start a new training program every 12 weeks (make sure you include less intense and more intense weeks). You don’t even have to change the actual program, just the lifts (pull sumo instead of conventional, box squat instead, change grip on rows, incline instead of flat bench etc). Basically give your body a new stimulus to force it to adapt by getting bigger and stronger