Weird question about coffee and supplements...

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello,

I have a weird question about coffee and supplements. I know some vitamins and folic acid don't get absorbed very well because of caffeine interference but in general, is it alright to take other supplements (ex. fish oil, GDAs, cissus, TUDCA, joint supplements, arginine, maca powder, collagen powder, raw cacao powder etc) with coffee or would it be better to take them with some other type of liquid?

Basically what do you guys drink when you take your supps.

Thanks!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Drink? I just chew them. You're supposed to drink something? That explains a lot of the choking and gagging...

Srs: I drink a bottle of water. Chase it with a coffee slowly sipped; almost methodical evil character from a Bond movie while watching the news at 3:30am.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
honestly the effect/interference with any of the things you listed even at the most would be so negligible that you'd never even notice.

If you're concerned, take them with water and have the coffee a few min later. Wasting any more time worrying about it will probably casue more "interference" with other bodily functions via increased stress and cortisol than every supp+caffiene combined for a week ha.

Majoring in the minors to the nth degree here

redryder

Awards
I think its a good queston. Coffee is a true dieretic. the stimulant effects, plus the the alcoloids would wash a lot of vitiamans through the system. Hey, supps can get very expenisve over time.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think its a good queston. Coffee is a true dieretic. the stimulant effects, plus the the alcoloids would wash a lot of vitiamans through the system. Hey, supps can get very expenisve over time.
if you figure supps (even vitamins) have a 5% impact (probably a GROSS overstatement) on your overall health and fitness and that most of them you only absorb/utilize a small percentage of anyways (lets be very generous and say 50%) that means that best case scenario you have a 2.5% impact on your overall goal... taking some small portion of that 2.5% away due to the potential "coffee effect" is literally wasting your time.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I put creatine in my cofee and wash down my pills w/ it in the AM. Thats just me, many may not agree...