I can’t stop eating at night !! HELP!!

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Hi all , I have to take medication before bed and it makes me super hungry , I’m
Waking up through out the night n
By the morning I’ve gone through a full box off cereal most the time ! It’s driving me crazy !

I was wondering if any off you no off any supplement or a filling food I could eat before bed to stop the need to eat In the night be much appreciated for any advice

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You gaining weight with the extra calories?

Would it be worth speaking to your doctor regarding the meds? See if its the only one available? Sounds like a side effect almost especially if you are going through a full box of cereal. I would make an appointment because if your eating that much you will pile fat in pretty quickly. Unless your crazy active and manage an energy balance.. Ie calories in vs Calories out.. Until then i would get rid of all the tempting foods in the house.. Dont starve yourself but have healthier lower calorie treats to snack on if you do waken with the hunger?

Dont let people say.. If your bulking then your fine. I hear this all the time. Be in a surplus but not by a ton of calories (Which it sounds like you are)

You could use Evomuse Defuse just until you get your appetite stabilised? Will help too much fat gain in the short term....

Sent from my SM-G920F using AnabolicMinds mobile app

Antiprosaism

Awards
Former fatty here. I’ve felt hungry since 1989. Try this protein fluff recipe: casein protein (14 grams by weight), sugar free fat free jello pudding mix (8 grams by weight), xantham gum (6 grams by weight), loads of cinnamon and pumpkin spice, and 500mL of cold water or crushed ice. Blend for 3-5 minutes and that’ll fluff up to a massive delicious snack that will keep you full. Less than 90 calories.

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I put on 2 stone while I was off training for 6 month with trap nerve now back training solid but just maintaining weight , diet perfect through out the day it’s just getting ruined at night when I binge eat !

I’ve spoken to doctors n tried differnt meds and lower dosage of each medication but still happens

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you mind if i ask what the medication is?

The protein fluff is a good call.. Very low calories for the volume. You could even make it and put it in the fridge for when you do wake up? It tastes nice also if you get a good tasting casein and also slower digesting so might help slightly.

I have personally been very overweight in the past and i myself have to control my food intake. So i feel hungry alot also. I would feel depressed being my former weight so i just persevere. If i do have a day where i want to *binge* i do.. It doesnt really make too much of an impact but if done that continuous like yourself each night.. Fat will pile on.

I take it without the meds your appetite is ok?

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Quetiapine is the medication , it is a side effect from the meds but I just can’t get it under control so frustrating whilst slugging through cardio work outs and weights just to be getting no we’re ... muscle coming on again but when covered with fat doesn’t make me happy with it how it should ... I’ll try that recipe hopefully that will help

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just had a look and yeh it is a known side. I would still talk to your doc and try to get a balance somewhere? Just explain how it is effecting you and that you are gaining weight. Which isn't healthy in itself. If your hunger is very strong though then it is very hard to just ignore it.

Best advice is try different snacks like above.. Try get some extra cardio in if you can. Also lift weights and make that extra calorie surplus into as much muscle as possible.

Best of luck and hopefully you can get it sorted

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Yeah hunger keeps me from
Getting back to sleep
Until I give in and eat , thanks for advice I’ll try all above

Low

Low

Awards
Oh yeah! Seriously, omg. That stuff is like weed!! It made me so freaking hungry!!!!! I used to take a loong time ago. You can eat tons of celery, but that casin jello thing sounded spot on!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Yeah hunger keeps me from
Getting back to sleep
Until I give in and eat , thanks for advice I’ll try all above
Abilify is in the same category as Seroquel but does not have the side effect of weight gain.

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Docs had me on aripriprazole (abliffy) before that didn’t work with me made me have none stop twitching in the legs and concentration was real bad couldn’t even watch a film with out losing interest with Borden same with any task I tried to do plus it keeps u awake sleeep pattern was all over ... told the docs all the above so they told me to take quetiapine before bed so I could sleep lol so back at square one

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Hi all , I have to take medication before bed and it makes me super hungry , I’m
By the morning I’ve gone through a full box off cereal most the time ! It’s driving me crazy !

I was wondering if any off you no off any supplement or a filling food I could eat before bed to stop the need to eat In the night be much appreciated for any advice
Will power?

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Take the medication and see for yaself mate , I try as hard as a can I’m tranqed when I wake from them makes it even harder to think straight n not give in

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Docs had me on aripriprazole (abliffy) before that didn’t work with me made me have none stop twitching in the legs and concentration was real bad couldn’t even watch a film with out losing interest with Borden same with any task I tried to do plus it keeps u awake sleeep pattern was all over ... told the docs all the above so they told me to take quetiapine before bed so I could sleep lol so back at square one
That sucks...I guess you tried geodon as well?

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Nope not heard that one , but side effects still weight gain isn’t it with that

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will power?
Its sometimes too strong for willpower.. Medication can really effect your mindset. I fully understand how he will be feeling tbh.

I personally have a big appetite and almost never feel satisfied so willpower is what keeps me as lean as i am. Have to keep training intensity up and track food intake whenever i can.. Apart from holidays. I wouldn't track on holiday. I can fix the damage when i am home.

Maybe your appetite might eventually stabilise? Have you tried different dosages to see if a lower dose can still keep you stead but also minimise the hunger? Im no doctor though so your best seeking that sort of advice from them

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
I was on 200 mg quetiapine now on 50mg didn’t help lol think it’s gna be a case off having to get locks on cupboard doors and everything away at night

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was on 200 mg quetiapine now on 50mg didn’t help lol think it’s gna be a case off having to get locks on cupboard doors and everything away at night
Is it physical hunger like your belly rumbling? Or mental hunger like your brain is just saying.... Fooooooood?

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Definitely More mental hunger, I eat even if I’m full after waking up once in the night if it wakes me
Up again I can’t sleep
Till I’ve ate again , sounds perfetic really doesn’t it but it’s just impossible not to do overwhelming feeling

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely More mental hunger, I eat even if I’m full after waking up once in the night if it wakes me
Up again I can’t sleep
Till I’ve ate again , sounds perfetic really doesn’t it but it’s just impossible not to do overwhelming feeling
Not pathetic at all.. Its just a side effect of the medication buddy.

Whats your stats like? Height weight etc and also your training split and cardio if you do it?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Its sometimes too strong for willpower.. Medication can really effect your mindset. I fully understand how he will be feeling tbh.

I personally have a big appetite and almost never feel satisfied so willpower is what keeps me as lean as i am. Have to keep training intensity up and track food intake whenever i can.. Apart from holidays. I wouldn't track on holiday. I can fix the damage when i am home.

Maybe your appetite might eventually stabilise? Have you tried different dosages to see if a lower dose can still keep you stead but also minimise the hunger? Im no doctor though so your best seeking that sort of advice from them
Bull****! You know how many meds I take from the damn va?? Mind over matter.

Where theres that will, there's gonna be that fukkin Way

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
5’9 .. 15st5lb I’ve was 13st at 11% bf 10 months ago then started work lost time for the gym cus of work n gained weight

Train two muscle parts a day with cardio on its own every other day

Now the weights on it just don’t wana go just maintain

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Nope not heard that one , but side effects still weight gain isn’t it with that
Geodon has no weight gain associated with it. Might be worth asking about.

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established

Any off them anti psychotics your taking or either the same as I’m taking , u can’t say bull**** to owt if your not taking the same thing

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established

Stop dude. Some of the medications that he’s talking about literally have diabetes as a side effect. It’s not about willpower anymore on those meds.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Stop dude. Some of the medications that he’s talking about literally have diabetes as a side effect. It’s not about willpower anymore on those meds.
My HGH can give me diabetes man. But I take the necessary precautions.

I have PTSD, MDD, Anxiety, OCD, insomnia, you name it.

I struggle just to get out of bed. I was 220 pounds from MEDS. And prediabetic from MEDS.

Try taking zoloft and never being about to think clearly or **** your girl...

Or withdraw from xanax, klonopin etc.

I changed my meds.

I did something about it. Will power

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I I've taken all those antidepressants, antipsychotics, benzos.

Abused everyday by two sheriffs, 2 tours OIF FIRST at 18. Jail, drugs, section 8.

At 24 I had enough, bought a house, and got my **** together. 3 years sober.

Will power

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
My HGH can give me diabetes man. But I take the necessary precautions.

I have PTSD, MDD, Anxiety, OCD, insomnia, you name it.

I struggle just to get out of bed. I was 220 pounds from MEDS. And prediabetic from MEDS.

Try taking zoloft and never being about to think clearly or **** your girl...

Or withdraw from xanax, klonopin etc.

I changed my meds.

I did something about it. Will power
None of the meds you mentioned have metabolic side effects like an antipsychotic. I could give you a cocktail of meds that would literally have you drooling on yourself and wishing you were dead. So it’s not always willpower. Congrats on your success, your successful benzo taper and your courageous battle against the sexual side effects of an SSRI.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I've been on cocktails of meds so strong I couldn't get out of bed or shower brush teeth eat etc. For 3 weeks. You don't know me big dog

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
None of the meds you mentioned have metabolic side effects like an antipsychotic. I could give you a cocktail of meds that would literally have you drooling on yourself and wishing you were dead. So it’s not always willpower. Congrats on your success, your successful benzo taper and your courageous battle against the sexual side effects of an SSRI.
I've been on cocktails of meds so strong I couldn't get out of bed or shower brush teeth eat etc. For 3 weeks. You don't know me big dog

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Why couldn’t you just willpower your way out of bed?

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Since I've went keto 6 month ago thats helped me and what little will power I have. And instead of snacking on crap I snack on nuts cause da fats make me feel full. Best of luck with this b/c im an over eater too.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
You have no idea what I've been through. He can get diabetes... I've been shot at, stabbed, as a boy my dad choked me gave me a concussion at 7 by throwing me into a brick wall. Made me eat my puke pulled my hair slapped my face, punched me embarrassed me.

He and his wife both sheriffs played mind games with me any boy would b lucky to get out alive.

Couldn't call the cops.

Drunk mom, suicidal sister

I watched my brothers get beat and they watched me. Saw my sister try to kill herself at least 6 times. Made it out of drugs, war, poverty, people who had me in there clutches it goes on.

I'm 27.

Will power got me here.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
You have no idea what I've been through. He can get diabetes... I've been shot at, stabbed, as a boy my dad choked me gave me a concussion at 7 by throwing me into a brick wall. Made me eat my puke pulled my hair slapped my face, punched me embarrassed me.

He and his wife both sheriffs played mind games with me any boy would b lucky to get out alive.

Couldn't call the cops.

Drunk mom, suicidal sister

I watched my brothers get beat and they watched me. Saw my sister try to kill herself at least 6 times. Made it out of drugs, war, poverty, people who had me in there clutches it goes on.

I'm 27.

Will power got me here.
It sounds like you’ve been through hell. Probably worse than pretty much anyone on this board. Im serious when I say I think it’s great you got through all of that and came out standing on the other side. That being said, since you have personal experience with a medication that kept someone as mentally tough as you basically in bed, unable to brush teeth, etc., I would think you could understand how deeply they can effect a person, and maybe offer a little more than willpower. Not that it isn’t important, but might not be the ultimate solution in all cases. Best of luck man. Glad you got through all of that.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Why couldn’t you just willpower your way out of bed?
I did lmao . I was prediabetic and extremely overweight, a drunk, and doc said my foot was dying lmao. At 22! Depressed from Iraq. So I threw the fukkin bottle and gun down, got my fat ass up, and day by fukkin day. Inch by inch. Sweat blood tears. Became sober, got my health back, got into shape.

It was the hardest thing I ever did.

But I you know, had will power

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you’ve been through hell. Probably worse than pretty much anyone on this board. Im serious when I say I think it’s great you got through all of that and came out standing on the other side. That being said, since you have personal experience with a medication that kept someone as mentally tough as you basically in bed, unable to brush teeth, etc., I would think you could understand how deeply they can effect a person, and maybe offer a little more than willpower. Not that it isn’t important, but might not be the ultimate solution in all cases. Best of luck man. Glad you got through all of that.
Ah dude. You made me feel like ****. I'm sorry. You need a support system. That's step one.

You know its ultimately up to you!

But you have this place to come to for help.

Sorry I was a total prick. But when someone thinks I haven't been through ****, or whatever. It pisses me off.

Life is will power we will help you.

Again I'M SORRY MAN MY BAD.

Maybe switch meds

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Ah dude. You made me feel like ****. I'm sorry. You need a support system. That's step one.

You know its ultimately up to you!

But you have this place to come to for help.

Sorry I was a total prick. But when someone thinks I haven't been through ****, or whatever. It pisses me off.

Life is will power we will help you.

Again I'M SORRY MAN MY BAD.

Maybe switch meds
I’m not the OP, Ryan303 is and I’m sure will appreciate it. Tks

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Then again, I was in a similar situation. The meds I was on were soo sedating I could not get out of bed for the life of me. Those meds had really bad Sides to. And I was a drunk.

So me not getting up, was like you not being able to control your hunger.

Theres no magical way. Determination, will power, discipline

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

I'm sorry for talking **** man. My bad. Read my posts

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

NOTHING, is stronger than will power.

NORHING.

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
We all c ourselves as outsider's but were more alike than we know...just regular a** human beings. ..

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Any off them anti psychotics your taking or either the same as I’m taking , u can’t say bull**** to owt if your not taking the same thing
Lol dude. I was on 6 meds at once while drinking liquor in section ate with Meth heads hanging on my porch. Why the **** does everyone think they have it the hardest?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
This is always why I talk like I have something to prove. I KNOW I've had a HARD fukkin life. I was so surprised when I made it to my 23rd bday.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
We all c ourselves as outsider's but were more alike than we know...just regular a** human beings. ..
PREACH BABY PREACH. WE ALL THINK OUR **** IS THE HARDEST.

NO.

WE ALL FUKKIN STRUGGLE

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
PREACH BABY PREACH. WE ALL THINK OUR **** IS THE HARDEST.

NO.

WE ALL FUKKIN STRUGGLE
Yes sir. As in what u can handle, I can't and what I can handle someone else can't. We just gotta b here 4 1 another. If im off da whole subject then sorry, I tend to do that. Ill start back following directions best as I know how.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Yes sir. As in what u can handle, I can't and what I can handle someone else can't. We just gotta b here 4 1 another. If im off da whole subject then sorry, I tend to do that. Ill start back following directions best as I know how.
Congratulations, you found the key to life!