Fitbit Nation

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been weighing the idea of purchasing a fitbit but can't seem to push the button. Have any of you serious lifters or fitness enthusiast purchased one and reap the benefits? Thanks for all the replies.

Antiprosaism

Awards
I like it for sleep analysis and it syncs with the MyFitnessPal app too

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I like mine. The sleep analysis is awesome. I also like mine for estimating my TDEE. The HR monitor works good until I get to sweating then it seems to be less accurate. But I'm a really sweaty guy lol

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its great for daily tracking, but really doesnt do much for weight training. Ive had mine for several years and always buy a new one when it breaks or some fancy new model comes out. I just like the tracking aspect even though it might not be as accurate as id want.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had two (both gifts) and liked them for the sleep and overall step/calorie tracking but they both broke in under 7mo without getting them wet or anything. Just sweat and daily use was too much. Would never buy another one.

For the price, you can get an Apple Watch or similar with way more functionality outside of fitness.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer the Fitbit over my Apple Watch. I miss it.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The tracking is pretty accurate and always improving. The best part is that it offers you consistent data to work off of. Is it perfect no, it’s manmade but is it pretty darn good, YES! I’ve had my Fitbit going on 4 years and swear by them.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I had two (both gifts) and liked them for the sleep and overall step/calorie tracking but they both broke in under 7mo without getting them wet or anything. Just sweat and daily use was too much. Would never buy another one.

For the price, you can get an Apple Watch or similar with way more functionality outside of fitness.
Which Fitbit was it? I had a Surge where the strap broke and they replaced it, so currently have a Surge and a Blaze (which I find much better)

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am thinking about the Alta or Charge.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Which Fitbit was it? I had a Surge where the strap broke and they replaced it, so currently have a Surge and a Blaze (which I find much better)
two surges. both screens cracked and got some type of fog behind them. I was furious and when i called CS they offered me $25 off a new one... yeah right.