P a n ic

taylor8461

taylor8461

Awards
I have gone from 238 to 222 in the span of just a few weeks, I'm not really dieting except I've implimented a bastardized form of keto and intermittent fasting. I'm supposed to be on a bulk rn.
Do I just need to eat dirty af for a few days? This is freakin me out tbh

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
if you eat keto, your glykogen storages get empty and you will loose a lot of water as well. dont worry, this is primarily no fat!

but because ive read about keto also in another thread a few seconds i ago and i still dont understand why people still do keto, i will post here the same. im really interested in the reasons why you are doing that.

why are you eating keto? if you love to eat fats and if you its easier for you to eat less carbs than less fat, okay, then go for it. but thats it. keto is not beneficial for us as bodybuilders, for someone that wants to keep his intensity during training as good as possible to keep those gains during a cut. you wont loose more fat with keto nor will you have a better performance in the gym (in regard of performance even the opposite is probably the case). i know that many guys, especially some old-schoolers recommend keto but if you check the research, it clearly sees no benefit but a few possible negatives about it.

but regardless which diet - adherence is key. without adherence you can have the best meal plan, you still wont reach for goals.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have gone from 238 to 222 in the span of just a few weeks, I'm not really dieting except I've implimented a bastardized form of keto and intermittent fasting. I'm supposed to be on a bulk rn.
Do I just need to eat dirty af for a few days? This is freakin me out tbh
I would highly suggest tracking your food if you are not.

Take a few more weeks to see,if you're still losing weight in 3 weeks increase the ammount of food.

taylor8461

taylor8461

Awards
I would highly suggest tracking your food if you are not.

Take a few more weeks to see,if you're still losing weight in 3 weeks increase the ammount of food.
Before it was enough for me to say
"ok I need to hit at least this much protein in the day."
But you're absolutely right I should have been tracking my meals. If I brought my carbs down my calories would still need to be up, and so would my fats.
I'm going to start seriously tracking my cals and make sure they're up.
Probably will stop this keto shiz until I actually do a cut.
I honestly just now thought back and looked at how I've been eating these past few weeks.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before it was enough for me to say
"ok I need to hit at least this much protein in the day."
But you're absolutely right I should have been tracking my meals. If I brought my carbs down my calories would still need to be up, and so would my fats.
I'm going to start seriously tracking my cals and make sure they're up.
Probably will stop this keto shiz until I actually do a cut.
I honestly just now thought back and looked at how I've been eating these past few weeks.
Keto/high carb/ moderate diet and all that jazz work the same. Energy deficit.

Think of your total calories as a checking account in your bank. 4000 is my personal maintenance and my paycheck for example. If I wanted to save up some money for those shiney new abs I would have to use 5th grade addition and subtraction skills to make sure that I'm only spending 3500 so that I could bank those 500 calories. New abs here I come.

Unlike a high carb approach where you add and subtract carbs, you would instead add or subtract fat on a keto style of diet. It's all up to you which is the freeing thing about fitness I guess. So, if you want to continue using fats (keto) just balance your bank account using fats :)