Nutritional advice for someone looking to change their life please

Watling

Awards
Hey guys I hope you’re all well? It’s Wednesday, It’s the peak of the week, let’s do this!!! :D

I’m Danny, I’m 28 and I live in Yorkshire in the UK. I’m here seeking nutritional advice regarding my diet please.

So long story short. I’ve been training weights for around 8 years now. I’ve never really excelled in weight training as for strength but I’ve been consistent and it’s always made me feel better about my body.
Two years ago I was in a marriage that ended very quickly. It changed my life (for the better now) and everything in it. I had to go back to living with my parents and basically start all over again.
At this time in my life I was around 119kg, I was very bulky but I was seriously over weight and unhealthy.
A couple of years later I am now sitting at 87kg. I’m a lot healthier and feel much better about myself. I dropped from a 42” waist to a 30/32” waist. I can now fit in jeans again :D
The weight dropped off me very easily. I think initially due to depression but secondly the desire to want to look good for any future relationships. I just wanted to be wanted again and who wants a fat polar bear right? 

So I’m now in the best relationship ever and everything is perfect, baring my diet…

I want to strive for that big shoulder/back look with a thin waist straight into big legs and I feel as though my diet needs to be critical for this to happen.
I have done some research on nutrition and whilst my diet isn’t the worst, it’s far from perfect. I’m going to list a general day of eating in the hopes some can help me fill in the blanks to help me make faster mass gains whilst eliminating body fat.

6:00 AM – Wake up and walk the dogs
6:30 AM – 3 x Weetabix with 250 Semi Skimmed Milk or Can of baked beams and two slices of brown bread toasted
8:00 AM – Start work
9:45-10:00 – This is my first break. I would eat 200g Chicken Breast with 150-200g of Brocolli.
12:30-13:00 – This is my dinner. I generally eat an apple, Banana and an orange.
14:45-15:00 – This is my last break. I would eat 200g Chicken Breast with 150-200g of Brocolli again.
16:30 – Finish work
17:00-17:30 – This is my tea time. I would generally have 300-500g of potatoes chips with 200g of chicken or other meat equivalents. After my team I would have some fat/sugar free jelly with some reduced fat ice cream.
20:00-21:00 – Gym time.
21:00 – I would then consume a protein shake. BSN Syntha 6 Edge.

I normally consume 3 Litres of water per day and also take creatine monohydrate first thing in the morning (5g)

This is my typical daily food intake. I’m not sure on the exact nutritional macros but I think I’m in a calorie deficit which I know won’t be helping my training.

I’m in desperate need of help and hope you guys can hopefully point me in the right direction please. Thank you for any help in advance!

Watling

Awards
Here's a few pictures of the transformation for you to have a giigle at :)

Then:

Now:

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I hope you’re all well? It’s Wednesday, It’s the peak of the week, let’s do this!!! :D

I’m Danny, I’m 28 and I live in Yorkshire in the UK. I’m here seeking nutritional advice regarding my diet please.

So long story short. I’ve been training weights for around 8 years now. I’ve never really excelled in weight training as for strength but I’ve been consistent and it’s always made me feel better about my body.
Two years ago I was in a marriage that ended very quickly. It changed my life (for the better now) and everything in it. I had to go back to living with my parents and basically start all over again.
At this time in my life I was around 119kg, I was very bulky but I was seriously over weight and unhealthy.
A couple of years later I am now sitting at 87kg. I’m a lot healthier and feel much better about myself. I dropped from a 42” waist to a 30/32” waist. I can now fit in jeans again :D
The weight dropped off me very easily. I think initially due to depression but secondly the desire to want to look good for any future relationships. I just wanted to be wanted again and who wants a fat polar bear right? 

So I’m now in the best relationship ever and everything is perfect, baring my diet…

I want to strive for that big shoulder/back look with a thin waist straight into big legs and I feel as though my diet needs to be critical for this to happen.
I have done some research on nutrition and whilst my diet isn’t the worst, it’s far from perfect. I’m going to list a general day of eating in the hopes some can help me fill in the blanks to help me make faster mass gains whilst eliminating body fat.

6:30 AM – 3 x Weetabix with 250 Semi Skimmed Milk or Can of baked beams and two slices of brown bread toasted
9:45-10:00 – This is my first break. I would eat 200g Chicken Breast with 150-200g of Brocolli.
12:30-13:00 – This is my dinner. I generally eat an apple, Banana and an orange.
14:45-15:00 – This is my last break. I would eat 200g Chicken Breast with 150-200g of Brocolli again.
17:00-17:30 – This is my tea time. I would generally have 300-500g of potatoes chips with 200g of chicken or other meat equivalents. After my team I would have some fat/sugar free jelly with some reduced fat ice cream.

I normally consume 3 Litres of water per day and also take creatine monohydrate first thing in the morning (5g)

This is my typical daily food intake. I’m not sure on the exact nutritional macros but I think I’m in a calorie deficit which I know won’t be helping my training.

I’m in desperate need of help and hope you guys can hopefully point me in the right direction please. Thank you for any help in advance!
I was gonna say... Use that breakup as motivation!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

Get angry. Get aggressive

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I feel like your dinner looks like a snack and could use some revision. Especially because of the higher protein meal. If you don’t mind what bf percentage are you at? You have def lost a good bit of weight and I applaud that effort. The journeys not done yet however. Your training if going to give you the shape your looking for, not so much the diet.

I feel it’s time to recomp and shape up the current shape your in. This is the time to really focus of lean muscle mass, sleep quality, and staying healthy. In time getting back into a calorie deficit should lead to improved fat loss and a better quality of life as now you’ve added muscle and will be continuing your fat loss journey.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Starting point is to start tracking and stop guessing on cals and macros bro.

Use myfitnesspal.

Watling

Awards
I feel like your dinner looks like a snack and could use some revision. Especially because of the higher protein meal. If you don’t mind what bf percentage are you at? You have def lost a good bit of weight and I applaud that effort. The journeys not done yet however. Your training if going to give you the shape your looking for, not so much the diet.

I feel it’s time to recomp and shape up the current shape your in. This is the time to really focus of lean muscle mass, sleep quality, and staying healthy. In time getting back into a calorie deficit should lead to improved fat loss and a better quality of life as now you’ve added muscle and will be continuing your fat loss journey.
Hi there i really appreciate the comment!

I'm not too sure what my BF% is but i do have a set of calipers on order so this should help me with that. I'm also going to start a measurement log going forward. Hard factual numbers are a better idea for me.

Other than tweaks to my diet could you recommend anything else, possibly supplementation to add to my current regime please so aid with the recomp?

Thanks again

Watling

Awards
Starting point is to start tracking and stop guessing on cals and macros bro.

Use myfitnesspal.
Thank you for the reply.

I will check this out. It would be nice to see hard number facts on a daily basis!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you for the reply.

I will check this out. It would be nice to see hard number facts on a daily basis!
Honestly bro, imo for most people this is probably the most important thing you can do.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Here's a few pictures of the transformation for you to have a giigle at :)

Then:

Now:
Brother, this is a great transformation in a couple of years. When you say you are in desperate need of help I think you are selling yourself short.

One thing in life - It isn't as important "how" you will do something as much as "why". If you have a strong enough "why" you will be compelled toward your goals and will do things to overcome challenges that other people wouldn't even consider.

Start a journal and at least spend some time really creating a clear and compelling "why" for doing this. We often have reasons but don't stop and think about them and get them clear in our heads.

Second, tracking calories and macros is such a huge part of the how. If you aren't getting stronger, and don't know what you are eating - how will you know if you are eating more or enough or how much? A food scale is your biggest tool here.

Next, create a plan for yourself. If you have a plan, you can follow it and if you don't get your result you can adjust the plan. Look up the nutrition for foods you like and draw up a meal plan. Make more than one meal that meats certain macros/calories...the more options you have figured out the more things you can create without having to start from scratch when you need to eat.

For instance, you may have a breakfast that has oats, protein powder and yoghurt and another with eggs, cheese and whatever that each meal has 350-400 calories and 45 grams of protein and whatever. Then if you don't feel like eggs one day you have a meal to switch to without screwing anything up...which is better than not wanting eggs and going with a bowl of cereal on the fly. I hope that makes sense..basically plan and create options for yourself.

Finally, how is your training? Do you see gains each workout? Are you gaining strength?