GH production and GH release

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I know that insulin inhibits he release of growth hormone. But say if I engage in heavy lifting, which stimulates GH production, whilst my insulin is above baseline, would this just mean that the GH produced as a result of the heavy lifting is simply released at a later point and whilst there's insulin it's release is inhibited?
Similarly, so a burst of GH is released in the first hour and a half of sleep. If my insulin's above baseline during this hour and a half, would this mean that the GH which would've been produced in this time is foregone or would it simply be released later, say once your insulin's back at baseline?

Thanks in advance

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it would be released at a later point.. The weight lifting will stimulate it thier and then near enough but once you finish a workout and you begin to rest then i dont think you will produce as much as during thr actual session.. Its just a guess though.

Cant you tailor your workouts in and around a fasting period ? Ie low insulin levels and no food present?

Fasting itself stimulates HGH also without adding in any form of resisting training if you can push your fasting period to around 16-20 hours. Its a very minimal benifit though? Like HGH itself you need 6 months of continue'd high HGH levels to start to see and notice changes. Every little extra helps though. Fasting has been the best addition i have ever added to my lifestyle.. Out shines any supplement i have ever took in terms of fat loss and remaining lean. Alot of arguments on it's efficiency but your not losing any ££££ if it doesn't help. Completely free. Thiers loads of good studys though which sway in more of a positive route.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Regarding GH release around a workout, that's what I think. But if insulin stunts the release of GH then would the GH created as a result of the workout be created but not released?

I'm IF atm and have been for the past year and a bit and likewise I think it's really useful. However I often need to start my workout at 18:00 or 19:00. Assuming I workout for 1h30 or 2h and start the day's eating after the workout I'd only start eating at 19:30-21:00. Squeezing in 8hours, or even 6hours, of eating after the workout means I won't get to sleep until well after midnight which can be problematic if I need to be up early the next day.
I asked about how much impact having insulin above baseline during your first 2 hours of sleep would have on your total GH production whilst sleeping because this is sometimes the case.

What time do you usually workout at and when's your feeding window?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I try squeeze my workout in on the mornings.. Then i fast till well as long as possible.. I dont really set a bang on time but its a minimum of 16 hours and i can push it as far as 23 hours.. I do the 23 hours for a couple weeks when cutting so i can sit and enjoy 2000 calories worth of food. I cant do the small meals when im cutting. Tried it and felt awful.. Bulking i will do about 16 hours.

Whats your protocol?