Elimination Diet

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried one of these? I am looking to find an outline online for one that is already broken down into meals by day to make it easy for me, but I've got no luck so far..

I've been thinking of just trying to go Vegan for 2 weeks, then add in meat, dairy, etc. to try and find what it is that is messing with me. Although, I think it is most foods cause me problems, so I'm looking into other IBS solutions.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Has anyone tried one of these? I am looking to find an outline online for one that is already broken down into meals by day to make it easy for me, but I've got no luck so far..

I've been thinking of just trying to go Vegan for 2 weeks, then add in meat, dairy, etc. to try and find what it is that is messing with me. Although, I think it is most foods cause me problems, so I'm looking into other IBS solutions.
I did somethung like this a few years ago. 24 hour water fast, then I are ground turkey and white rice 3 times a day because I knew it didn't bother me. After 2 days I subbed out turkey for steak 2 days later steak for chicken, the next week I tried a different fruit or vegie at each meal, and the week after I added milk, eggs and cheese. The week after I dropped rice for potatoes it pasta. I took notes after Each change.

I found out dairy bothers me but only when consumed in excess, learned a lot about how I digest things, found out I do much better with white rice and potatoes vs. brown and sweet potato. And so on.

I dropped alot of water and bf the first 2 weeks also. Eventually I went back to my normal diet because all the things I love the most, milk, spicy food and pasta and sauce all screw up my digestion but I'd rather suffer and enjoy my meals.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Probiotic, lots of green and black tea, fermented foods. They help my stomach alot

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Eventually I went back to my normal diet because all the things I love the most, milk, spicy food and pasta and sauce all screw up my digestion but I'd rather suffer and enjoy my meals.
I'm fairly certain this is how it is going to be for me.. Lol but it will still be interesting to see what exactly it is.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Probiotic, lots of green and black tea, fermented foods. They help my stomach alot
I still need to find a probiotic that actually helps.. most either do nothing or make me feel worse the entire time I take them.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My girl works at a Dr office and brings me samples of some high quality ones. I take a regular store brand 1 every day to eod, I take the good ones on days I eat alotta crap

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still need to find a probiotic that actually helps.. most either do nothing or make me feel worse the entire time I take them.

I just started this probiotic the other day. It taste pretty good and doesn’t make me sick at all. It does make you go to the bathroom, though.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I just started this probiotic the other day. It taste pretty good and doesn’t make me sick at all. It does make you go to the bathroom, though.
Thanks, I'll look into it. Gut Health gave me terrible stomach pains the entire 2 months I was using it.. Lol it made me skeptical to try others as it is supposed to be great for everyone.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I'll look into it. Gut Health gave me terrible stomach pains the entire 2 months I was using it.. Lol it made me skeptical to try others as it is supposed to be great for everyone.
Ahhh, that’s not good. I got this one at the Grocery Outlet for $10. It tastes like those flavored water drops.

bernice

Awards
I did some strict diet a few years ago. 24 hour water fast, then I are ground turkey and white rice 3 times a day because I knew it didn't bother me. After 2 days I subbed out turkey for steak 2 days later steak for chicken, the next week I tried a different fruit or veggie at each meal, and the week after I added milk, eggs and cheese. The week after I dropped rice for potatoes it pasta. I took notes after Each change.

I found out dairy bothers me but only when consumed in excess, learned a lot about how I digest things, found out I do much better with white rice and potatoes vs. brown and sweet potato. And so on.

I dropped a lot of water and bf the first 2 weeks also. Eventually I went back to my normal diet because all the things I love the most, milk, spicy food and pasta and sauce all screw up my digestion but I'd rather suffer and enjoy my meals.
Nice crash diet to lose weight quickly. How much did you lose by following the above diet?
I would be happy if you could respond.