Explain to me why 9 out of 10 people do not care about being fit or how fit you are?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Ive noticed that in most parts of the United States, most people do not care about being fit, nor do they care how fit another person is. I was reading an article recently about how women in general do not care if a man is fit. Many of them prefer a man to have something called a DAD Bod cause they feel that these men are more marriage material or commitment material? They also say they prefer it cause it makes them feel more comfortable in their own skin. Explain that one to me please?

Now if you go to places such as California in the beach communities, people care more about eating right and being fit. There are more establishments that serve healthy meals as well. But say you are in Chicago, most people don't give a ****. Many people are actually against a person being too fit which I am having a very hard time understanding why. Common comments will be "You need to eat! You are way too lean" and so forth. People in Italian families or who hang out with people from that ethnic background will get looked down upon it seems if they don't have some bodyfat to them. When was it bad that a person is lean and cut? Healty food restaurants? **** that the entire city is overdone with pizza places and burger joints that serve foods such as Italian Beefs and hot dogs.

When did America become a place to accept such a thing? If you notice that if a person who is fit walks in a room or public place in the United States, many times they will get looked at like they are some alien life form. I've seen it, I've experienced it and I'm sure many of you have. Its as if people can't believe what they are seeing.

Your thoughts?

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
I mean why would you care, it’s about being happy not being fit. Do what you want and do what you please, if being fit or unfit is what makes you happy than do what makes you happy. Life isn’t about doing what other want you to do it’s about doing what you want to do or be like.

Hack75

Hack75

Awards
I’ve always been told “Misery loves company”

Being fit is challenging. It’s hard. No doubt about it. People don’t like to work hard.

I think they sort of resent it the way people resent wealthy people.

I’ve also always been told “people are creatures of comfort”. Being fit is an uncomfortable lifestyle. Again, a reason to resent someone who chooses it.

The Dad bod fad is just people being insecure with themselves. Biologically humans are programmed to like the fit look.

Laxarcher13

Laxarcher13

Awards
I have family in California. I’ve always asked myself the same thing. I’ve gotta follow this

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People care about themselves its that simple. People are programmed by society to do like everyone they put themselves around does. I prefer being "weird" and going against the grain. Many,times they dont even choose, who stays and goes in their life, and ive been guilty of this to some degree; although if a person causes me too much stress, takes a smile off my face, bye-bye. When people are out partying on the weekends constantly, going out to eat all the time, like 10 x's a week, whether fast food or at a nice restaurant, make 65,000, and living a 150,000 dollar lifestyle and wonder why they dont have any money, and after going out on a night on town mention, I didnt have that money to spend. A nice body is something people like to look at and admire, fgor most though its a mere wish, and not willing to do what takes.

Ive found people admire what I do, clean diet, dedicated training, and living this lifestyle for the most part regularly. That's not to say in the offseason Ill go off my diet or even not eat at all for a very very brief period.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
If you notice that if a person who is fit walks in a room or public place in the United States, many times they will get looked at like they are some alien life form. I've seen it, I've experienced it and I'm sure many of you have. Its as if people can't believe what they are seeing.
This made me laugh, I think its those big a** arms, and the fact that you are 6'5" that make people look at you like an alien. They might be afraid you are going to kick their a**.

But for real, I think a lot of people are embarrassed by people who live a healthy lifestyle. Majority have the desire to do it, but not the will power. Its like being the guy at the party that wont drink over-and-over, it brings shame to other even if you don't intend for it to happen. The outcome can often become ambivalence.

Ase_james

Awards
Lazy people want to be fit, but they dont want to do anything about it.
So they make themselves feel better by saying the fit people are nuts or whatever.

Also to the point of women preferring out of shape men, i personally think it has to do with society being against the testosterone in men... Its been building for so long, its almost an instinct to classify a big strong man as a "bad guy"
Its friggen sad.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you enjoy life? You’re a superficial, hyper critical dude. Man, stop analyzing everything and thinking in absolutes you’re annoying with all these threads.

Ase_james

Awards
Do you enjoy life? You’re a superficial, hyper critical dude. Man, stop analyzing everything and thinking in absolutes you’re annoying with all these threads.
Right... is he allowed no opinion?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I enjoy my life and enjoy to be healthy. Just ran to Kroger to get my lunch consisting of skinless chicken breast and basmati rice. Then after that had to stop at Wendy's because I was nice enough to take orders from the rest of the crew in the office and its what they wanted. I do not eat like them, but we all get along. My question was an honest question so take it for what it is.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Biologically humans are programmed to like the fit look.
Ummm-your evidence for this is what exactly?

You are just flat wrong-yes, humans have an evolutionary tendency to favor “fitness”, but that is tautological: of course humans find attractive mates that will be able to bear and/or protect children that are born (I.e. fitness).

Where you err is in the fact that our current concepts of “fitness”: washboard abs, single digit body fat, large amounts of muscle mass, etc. are blatantly NOT fit from a survival perspective.

Your current paragon of fitness would not be sustainable without protein powder and processed foods (let alone PED’s) and would surely not last long in the wild.

End of the day, why all of the drama about other people’s standards for their bodies. Last I checked, it literally has zero impact on your happiness or sense of self worth. Unless you get off on judging people, and that is another issue

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I still think most women are bimbo's who would rather be the trophy that the man can show off instead of having a trophy husband. This is why they prefer men with DAD Bods. They don't want the competition! These types are insecure as it is and do not want someone to say "Man your husband is fit, when are you gonna start going to the gym with him?" Or have to feel that their husband can run off with another woman at any given time if he chooses.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right... is he allowed no opinion?
NPC has repeatedly called women bimbos and all sorts of other derogatory words that showed up as ****. Hell, he’s doing it again in this very thread. Sure, he’s entitled to “speak his mind,” but we’re entitled to speak ours and say that he’s being a douche.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still think most women are bimbo's who would rather be the trophy that the man can show off instead of having a trophy husband. This is why they prefer men with DAD Bods. They don't want the competition! These types are insecure as it is and do not want someone to say "Man your husband is fit, when are you gonna start going to the gym with him?" Or have to feel that their husband can run off with another woman at any given time if he chooses.
I wouldn’t say that, all things equal, most women actually prefer a “dad bod.” By this I mean if they could magically flip a switch and have their BF/husband/etc suddenly have a very fit, muscular body (however developed they like, maybe just a Hugh Jackman look, or maybe the Rock, Zane, Arnold, etc),without any effort required or any change to their personality, I’d wager most women would do it.

If you think most women are bimbos, it comes as no surprise that this is what you find.

Here’s a parable for you, with any luck it’ll change your perspective on women, and people in general:

“A traveler came upon an old farmer hoeing in his field beside the road. Eager to rest his feet, the wanderer hailed the countryman, who seemed happy enough to straighten his back and talk for a moment.
"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another question.

"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not a one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels."

"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town.

Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way, and the farmer returned to his work.

Some time later another stranger, coming from the same direction, hailed the farmer, and they stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.

"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.

"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them."

"Fear not," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town.””

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, Nope, Nope. Not getting into another one of these.

Ase_james

Awards
NPC has repeatedly called women bimbos and all sorts of other derogatory words that showed up as ****. Hell, he’s doing it again in this very thread. Sure, he’s entitled to “speak his mind,” but we’re entitled to speak ours and say that he’s being a douche.
I see, i didnt know that...
Just reading this it didnt seem like a rough or unfair perspective.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ive noticed that in most parts of the United States, most people do not care about being fit, nor do they care how fit another person is. I was reading an article recently about how women in general do not care if a man is fit. Many of them prefer a man to have something called a DAD Bod cause they feel that these men are more marriage material or commitment material? They also say they prefer it cause it makes them feel more comfortable in their own skin. Explain that one to me please?

Now if you go to places such as California in the beach communities, people care more about eating right and being fit. There are more establishments that serve healthy meals as well. But say you are in Chicago, most people don't give a ****. Many people are actually against a person being too fit which I am having a very hard time understanding why. Common comments will be "You need to eat! You are way too lean" and so forth. People in Italian families or who hang out with people from that ethnic background will get looked down upon it seems if they don't have some bodyfat to them. When was it bad that a person is lean and cut? Healty food restaurants? **** that the entire city is overdone with pizza places and burger joints that serve foods such as Italian Beefs and hot dogs.

When did America become a place to accept such a thing? If you notice that if a person who is fit walks in a room or public place in the United States, many times they will get looked at like they are some alien life form. I've seen it, I've experienced it and I'm sure many of you have. Its as if people can't believe what they are seeing.

Your thoughts?
my thoughts, after reading several of your posts is this...I think you enjoying stirring things up, I'm not sure if you even believe a lot of the dribble you post.

my advice...find a hobby where you interact with people face to face.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chicago represent!! We eat well in Chicago because we make a lot more money and have better restaurants.

Jk, but to talk **** about Chicago vs California is stupid. One is the best city in the world and the other is a state full of liberal snowflakes who can't figure out what bathroom they should tinkle in.. Go face to face and talk like that on the south or west side of Chi lmao.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Chicago represent!! We eat well in Chicago because we make a lot more money and have better restaurants.

Jk, but to talk **** about Chicago vs California is stupid. One is the best city in the world and the other is a state full of liberal snowflakes who can't figure out what bathroom they should tinkle in.. Go face to face and talk like that on the south or west side of Chi lmao.
lot safer to talk shyt on the internet, lol.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you fcking serious?! I had two jobs while finishing school and heading to law school next year. And I still found the time to fit in this fcuking thing you’re obsessed about. You’re that a**hole who got kicked off a year and a half ago but somehow you managed to creep back on here. You didn’t get it then and you still don’t get it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you fcking serious?! I had two jobs while finishing school and heading to law school next year. And I still found the time to fit in this fcuking thing you’re obsessed about. You’re that a**hole who got kicked off a year and a half ago but somehow you managed to creep back on here. You didn’t get it then and you still don’t get it.
congrats on law school!!!!

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Play nice or stay out of the conversation. I never attacked you personally so why are you so defensive? You need to mind your own business this has nothing to do with you.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ohhhhh I remember you! Please go away again! I did NOT miss your crap!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you still fat?
Does your ass ever get jealous of the sh** that comes out of your mouth?

Look, I understand you’re upset about getting fired from your job at the sperm bank for drinking on the job, but that doesn’t mean you have to take it out on everyone around you.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Like the old saying goes, California is like a bowl of granola; if it ain’t a fruit or a flake, it’s a nut.

I kid, I kid. There are plenty of good people in California, and they certainly don’t have a monopoly on crazy people either. They do have some wacky political ideas and laws though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Like the old saying goes, California is like a bowl of granola; if it ain’t a fruit or a flake, it’s a nut.

I kid, I kid. There are plenty of good people in California, and they certainly don’t have a monopoly on crazy people either. They do have some wacky political ideas and laws though.
probably has something to do with the governor they keep electing....

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Play nice or stay out of the conversation. I never attacked you personally so why are you so defensive? You need to mind your own business this has nothing to do with you.
Are you upset that a woman said this to you? Based on comments you've made in your other threads, I can't imagine that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

And it's surprising that somebody who was already banned once ends up doing the exact same thing again.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you upset that a woman said this to you? Based on comments you've made in your other threads, I can't imagine that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

And it's surprising that somebody who was already banned once ends up doing the exact same thing again.
sure sign of an idiot---keep repeating the same action hoping for a different outcome.:22:

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally have found that people do NOT give 2 ****s about how fit you are. They aren’t thinking about how hard you train nor do they care. Most people really aren’t impressed by someone who is fit. Sure you might get a passing compliment. Lol a passing compliment for hours and hours and hours of hard work. A passing compliment or two for something you consider to be a lifestyle isn’t saying much. I stay fit for me. No one gives a rats ass how lean I am or how much muscle I have and believe me they don’t give a rats ass about any of you either lmao. People are self absorbed, selfish and have a self serving bias. I feel that many lifters have an inflated sense of self and self serving bias. You put in work so you think others see your hard work. They might see it but they don’t care. They aren’t mesmerized by you lol. Self serving bias is a defense mechanism that protects your ego and self esteem from reality. I really couldn’t care less if someone else lifts or works out. Do what makes you happy.

P.S. WHY DO PEOPLE WHO HATE NPC’s POSTS CONTINUE TO READ AND COMMENT ON THEM? SAME PEOPLE CONTINUALLY COMMENTING ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE HIS POSTS ARE. ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE WOULD SAY THAT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT! LOL

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
P.S. WHY DO PEOPLE WHO HATE NPC’s POSTS CONTINUE TO READ AND COMMENT ON THEM? SAME PEOPLE CONTINUALLY COMMENTING ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE HIS POSTS ARE. ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE WOULD SAY THAT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT! LOL
You are 100% correct. I tell myself this every time I see one. My Dad was fond of the old saying "Never argue with an idiot. People watching won't be able to tell the difference."

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
This is the most retarded thing I’ve ever read. After i got jacked i got the most smoking hot girl on the block, girls don’t like dad bods. They like men who have goals and motivation to do what they want. Not ****s like you that judge every guy they look at. They would just date a girl if they wanted a over analyzing bitch like yourself

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally have found that people do NOT give 2 ****s about how fit you are. They aren’t thinking about how hard you train nor do they care. Most people really aren’t impressed by someone who is fit. Sure you might get a passing compliment. Lol a passing compliment for hours and hours and hours of hard work. A passing compliment or two for something you consider to be a lifestyle isn’t saying much. I stay fit for me. No one gives a rats ass how lean I am or how much muscle I have and believe me they don’t give a rats ass about any of you either lmao. People are self absorbed, selfish and have a self serving bias. I feel that many lifters have an inflated sense of self and self serving bias. You put in work so you think others see your hard work. They might see it but they don’t care. They aren’t mesmerized by you lol. Self serving bias is a defense mechanism that protects your ego and self esteem from reality. I really couldn’t care less if someone else lifts or works out. Do what makes you happy.

Because it’s entertaining; it’s just so easy to love to hate his threads, just don’t actually get angry or upset about it. I’d like to think that I can call out his BS without actually getting worked up or upset; it’s actually pretty amusing IMO. Also, I do think that his posts can be pretty derogatory and judgmental for no reason, and I don’t think it’s a good look to have multiple threads like that keep popping up every few days, we don’t want people who are new(er) to the forums thinking that it’s representative of the forum. Just my $0.02 of course.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Your thoughts?
Do you care about anything other than how fit a lady is? Is there anything else about people that you care about?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bimbos isn't a fair descriptive. To an extent this is a gender difference. The fact that historically (particularly 1000s and 1000000s of years ago) women and their children are significantly more likely to make it through a pregnancy and the ensuing years if there's a man around who's dedicated to them. To be fair, hunting and gathering whilst pregnant would be bloody hard. I'd struggle, you'd struggle. To be fair, if you had to raise a kid on your own, you'd wish there were someone i'd wish there were someone to help me raise the child, so would you. X years ago if a father didn't stick around, the mother'd be forced to raise the child on her own.
Men make more of an effort appeasing and looking after their lady if they feel lucky to have them. They're also more likely to stick around. Humans are shallow, so looks play an important part.
Therefore, men who are noticeably less attractive than their lady are more likely to be dedicated to their lady.

Not gonna lie, being made to feel extra special is nice.

And plus, if a girl knew how people like you feel about out-of-shape people and wasn't leaner than you, it would reason that she's scared of being thought of as a fat, lazy, piece of s*** with no ambition. It'd be hypocritical for a dude with a dad bod to think that way about a girl and so if a dude has a dad bod, it's less likely they'd think that about a girl.
It's not nice being labelled as a fat, lazy, piece of s*** with no ambition, especially if you're going out with the person, so it reasons girls may like folks with dad bods simply because they're less likely to think the way you do

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
That is shockingly true and I’ve experienced this first person. I’m italian and dated a US girl last year, when I went there she always felt bad about her skin compared to me, and kinda felt threatened that I cared about other stuff rather than just focusing on her 100%. Obviously it didn’t last long...

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
That is shockingly true and I’ve experienced this first person. I’m italian and dated a US girl last year, when I went there she always felt bad about her skin compared to me, and kinda felt threatened that I cared about other stuff rather than just focusing on her 100%. Obviously it didn’t last long...
I understand completely.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
CompeteNPC - you have not been banned again YET. However, if you continue to be derogatory towards other members you're outta here again. That's not how AM operates. If you want to treat other members like crap, there's plenty of other forums that allow that kind of stuff.

That being said - everyone else: he's entitled to an opinion just like you are, and disagreeing is fine as long as everything is in good taste.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
CompeteNPC - you have not been banned again YET. However, if you continue to be derogatory towards other members you're outta here again. That's not how AM operates. If you want to treat other members like crap, there's plenty of other forums that allow that kind of stuff.

That being said - everyone else: he's entitled to an opinion just like you are, and disagreeing is fine as long as everything is in good taste.
I agree..the entertainment value of this guys threads/posts is priceless!!!

can't wait to see what kind of nonsense he comes up with next, lol.