Who here has in laws that are fat and out of shape?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Who here has in laws that are fat and out of shape?

Man I'll tell ya, it drives me crazy. I avoid my in laws most of the year but I do have to see them on holidays and special occasions such as birthdays for some members and so forth. I act civil and do my best to be the better person and treat them nice. But ****, they are so out of shape and not into fitness whatsoever. They are clueless when it comes to proper diet and just don't get it. Some are just lazy AF when it comes to working out. My brother in law's personality drastically changed when he gained weight and became morbidly obese. He used to be much more social and dressed better when he was not fat, but ever since he became fat his sense of fashion is non existent and his personality is like talking to a brick wall. He also is a hermit who just sits on his couch when he is home and drinks cases of beer playing video games. The guy is 40 years old! I could see a 16 year old doing that but a 40 year old? What a joke.

Anyway anyone here have any fat in laws who make you want to throw up when you look at them?

2. Lol
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com
    •   

3. If my son in law were as judgmental as you are, I would avoid him at all costs.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

4. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    If my son in law were as judgmental as you are, I would avoid him at all costs.
    What is there to be judgemental about if a person takes care of themselves and their weight gain is not self inflicted? **** I mean have some respect. People treat their bodies like **** and accept being a fat ****ing slob. "Hey mirror on the wall, look I'm the biggest fat ass of them all. I like being fat so now I'm gonna go grab another beer and order a pizza instead of going to the gym. See you tomorrow!"

5. Iím the only one In my family or extended family in shape. But I donít think of them any differently, they r who they r. If they want to make a change Iíd help them as I could but they donít and while I know itís not healthy for them who am I to judge them. My best friends 400 lbs at 5 ft 6 and Iíve asked him to workout tons of times, so should I not be friends with him anymore? We are who we are.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    I’m the only one In my family or extended family in shape. But I don’t think of them any differently, they r who they r. If they want to make a change I’d help them as I could but they don’t and while I know it’s not healthy for them who am I to judge them. My best friends 400 lbs at 5 ft 6 and I’ve asked him to workout tons of times, so should I not be friends with him anymore? We are who we are.
    No you can be friends with people of all shapes and sizes. Everyone has the right to associate with anyone they want to. I just choose to only associate with people who I have stuff in common with. Being a unsocial hermit and playing video games is not the type of person Im going to really want to hang out with.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    Iím the only one In my family or extended family in shape. But I donít think of them any differently, they r who they r. If they want to make a change Iíd help them as I could but they donít and while I know itís not healthy for them who am I to judge them. My best friends 400 lbs at 5 ft 6 and Iíve asked him to workout tons of times, so should I not be friends with him anymore? We are who we are.
    No you can be friends with people of all shapes and sizes. Everyone has the right to associate with anyone they want to. I just choose to only associate with people who I have stuff in common with. Being a unsocial hermit and playing video games is not the type of person Im going to really want to hang out with.

8. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    And thatís youíre prerogative. Itís fine bc I know this guy, met him in the gym. He used to get arrested all the time just by being around ppl he grew up with. Eventually he had to make a decision and that was leave Chicago and for some reason he chose buffalo but he changed the type of ppl he was around and is much better off for it. And also to your point about choice. If ppl are not supportive of your passions then perhaps they arenít ppl u want to be around either.

I do have to laugh though just a smidgen, bc my 400 lb buddy is 44 and all he does is sit around and play video games too. He suffers from severe depression though but still I wonder if thereís a correlation between obesity and video game play

9. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    And that’s you’re prerogative. It’s fine bc I know this guy, met him in the gym. He used to get arrested all the time just by being around ppl he grew up with. Eventually he had to make a decision and that was leave Chicago and for some reason he chose buffalo but he changed the type of ppl he was around and is much better off for it. And also to your point about choice. If ppl are not supportive of your passions then perhaps they aren’t ppl u want to be around either.

I do have to laugh though just a smidgen, bc my 400 lb buddy is 44 and all he does is sit around and play video games too. He suffers from severe depression though but still I wonder if there’s a correlation between obesity and video game play
    Its not even the weight that bothers me about my brother in law, its the way he presents himself with no confidence. His body language represents how unhappy he is with himself. But I can't blame anyone but him because he is the one that caused himself to be that way through his lifestyle choices. For some reason he continues to live his life this way knowing he is gaining more weight and destroying himself. No respect at all for himself therefor no respect from me. The fat tub of ****.

10. Maybe your bro in law has developed low T & just needs a friendly boost

11. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Its not even the weight that bothers me about my brother in law, its the way he presents himself with no confidence. His body language represents how unhappy he is with himself. But I can't blame anyone but him because he is the one that caused himself to be that way through his lifestyle choices. For some reason he continues to live his life this way knowing he is gaining more weight and destroying himself. No respect at all for himself therefor no respect from me. The fat tub of ****.
    I obviously donít know your bro in law but if I was one way when u first knew him and then he just started changing for the worse up to where he is now he may be suffering from depression. Low self confidence/esteem, lack of social connection, introverted mannerisms etc all all symptoms of depression. Perhaps there was a trigger that happened that youíre unaware of, loss of job, financial tragedy, loss of loved one, or even a traumatic event that one would not consider couldíve happened. Perhaps if you talked to your sister or wife whoever heís related to privately and see if anything may have happened to trigger the change. Prob not going to change him, but at least if thereís a problem youíd at least gain some understanding to the underlying causes and who knows from that perhaps thereíd be some little things that you or others could do to nudge him back towards the path of reclaiming what heís given up. Anyhow just my completely non professional armchair psychologist at work

12. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    I obviously don’t know your bro in law but if I was one way when u first knew him and then he just started changing for the worse up to where he is now he may be suffering from depression. Low self confidence/esteem, lack of social connection, introverted mannerisms etc all all symptoms of depression. Perhaps there was a trigger that happened that you’re unaware of, loss of job, financial tragedy, loss of loved one, or even a traumatic event that one would not consider could’ve happened. Perhaps if you talked to your sister or wife whoever he’s related to privately and see if anything may have happened to trigger the change. Prob not going to change him, but at least if there’s a problem you’d at least gain some understanding to the underlying causes and who knows from that perhaps there’d be some little things that you or others could do to nudge him back towards the path of reclaiming what he’s given up. Anyhow just my completely non professional armchair psychologist at work
    All he has to do is start going to the gym and he will gain confidence back. I think he's just a lazy fat **** who wants people to feel sorry his sorry ass. He is an alcoholic btw.

13. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    All he has to do is start going to the gym and he will gain confidence back. I think he's just a lazy fat **** who wants people to feel sorry his sorry ass. He is an alcoholic btw.
    Another sign of depression is alcohol abuse. But yeah heíll definitely get confidence by lifting, just being active

14. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    He also is a hermit who just sits on his couch when he is home and drinks cases of beer playing video games. The guy is 40 years old! I could see a 16 year old doing that but a 40 year old? What a joke.
    Lol I'm 40. Nothing wrong with videos games and beer But I prefer MJ.

15. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Duck me, there’s more compassion in my Christmas baubles than you sunshine.

You think deep down your in laws want to be fat? That they want to look like they do? Odds are they don’t, odds are that after a lifetime/longtime of obesity that journey to Fitness and good health seems like an impossible challenge.

Rather than just assume you know why they act as they do why don’t you try talking to them with some empathy and see if it’s something they want to change, I can tell your natural instinct will be to try and fat shame them into action btw - don’t be a dick and do that, that’ll just make them think your a bigger c unt than they already think you are.

Try asking them about their health and how they are feeling. Offer to support them if they want to make changes but tell them it needs to come from them, if they want to do it then break it down into basic steps and help them realise it’s possible.

Totally agree you can choose who you associate with btw, just don’t make that decision because you think you know their mindset (you don’t)

And get this, you might even find that being genuinely nice and helpful to your fellow man feels good (for you being like that probably feels like the same impossible journey facing your brother in law but trust me brother you can do it).

Why did I waste my time on you with this post........4 years ago I was obese (140lbs overweight), used to wear the cheapest clothes that would fit (you know why is fatties do this - it’s because we don’t see the point spending good money on expensive clothes when people like you will just see a fat bastard anyway) and a full blown alcoholic.

Fast forward 4 years

I’ve been sober 5 and a half years, I’m a qualified PT, I’m in better shape than most people in any room I walk into and I finally feel good about myself. Took me 32 years of my life to get the point where I could make the changes I needed and I had for friends support me every step of the way.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I’ve been sober 5 and a half years
    Congrats on being 5.5 yrs sober!! Pretty ironic username though! lol

I also agree, depression and stress plays a big part in people being overweight and how they eat. People don't tend to choose it. I've known several people heavily into fitness who've fallen off over the years and back to their old ways, and I know that their life stress is primarily to blame.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    Congrats on being 5.5 yrs sober!! Pretty ironic username though! lol
    Lol, yeah it’s always been my online user name and is because that was my drink of choice. Guess now it just serves as a reminder of a place I never want to go back to.

Thanks brother

18. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Duck me, there’s more compassion in my Christmas baubles than you sunshine.

You think deep down your in laws want to be fat? That they want to look like they do? Odds are they don’t, odds are that after a lifetime/longtime of obesity that journey to Fitness and good health seems like an impossible challenge.

Rather than just assume you know why they act as they do why don’t you try talking to them with some empathy and see if it’s something they want to change, I can tell your natural instinct will be to try and fat shame them into action btw - don’t be a dick and do that, that’ll just make them think your a bigger c unt than they already think you are.

Try asking them about their health and how they are feeling. Offer to support them if they want to make changes but tell them it needs to come from them, if they want to do it then break it down into basic steps and help them realise it’s possible.

Totally agree you can choose who you associate with btw, just don’t make that decision because you think you know their mindset (you don’t)

And get this, you might even find that being genuinely nice and helpful to your fellow man feels good (for you being like that probably feels like the same impossible journey facing your brother in law but trust me brother you can do it).

Why did I waste my time on you with this post........4 years ago I was obese (140lbs overweight), used to wear the cheapest clothes that would fit (you know why is fatties do this - it’s because we don’t see the point spending good money on expensive clothes when people like you will just see a fat bastard anyway) and a full blown alcoholic.

Fast forward 4 years

I’ve been sober 5 and a half years, I’m a qualified PT, I’m in better shape than most people in any room I walk into and I finally feel good about myself. Took me 32 years of my life to get the point where I could make the changes I needed and I had for friends support me every step of the way.
    This^^^^. Or op can just continue being a judgmental douche towards anyone who is different. If you're going to continually point out others flaws and shame them into trying to be more like you, maybe you should work on your people skills. Have you ever volunteered to help someone less fortunate? Maybe try inviting your Brother in law to the gym. Use some of your knowledge and try to better his life. Or maybe just not start a thread on an online forum pointing out what a fat lazy sack of **** he is. Baby steps.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

19. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    This^^^^. Or op can just continue being a judgmental douche towards anyone who is different. If you're going to continually point out others flaws and shame them into trying to be more like you, maybe you should work on your people skills. Have you ever volunteered to help someone less fortunate? Maybe try inviting your Brother in law to the gym. Use some of your knowledge and try to better his life. Or maybe just not start a thread on an online forum pointing out what a fat lazy sack of **** he is. Baby steps.
    I don't have any sympathy when a person destroys themselves and is content with it.

He does nothing to improve his personal well being nor his health. He has two children on top of it and chooses to play video games and drink beer. Is he a good father? Good hearted yes, but setting a good example of what kind of man a person should be he is not. His kids will get a little older and I can't wait till they ask him why he is so fat. I will then explain to them cause he's a fat ****ing slob who has mental issues and can't lift worth ****. This makes me so ****ing mad, fawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! FAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKK! FAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    I don't have any sympathy when a person destroys themselves and is content with it.

He does nothing to improve his personal well being nor his health. He has two children on top of it and chooses to play video games and drink beer. Is he a good father? Good hearted yes, but setting a good example of what kind of man a person should be he is not. His kids will get a little older and I can't wait till they ask him why he is so fat. I will then explain to them cause he's a fat ****ing slob who has mental issues and can't lift worth ****. This makes me so ****ing mad, fawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! FAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKK! FAWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Honestly brother I feel like you have a lot of hatred built up inside you. Do you feel like that?

Drop me a pm anytime if you’d like to try and change, to become a happier person. Always happy to talk my friend

21. Many obese people want to get I shape. None want to be the obese guy at the gym. Offer to help and be his personal trainer of sorts. Get some dumbells he can use at home. Go for walks, talk about lowering calories whilst still eating the stuff he likes. Ease him in. I obviously don't know what type of lifter you are but if you drag him to the gym with your mates, show him how you can bench 4 plates then tell him he needs to cut out all crap from his diet and eat chicken and rice he will never lift a weight again in his life.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Honestly brother I feel like you have a lot of hatred built up inside you. Do you feel like that?

Drop me a pm anytime if you’d like to try and change, to become a happier person. Always happy to talk my friend
    lol Im ****ing around but hey it does piss me off a little bit. My post was not literally supposed to be taken seriously with the cussing.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Wobmarvel View Post
    Many obese people want to get I shape. None want to be the obese guy at the gym. Offer to help and be his personal trainer of sorts. Get some dumbells he can use at home. Go for walks, talk about lowering calories whilst still eating the stuff he likes. Ease him in. I obviously don't know what type of lifter you are but if you drag him to the gym with your mates, show him how you can bench 4 plates then tell him he needs to cut out all crap from his diet and eat chicken and rice he will never lift a weight again in his life.
    Lets be honest, most obese people are that way because they hate physical activity. They are not comfortable doing it. Being Sedentary is their preference and it is a reflection on their lifestyle they live. As they get older that choice and preference causes them to gain weight. Many don't notice it being a problem till they develop high blood pressure and become morbidly obese. By then for many they just end up accepting it as the way they are supposed to be. They probably say things like "Oh well this is the way I was created, and Its just something I have to accept." Its very rare for a person to change themselves and their lifestyle especially the older they get. That is why people who are older than you are always said "Do it now when you are younger cause as you get older it becomes more difficult."

24. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    lol Im ****ing around but hey it does piss me off a little bit. My post was not literally supposed to be taken seriously with the cussing.
    I wasn’t just basing it on that post bro, it’s an open offer. If you realise you have issues and would like some help drop me a message anytime

25. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Lets be honest, most obese people are that way because they hate physical activity. They are not comfortable doing it. Being Sedentary is their preference and it is a reflection on their lifestyle they live. As they get older that choice and preference causes them to gain weight. Many don't notice it being a problem till they develop high blood pressure and become morbidly obese. By then for many they just end up accepting it as the way they are supposed to be. They probably say things like "Oh well this is the way I was created, and Its just something I have to accept." Its very rare for a person to change themselves and their lifestyle especially the older they get. That is why people who are older than you are always said "Do it now when you are younger cause as you get older it becomes more difficult."
    Your clearly the wrong person for the job.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who here has telephobia?
    By bigrobbierob in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
  2. Who here has tried Arimatest?
    By Maxwell600 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
  3. Who here has quit smoking?
    By Caferacer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 03:25 PM
  4. Who here has used Atomic Meltdown on their face?
    By lbarber in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
  5. Who here has takes steroids and grown afterwards?
    By jaydesiel4651 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 10:02 AM