Food Intolerances SUCKKKKK!!!!!

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I've been feeling like death for the past 6 weeks: awful workouts, always feeling out of breath, stomach pains, overall flu-like symptoms, even going to groceries was a huge task...I've even experienced arrhythmia episodes, done medical visits etc etc.

I've tried replacing supplements, avoiding them, changing things...to then discover I am completely intolerant to the egg whites I put in my pancake every morning. Seriously, egg whites?

Not only that, but also milk and milk derivates (anything with lactose) makes me feel like sh*t, and I can't take peanut/almond butter cause they give me the same bloated/out of breath feeling. Don't even get me started on chocolate or caffeine, or oats, quinoa...

Am I cursed or what? Everything that I start eating regularly, I develop an intolerance to. Really getting tired of this...it's like my stomach is not made for bodybuilding. Anybody with similar experiences?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How did you determine you have these insensitivities? Blood testing?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
How did you determine you have these insensitivities? Blood testing?
Because as soon as I stopped taking them I felt much better, and in the very rare cases I happen to eat/drink these, **** happens again. Also had an allergy/intolerance test which pointed out dairy, yeast and nickel as my main issues

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because as soon as I stopped taking them I felt much better, and in the very rare cases I happen to eat/drink these, **** happens again. Also had an allergy/intolerance test which pointed out dairy, yeast and nickel as my main issues
Sounds like proof enough to me in this case. There are several protein sources available though. Look into digestive enzymes. White rice is a good choice for easily digestible carbs and has very little if any protein content therefore is much less likely to have an allergy associated with it. Oddly enough egg yolks may be something to look at.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I have so many problems from wheat and gluten. Truth is there are always alternatives to get your nutrients. Surely you aren’t allergic to chicken breast? 2 of those a day and that’s 100g protein :)

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I have so many problems from wheat and gluten. Truth is there are always alternatives to get your nutrients. Surely you aren’t allergic to chicken breast? 2 of those a day and that’s 100g protein :)
Luckily I eat tons of chicken every day and it’s as smooth as it gets on my stomach :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like proof enough to me in this case. There are several protein sources available though. Look into digestive enzymes. White rice is a good choice for easily digestible carbs and has very little if any protein content therefore is much less likely to have an allergy associated with it. Oddly enough egg yolks may be something to look at.
I love chicken breasts, ground turkey, eggs, and white rice. All cheap, you can make a lot at one time, and they go well together, just have some sauces and spices to keep things interesting.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Dudes can you suggest me any low glycemic carb sources that are also low in fiber? I also notice I have a hard time with oats, quinoa, whole wheat breads, which are all high in fiber I guess.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Dudes can you suggest me any low glycemic carb sources that are also low in fiber? I also notice I have a hard time with oats, quinoa, whole wheat breads, which are all high in fiber I guess.
sounds gluten related to me have you completely cut out gluten for 2 weeks before to see how you feel? It made a world of difference for me

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
sounds gluten related to me have you completely cut out gluten for 2 weeks before to see how you feel? It made a world of difference for me
I eat gluten free oats and plenty of pasta...pasta gives me zero issues.

Also quinoa is gluten free and gives me plenty of stomach pain as well

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I eat gluten free oats and plenty of pasta...pasta gives me zero issues.

Also quinoa is gluten free and gives me plenty of stomach pain as well
Ok so you’ve tried COMPLETELY no gluten...not just less gluten?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Ok so you’ve tried COMPLETELY no gluten...not just less gluten?
I’m not allergic to gluten, that I am 100% sure. I also did a test in which it resulted that gluten gives me zero out of 5 regarding inflammation

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread has my curiosity up as I’ve been trying to nail down my issues. There are different food insensitivity tests -igG and igE. Which testing did you use? What company? What was the cost?

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
This thread has my curiosity up as I’ve been trying to nail down my issues. There are different food insensitivity tests -igG and igE. Which testing did you use? What company? What was the cost?
I live in Italy, we have a specific test called "Recaller" which measures the level of inflammation certain foods give you.

That being said, I do believe while I'm not allergic to gluten, I am very sensitive to fibers. I can eat Ezekiel bread but can't eat their other bread, more rich in fiber, called 7 Sprouted Grains.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I forgot....coconut oil gives me diarrhea -_- at least not stomach issues though. I think most MCTs give me this effect. Overall way too many foods give me issues, it's a real struggle