List alcohols that do not convert to sugar in the body.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Vodka has to be the most popular choice among bodybuilders for a reason. No carbs, no sugar. Therefore it cannot convert to sugar in the body and store fat. MIO has become a popular choice to use for added flavor that has no calories nor sugar. Now if you mix it with soda or juice, then yes different story. Only thing it gives you is one nasty hangover if you drink too much of it and can **** up your workouts the next day for example and do damage to protein synthesis. Since the body is now breaking down the alcohol in your system instead of improving recovery.

Whiskey on the rocks is another popular choice when many in the fitness industry treat themselves to a drink.

What other ones are there? What is your drink of choice when and if you enjoy a cocktail here and there?

I love dry red Wine with a good steak once in a while. Cabernet or Shiraz.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vodka has to be the most popular choice among bodybuilders for a reason. No carbs, no sugar. Therefore it cannot convert to sugar in the body and store fat. MIO has become a popular choice to use for added flavor that has no calories nor sugar. Now if you mix it with soda or juice, then yes different story. Only thing it gives you is one nasty hangover if you drink too much of it and can **** up your workouts the next day for example and do damage to protein synthesis. Since the body is now breaking down the alcohol in your system instead of improving recovery.

Whiskey on the rocks is another popular choice when many in the fitness industry treat themselves to a drink.

What other ones are there? What is your drink of choice when and if you enjoy a cocktail here and there?

I love dry red Wine with a good steak once in a while. Cabernet or Shiraz.
All alcohol will give you a nasty hangover if you drink too much of it haha. I actually recall reading some studies that found vodka actually lead to less severe hangovers than other alcoholic drinks, with equal total alcohol content consumed of course. Congeners and whatnot.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
All alcohol will give you a nasty hangover if you drink too much of it haha. I actually recall reading some studies that found vodka actually lead to less severe hangovers than other alcoholic drinks, with equal total alcohol content consumed of course. Congeners and whatnot.
I'm sure a couple good quality vodka's on the rocks with say a MIO in the flavor of your choice for mixing does pretty much no harm to the body. Now a full bottle of vodka different story.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure a couple good quality vodka's on the rocks with say a MIO in the flavor of your choice for mixing does pretty much no harm to the body. Now a full bottle of vodka different story.
Sensitive stomach here, potato vodka is a solid choice for me, and pretty affordable too. I also like rum, but I think vodka is a “healthier” choice if we’re being technical. Honestly, I drink in such moderation that I’m not concerned about vodka vs rum, I just like the taste of them both and drinks with them. Moderate alcohol consumption actually has a few legitimate health benefits! It’s like Buddha said, practice the middle way haha. The dose makes the poison.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Sensitive stomach here, potato vodka is a solid choice for me, and pretty affordable too. I also like rum, but I think vodka is a “healthier” choice if we’re being technical. Honestly, I drink in such moderation that I’m not concerned about vodka vs rum, I just like the taste of them both and drinks with them. Moderate alcohol consumption actually has a few legitimate health benefits! It’s like Buddha said, practice the middle way haha. The dose makes the poison.
If I am to choose a drink a few times a year its Rum or Vodka definitely. Not a beer drinker at all.

DonutGains89

DonutGains89

Awards
Me personally I'm from Michigan and I am surrounded by awesome breweries. So I love my craft beers, now they are not the bodybuilder friendly watch your figure beers haha they are heavy mass amounts of flavor and a good amount of carbs, but what the hell I like to enjoy them when I can. But other drinks light beer I drink coors light its like 100 cals per can and 4g of carbs I think per can. Liquor wise I love tequila with lime on the rocks. I also mix tequila with the Powerade zeros and a lime or lemon for some extra flavor, or I use crystal light also has wide variety of flavor to add. Also bourbon or whiskey on the rocks also some of my faves. everything in moderation is my key. Got to enjoy life!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I live in Northern Indiana and make many of voyages to Michigan for craft beer. Honestly, ill take drinking good beer over 6 pack abs any day. I just enjoy good beer too much and dont really care if I have abs so it kind of works out lol. I do tend to drink whiskey when I go for liquor. My one buddy who is in good shape drinks gin and tonics with lemon/lime. Im not a huge gin fan but they arent bad. So, I guess my answer to your thread topic and recommendation would be gin.

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards
Good thing I have stopped drinking alcohol after living the corporate world.