Post Workout meal - Rice/Chicken, Oats/Whey or Rice/Whey

ch2000

Awards
Hey guys.

Just have a question about what would be a better post workout meal? I'm going for a lean bulk.

1. I workout 1-1½ hour after my breakfast which are:
2 eggs, 80g oats, 40g whey

Workout with 10g bcaa shake

2. Post workout meal about 20-30 minutes after.
WhiteRice/Chicken, Oats/Whey or WhiteRice/Whey. What would be better? Banana/Oats/Whey etc?

3.-4. Meal 3 and 4 are Chicken/Rice bowls with Chicken, some Vegetables, White Rice and flaxseed oil

5. My bedtime meal are: 2 eggs and 40g whey

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me personally i would go with the Eggs.. Oats and Whey.. Out of those choices.. Carbs.. Fats.. Protein. Ideal. Your body is primed after a workout though so have what you enjoy. I choose that as thats more of the foods i would enjoy.

Lean bulking? It's all about daily calories/macros in my opinion so have what suits your lifestyle.

What is your plan.. Ie stats and calorie intake per day?

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
Should be having jasmine rice and chicken before workout, then have shake immediately after workout then another jasmine rice and chicken meal immediately after that. All the rest of your food doesn’t matter what order you have it in, just do those two meals before and after are necessary

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
But that doesn’t sound like too much of a bulk, your breakfast should be at least 7 egg WHITES, and almond butter somewhere in here. Doesn’t sound like you have your macros counted out appropriately to be honest

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
And the 40g of whey 2 times and a shake after workout is way too much shakes, you’re getting empty calories. Reevaluate diet completely

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But that doesn’t sound like too much of a bulk, your breakfast should be at least 7 egg WHITES, and almond butter somewhere in here. Doesn’t sound like you have your macros counted out appropriately to be honest
He might space the rest of his calories/macros out over the day? Its daily intake of food that leads to recovery/muscle growth if ofcourse hea in a slight surplus

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
He might space the rest of his calories/macros out over the day? Its daily intake of food that leads to recovery/muscle growth if ofcourse hea in a slight surplus
If he’s only eating 4 eggs and their whole eggs only his diet is not right already. 4 whole eggs alone is nothing. I’m eating 7 egg whites and 4 whole on a cut.

Recognize

Recognize

Awards
I see no red meats, no fats, it’s not balanced. It looks like a diet based on how much protein I can dump into me without calories and it do nothing for me diet

ch2000

Awards
My current planned lean bulk meal plan:

- 1. Breakfast:
40g whey
14g flaxseed oil
1 egg
80g oats

- 1-1½ hour later. Workout for 45-60 minutes with 10g BCAA

- 2. Post workout meal:
40g whey
80g oats

- 3. 3 hours later Meal 3
125g chicken
150g vegetables
80g white rice

- Go to work for 9 hours. (Luggage handler) Many heavy lifts.

- 4. Meal 4 after 3-4 hours at work:
125g chicken
150g vegetables
80g white rice

- Meal 5: After work and before bed:
2 eggs
40g whey
14g flaxseed oil

Total: 207g protein, 252g carbs, 69g fat, 2450 calories.
(must say i gain fat and weight very easy).
I'm 175cm height, 70kg

a584b690fd120485615a0b6b3fd2ff17.png

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You gain fat on 2500 calories? That should be about maintenance calories for you. Do you incorporate any form od cardio? If your slowly gaining weight though then thats what matters

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You look in good shape also buddy.. Good on you ?

ch2000

Awards
Thanks man (y).. Nope i don't do much cardio.. I do maybe 10-15 minutes of HIIT one day per week.. I should do more and wish a program for this.
I have a very physical work as luggage handler with many many heavy lifts and walking around 10km pr 9 hou shift.

I gain weight very easy when i increase my calories.. Currently cutting at 1800-9000 pr day.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One post workout meal would not be better than another. Just make sure you are getting your protein and carbs in. The sources will not make a difference. If you have pre made chicken a rice and can heat it up, great. If you want to cook it and do not mind waiting, great. I personally like overnight oatmeal post workout because of my schedule. I can "make" a week's worth in a short period of time and when I get home from work and the gym, I can take it right out of the fridge and chow down.

Just use foods and a meal that fits your schedule. That's what it comes down to.

ch2000

Awards
Went to a clean bulk 2 weeks ago (after my second clen cycle).. Only 2600 calories a day, but still gained 3kg weight. hmm..