Around 50 BPM - Heart rate at rest

1. Around 50 BPM - Heart rate at rest

What does this indicate to? Having this low of a heart rate when just chilling around at home.

2. Just means you're very active marathon runners have 45-55 bpm I do a lot of cardio and lifting and still I'm only down to 56 bpm
    •   

3. That you're either in exceptional shape, or have a slow HR haha.

Mine sits at 60ish when just relaxing so you're not too far off. The better shape you're in, the more likely it is that your RHR is pretty low since your heart is extremely efficient
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

4. Nice! I've always had a great cardio. I used to go for runs all the time, and have always done sports up until bodybuilding. I used to do 10km runs and stuff! When I take Mesomorph though, it goes up to around 105 haha! Crazy. Does it mean I burn more fat when I use it?

5. Heart health. The heart is a muscle and the stronger it is, the less it needs to pump to circulate your blood. Google can tell you a lot more than I can though
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Firreozkan View Post
    Nice! I've always had a great cardio. I used to go for runs all the time, and have always done sports up until bodybuilding. I used to do 10km runs and stuff! When I take Mesomorph though, it goes up to around 105 haha! Crazy. Does it mean I burn more fat when I use it?
    I'd say so, nothing substantial though, your metabolism would be higher if your heart rate is higher, your cardiovascular system would have to work harder

7. Thanks!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Firreozkan View Post
    Thanks!
    Np man, it's great that your heart rate is that low though, you must be in great shape and have a strong heart!👍

9. just got an EKG and my resting heart rate was at 43 and tested on multiple machines with the same result......my mom freaked lol.

10. Yeah definitely nothing to worry about. Anytime Iíve truly been at rest(like in the hospital) mine drops into the 30ís- sets off all the monitors and everything! Haha
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

11. As others have said - this is often actually a sign of good health. I think Lance Armstrong had a resting HR of around 35 beats per minute when he was cycling.

There are some health issues that could cause a slower heart rate though - such as being hypothyroid or electrolyte imbalances or drug use. If this isn't a recent change, I would not worry.
  12. Administrator

People that have been dieting for a long time often get this as well.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

13. You are in some pretty good cardiovascular shape. Certain people have high or low rest heart rates naturally too.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Resting Heart Rate and Steroids
    By Jpwithey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 05:11 AM
  2. supplements to lower high resting heart rate?
    By relica in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 01:38 PM
  3. High resting Heart Rate
    By oogaly_boogal in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
  4. 90% Heart rate at jogging??..is it Hi intensity
    By BoyFromAus in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM
  5. Resting Heart Rate and Cardio?