Anniversary is Saturday. Red Wine during contest prep allowed?

  1. Anniversary is Saturday. Red Wine during contest prep allowed?


    So my one year wedding anniversary is Saturday and I am 6 weeks out from my first show.

    Goals for the first show are to come in good condition and use the show as experience. So I was wondering, how detrimental would it be to enjoy a couple glasses of red wine with my wife when we go out for our one year anniversary dinner? Yes its my high carb day so Im going to go out and enjoy my one year anniversary. Its amazing we have made it a year considering all the bull**** she has had to put up with mood wise when it comes to my contest prep. If I don't win the show who gives a **** cause marriage to me is more important than an amateur bodybuilding contest. I am not a pro and this show does not make or break my living since I don't do it for a living. I know most guys dont' drink during prep but this event is more important to me at this time. Since my training and diet has been strict as **** I don't think a couple glasses of red wine is really gonna make that bit of a difference.

    Thoughts?


  2. I don't know how detrimental it is personally, but your wife probably deserves a good night where everything isn't so dang anal lol. Plus sounds like you are coming in well, so maybe dial back cals the next day or subtract the alcohol cals from your fat macro for day. Can't remember exact conversion rate (something *9 / something haha.. No help)
    Current Workout Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/296714-mr-supps-keto.html
    •   
       


  3. one day makes literally ZERO difference this far out. you've got 204958249892 meals to get back on trakc between now and then. This is a ridiculous question.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    So my one year wedding anniversary is Saturday and I am 6 weeks out from my first show.

    Goals for the first show are to come in good condition and use the show as experience. So I was wondering, how detrimental would it be to enjoy a couple glasses of red wine with my wife when we go out for our one year anniversary dinner? Yes its my high carb day so Im going to go out and enjoy my one year anniversary. Its amazing we have made it a year considering all the bull**** she has had to put up with mood wise when it comes to my contest prep. If I don't win the show who gives a **** cause marriage to me is more important than an amateur bodybuilding contest. I am not a pro and this show does not make or break my living since I don't do it for a living. I know most guys dont' drink during prep but this event is more important to me at this time. Since my training and diet has been strict as **** I don't think a couple glasses of red wine is really gonna make that bit of a difference.

    Thoughts?
    Yes, having a few glasses of wine 6 weeks out from a show should be perfectly fine. I'd recommend keeping it only to a few glasses and not going crazy, but infrequent (one-off/acute) consumption of a moderate (the key word) amount of alcohol more than a month out from an amateur contest should be completely fine. Regular consumption of alcohol paired with anabolics (I have no idea if you are taking any or not) is not a good idea at all though. That said, if you are asking only about a few glasses of wine (and can keep it to that moderate amount) one time 6 weeks out from a competition, I say it's fine. Don't forget to live and enjoy life.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yes, having a few glasses of wine 6 weeks out from a show should be perfectly fine. I'd recommend keeping it only to a few glasses and not going crazy, but infrequent (one-off/acute) consumption of a moderate (the key word) amount of alcohol more than a month out from an amateur contest should be completely fine. Regular consumption of alcohol paired with anabolics (I have no idea if you are taking any or not) is not a good idea at all though. That said, if you are asking only about a few glasses of wine (and can keep it to that moderate amount) one time 6 weeks out from a competition, I say it's fine. Don't forget to live and enjoy life.
    Yes I am not on gear and its only gonna be a few glasses at the most. My wife is the love of my life and I felt that since I'm 6 weeks out it really shouldn't be that big of a deal especially at the amateur level. I am competing in novice on top of it which is the lowest level of my division which is mens physique.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Yes I am not on gear and its only gonna be a few glasses at the most. My wife is the love of my life and I felt that since I'm 6 weeks out it really shouldn't be that big of a deal especially at the amateur level. I am competing in novice on top of it which is the lowest level of my division which is mens physique.
    Then I say go for it, enjoy the time with her and don't even worry about it. Honestly, not stressing and being able to be happy and enjoy life will probably help you more in the scheme of things than not having a few glasses of wine will.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Then I say go for it, enjoy the time with her and don't even worry about it. Honestly, not stressing and being able to be happy and enjoy life will probably help you more in the scheme of things than not having a few glasses of wine will.
    I will take your advice and we are gonna enjoy some dessert as well. Tiramasu or Bananas Foster

  8. Btw today I told my coach I am not entering my show till May or June of 2018. So looks like I can enjoy my 1 year anniversary now without any second thoughts. Competing can wait.

  9. If a few glasses of wine 1 night only was going to make or break a show then the person probably wasn't going to be on point in the first place. Go enjoy yourself and have fun
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bikini pros eat 1200 cals during contest prep. Wtf?
    By LovingtoLift in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-24-2016, 08:25 PM
  2. Anadrol during contest prep ?
    By liftallday123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2015, 08:49 AM
  3. PowerChews during Contest Prep
    By Milas in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 03:05 PM
  4. CEL"S PCT is Helping Me For Contest Prep (Sponsored)
    By Aaelael in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
  5. Scientists find clue to why red wine is healthy
    By Oswizle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Log in
Log in