Do you count your macros on your days you have cheats?

  1. Do you count your macros on your days you have cheats?


    So I decided a while back to not enter anything on my one day a week where I eat tons of carbs. What would happen to me when I did was I would get pissed at myself even though I knew that deep down it was productive to eat lots of carbs and have a re-feed. I am very OCD about my macros so on this one day It would bother me that my numbers were much higher than the other 6 days of the week where I keep my carbs and fats lower. I felt guilty on this one day and it was leading to me feeling like I had an eating disorder which is not good for a mental standpoint. These carb up days are supposed to be enjoyable, not bring negative energy upon yourself. I remember when I was younger and I never ever counted macros and still worked out and stayed lean. Don't get me wrong I didn't eat like **** everyday but there were days where if I got a certain craving for a burger or whatever I never gave it a second thought and just would get in my car and go enjoy it. Why I would get mad at myself for wanting to eat a couple pumpkin spice cookies or Ben N Jerry's Ice Cream for example as I have gotten older once a week? Thats not very fair to do to myself in my honest opinion. So I just put an end to counting macros on this day and just eating my meals till I felt full. The one thing I do on these days is work out twice. Once in the morning and once in the evening. I also make sure to get a good cardio session in as well. The following day its back to about 50 grams or less of carbs for the next 6 days.

    Have any of you refused to count macros on your days that you enjoy some cheating?


  2. I do just to make sure it doesn't get out of had lol
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by hambone2493 View Post
    I do just to make sure it doesn't get out of had lol
    Same

  4. I don't but I have an idea of what I'm eating and I know what works lol so I guess it's mainly figuring out what work for you I basically have a big cheat meal on Wednesday and another on the weekend.... I used to stress out over taking in extra calories and my abs start to disappear for a couple of days but they come right back after two days when you ha e worked all of the carbs out and water is gone.... but no I don't count the calories but I don't go over board with the cheat meals either

  5. If you are eating 50 grams of carbs or less for the other 6 days of the week just enjoy that one day to the fullest and don't let it affect you mentally, if you are only eating 50 per day you are totally fine and have nothing to worry about bro. As far as me personally if it's a full chest day I don't bother tracking, If it's one cheat meal I do add it to my daily macros.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Swindler View Post
    I don't but I have an idea of what I'm eating and I know what works lol so I guess it's mainly figuring out what work for you I basically have a big cheat meal on Wednesday and another on the weekend.... I used to stress out over taking in extra calories and my abs start to disappear for a couple of days but they come right back after two days when you ha e worked all of the carbs out and water is gone.... but no I don't count the calories but I don't go over board with the cheat meals either
    Thats exactly what would happen to me. Nice abs then after those extra carbs abs go away but then back again in a couple days. I started driving me wife nuts saying "Do you think I will be ok?" every time I would have a high carb day. She would want to throw a ****ing dish at my face because everytime I did this I was back to normal in a couple days. This sport is such a mental battle you just gotta realize that if you can do things such as eat a bunch of carbs and say your abs go away, but then come back a couple days later, that all the negative thoughts are your imagination.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by ScottishGainz View Post
    If you are eating 50 grams of carbs or less for the other 6 days of the week just enjoy that one day to the fullest and don't let it affect you mentally, if you are only eating 50 per day you are totally fine and have nothing to worry about bro. As far as me personally if it's a full chest day I don't bother tracking, If it's one cheat meal I do add it to my daily macros.
    Yeah man my carb day is an all day event. Just had some good tacos with bacon, chorizo, and ground beef for lunch! lol And yes My carbs are set very low 6 days a week plus I do 5 hours of cardio per week as well along with weight training.

  8. Well then you will be more than ok bro, I wouldn't stress over it at all😎

  9. Yeah I'm I the same situation. Used took t cheat days but felt so **** I've stopped but try and keep them in moderation. But I found it really drove me to burn it off

  10. Quote Originally Posted by ScottishGainz View Post
    Well then you will be more than ok bro, I wouldn't stress over it at all��
    Yeah and just because its high carb day I'll still be at the gym tonight to do my hour of cardio on the stepmill. I did legs this morning with my coach. I'm extremely active with my workouts currently. Only thing that sucks is that since my carbs are set so low my body soaks all of them up on high carb day and I hold water weight for 2-3 days.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Yeah and just because its high carb day I'll still be at the gym tonight to do my hour of cardio on the stepmill. I did legs this morning with my coach. I'm extremely active with my workouts currently. Only thing that sucks is that since my carbs are set so low my body soaks all of them up on high carb day and I hold water weight for 2-3 days.
    The fact that your body is absorbing/assimilating the carbs is great for growth and muscle maintaining but I understand the water weight factor. Personally I'm trying to nail down my maintenance calorie daily total and finding it's a bit higher than I ever thought. I work at a gym 5 days a week, train intense 5 days a week and mix in cardio 2-3 days a week. Averaging 3100 cals atm and still slightly losing weight, of course playing with fat/carb totals on on or off days. Protein is around 1 gram per lb if body weight as I'm only on sarms atm, when I'm back on actual gear I'll jump into a real surplus with increased protein.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by ScottishGainz View Post
    The fact that your body is absorbing/assimilating the carbs is great for growth and muscle maintaining but I understand the water weight factor. Personally I'm trying to nail down my maintenance calorie daily total and finding it's a bit higher than I ever thought. I work at a gym 5 days a week, train intense 5 days a week and mix in cardio 2-3 days a week. Averaging 3100 cals atm and still slightly losing weight, of course playing with fat/carb totals on on or off days. Protein is around 1 gram per lb if body weight as I'm only on sarms atm, when I'm back on actual gear I'll jump into a real surplus with increased protein.
    Ive learned that moderation is key on days with cheats. Nothing wrong with them but for example if you are gonna have a couple cookies, keep it to a couple cookies, then move onto the next type of food you want to enjoy that day. For example I brought in cookies from the bakery earlier this week for the office. I did not have any that day while everyone else was enjoying them. I then saved the ones that were not left and put them in the fridge. Today I realized there was one left, so I then finally enjoyed one for myself. A homemade snickerdoodle. Point of the matter is, Binge eating is the enemy. That does not mean you can't sample a couple cookies and some ice cream on the same day though. Just stick to a little of each and everything should be fine.

    Too bad we can't train together, you sound like a great guy to learn from and have as a training partner. Good luck with your goals and I know you will achieve them.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    Yeah man my carb day is an all day event. Just had some good tacos with bacon, chorizo, and ground beef for lunch! lol And yes My carbs are set very low 6 days a week plus I do 5 hours of cardio per week as well along with weight training.
    this sounds more like a cheat/ keto high fat day than a "carb up" lol

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Pinggolfee96 View Post
    this sounds more like a cheat/ keto high fat day than a "carb up" lol
    Not really cause you have to add in the corn tortillas, the stone ground whole wheat fig bars, ezekiel cereal and My cookies by Pro Supps. But I do see where you are coming from
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Do you count sugar alcohols in your carb intake?
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 09:45 PM
  2. HOW do I specify the FLAVOR on your site??
    By Whacked in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 06:41 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 03:44 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 09:43 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Log in
Log in