Help me calculate TDEE / BMR

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I'm at a loss. Primarily because I work 40 hours a week on my feet, not nexesarilly very active but I will lift here and there, stock things, etc.

I weigh 183 right now at 5'9", and lift heavy 5-6 days a week with very few cardio. I'd like to lean bulk and I take TRT but I simply cannot decide my bmr? From what I've seen 3000 is a little on the low end but 3500 is pretty much kept me at the same weight, however I am on 1-ad 330mg for a few more weeks so I just cannot figure out what the deal is. I think I am leaning out EVER so slowly as I've dropped calories from 4500 a day to 3500 for the past few weeks. Should I stick with 3500?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
If your weight is static and you are leaning out at 3500 kcals you could stick with that (recomp) but if you want to lean bulk then I would add 125 to 250 kcals per day

APC80

APC80

Awards
Everyone's different you'll just have to see what works for you. Sounds like you need to eat more if you wanna bulk, with lean bulking it may take a month or two to get your calories perfected it's a bit of a tedious process, very hard to pull off, most people just end up spinning their wheels and getting nowhere. Trying to only put on 2-4lbs a month isn't easy the margins are very fine.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Everyone's different you'll just have to see what works for you. Sounds like you need to eat more if you wanna bulk, with lean bulking it may take a month or two to get your calories perfected it's a bit of a tedious process, very hard to pull off, most people just end up spinning their wheels and getting nowhere. Trying to only put on 2-4lbs a month isn't easy the margins are very fine.
I figure I might as wel eat more and maybe gain some fat then I can just slowly cut it overtime without losing much muscle.

APC80

APC80

Awards
I figure I might as wel eat more and maybe gain some fat then I can just slowly cut it overtime without losing much muscle.
I've tried lean bulking then got impatient and just bulked. Trying to judge 150-200 cals over maintenance isn't easy. Problem is you spend all that time counting and perfecting cals then something comes up, you get slack for a few weeks and put fat on anyway. Unless you're 100% committed and don't deviate from your diet at all it's pointless imo.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've tried counting calories several times and I find that it doesn't make a huge difference, probably because unless you do the same thing every day your needs change. Find what you "think" your baseline is and adjust accordingly to the scale, mirror, waist size. This is by no means a right answer, just has worked for me in the past