took 3 weeks off... ate garbage food... looked ripped and hard.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I've got to say it may sound stupid to some, but I feel the exact same way as OP. When I take time off from the gym and diet, I look more cut, been this way for years.

2. Quote Originally Posted by puffybegone View Post
    That is me in a nutshell!!! if I eat clean and lift it makes me bloated, unable to sleep properly... or up all night pissing.... weak erections... tired but wired.. I look like s hit man flu like symptoms etc.... but if I dirty bulk I have no issues... the more trashy the food the better I feel but only eating at maintenance or a surplus.. if I'm cutting it is better than eating clean but my body needs those extra cals to lower cortisol as you have pointed out any tips for me apart from forever bulking would love to finally rid myself of this belly and hips!.
    Poor sleep can suggest that you would benefit from upping carbs particularly 3-5 hours before bed as it boosts serotonin and hence melatonin, taking tryptophan before bed, or a zzzs supplement. The poor erections can be sign that you'd benefit from upping fats (no wonder eating dirty seems to work lol), particularly saturated ones, a zma, and destressing.
    Estrogen and cortisol supplements have a mixed rep but personally I sometimes take an erase e to dry out for something. So to not mess with my hormones too much I only take them sparsely when 'needed'. Note tho, allegedly whilst on them your sex drive and libido may be a little suppressed. In the grand scheme of things it's not bad compared to the suppression caused by other things
    Hope his helps
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by u_e_s_i View Post
    Poor sleep can suggest that you would benefit from upping carbs particularly 3-5 hours before bed as it boosts serotonin and hence melatonin, taking tryptophan before bed, or a zzzs supplement. The poor erections can be sign that you'd benefit from upping fats (no wonder eating dirty seems to work lol), particularly saturated ones, a zma, and destressing.
    Estrogen and cortisol supplements have a mixed rep but personally I sometimes take an erase e to dry out for something. So to not mess with my hormones too much I only take them sparsely when 'needed'. Note tho, allegedly whilst on them your sex drive and libido may be a little suppressed. In the grand scheme of things it's not bad compared to the suppression caused by other things
    Hope his helps
    A big indicator something is off to me is the three main following things happen...

I usually workout about 7 at night....i do admit to training very hard when im in the gym i always leave sweating and probably do a lot of sets...

When i get back home from the gym i look great lean...healthy... no water retention or puffy nipple as i've sweat it out i guess......

I'll make my protein shake with banana and my dinner usually something like wholegrain pasta,veg,chicken breasts with a little chili sauce for flavour......

Then as the night goes on before bed i will start to bloat up all over no definition at all .....if my gf is staying i will not be able to get an erection and my left nipple will begin to blow up... the pressure behind my left nipple when it's puffy is like that of a water balloon at full capacity.......

Then go to bed and if i get a good sleep i guarantee i will still be up during the night at least 3 times pissing.......

When i wake the bloating...puffy nipple.... and erection issue will begin to improve... not back to normal but not as bad as the night before...

If i continued to stay clear of the gym all these issues will have returned to normal by the 4/5th night off.........

But as i go to the gym every second night my body never gets the chance to return to normal unless i take a week or two off for a holiday like i mentioned in my OP

I've tried also taking my vits after lifting to help keep the cortisol/estrogen imbalance post workout..... 1500mg of vit c with zinc and omega fish oil.

4. Could it be an allergic reaction? Do you drink protein shakes when you don't train?

5. Quote Originally Posted by APC80 View Post
    Could it be an allergic reaction? Do you drink protein shakes when you don't train?
    Not routinely i will have one some days, but even the days weeks i don't touch them.... waiting for my next order i still get the same issues.

The more and more i think about it i'm convinced it Cortisol related leading to high estrogen, or possibly adrenal fatigue as when i was first diagnosed with the prolactinoma years ago.... one of my symptoms was adrenal insufficiency and was put on hydrocortisone to kick start my own adrenal function... however i have been on off the hydrocortisone for a few years as i was told my adrenals were fully functioning,..... but maybe they are only fully functional when i'm not putting the heavy stress of weightlifting on them

Another reason i think it might be adrenal is in the last few weeks i have taken up coffee drinking and have found it seems to make me feel a lot better before and after the gym.... the bloating decreases after a few cups as does the puffy nipple and i feel a lot better on it, i would prefer to find another alternative as i know too much caffeine must be doing a number on my body long term.... but for now downing a few coffee's seems to reduce the bloating and puffy nipple... and that's without even urinating... so it's not like im just releasing all the excess water it must shift it or something .

Also i don't know if this is any help.... the days im lifting( not including the pump in the gym/and for an hour after) my muscles are very for a better word soft and not very firm...... i constantly look fat n soft until i take a few days off and binge on crap... and not at a surplus i still stick to the cut i just eat trash and seem to lean out and muscles firm up

i'll just keep trying different things it's just frustrating as the amount of time i spend in the gym and how strictly i eat doesn't show on the surface... i constantly battle with this severe bloating and sensitive nipples situation... double chin one day.... chiselled the next... etc.
    •   

6. It's a strange one mate definitely something's off in your body. Wouldn't worry about a few cups of coffee a day it's when it goes over that to 5,6 or 7 you can run into issues. If you're scared of becoming an addicted to caffeine just take a day or two off it every now and again but can't see a couple of coffees a day being a problem.

7. Try not taking protein shakes. Or find a vegan protein. I notice too whey protein bloats me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Took 3 weeks off of cardio
    By TheB3asT in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 01:55 AM
  2. Took two weeks off....
    By Big Pun in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 01:39 AM
  3. The so-called "2 weeks off" they recommend
    By Chuck in forum Training Forum