query

1. query

Hello. I have some doubts to ask and I'll be glad if you could answer them.

I'm 6"2, 170LB, 100% ectomorph, 18 years old, bodyfat is somehow 13%. I have been training strictly for almost 2 months, I also trained for the previous year(i didnt know anything about nutrition and training, basically went 1 day a week to training without even eating well). Anyways, I am aiming to get 200LB with 10-11% bodyfat naturally. Will this be possible to achieve in the next 3-4 years ?

My training is fine, I only work on isolations, 5-6 times a week. My diet is a littble bit shaky, it's generally like this: (For rice I eat like 500grams a day.)
    -Meal 1(4 eggs, rice)
    -Meal 2(rice, 100g chicken)
    -Meal 3 (rice, fruits)
    -Meal 4 post-workout(Protein shake)
    -Meal 5 (nearly 300g chicken)
    -Meal 6 (Rice + creatine)

Thoughts ? Will I be able to make it? What to do in order to hit my goal ?

2. What do u mean u only work on isolations 5-6 times a week? It looks like you could use more protein and you should be doing something like starting strength or stronglifts since you can still benefit from newbie gains. At 6'2" hitting 200 lbs should be cake, the 10-11%bf will take some work though. What do your lifts look like?
    •   

3. query

Your training isn't fine if you're only doing isolation exercises especially as a beginner. You'll never hit 200lbs at 10%bf unless you hit the big compound movements. Isolation exercises are fine for shaping the muscle but you need to have muscle to shape first.

As said above stronglifts 5x5 or starting strength are where you should start.

4. Quote Originally Posted by APC80 View Post
    Your training isn't fine if you're only doing isolation exercises especially as a beginner. You'll never hit 200lbs at 10%bf unless you hit the big compound movements.
    Agreed 100%. Getting to 200lbs at 6'-2" shouldn't be too much of a challenge if you're eating enough, BUT being 200lbs @ 10% body fat is a different story. If you're currently 170 @ 13%, you're carrying roughly 148lbs of lean mass. To be 200lbs @ 10%, you'll need to be carrying 180lbs of lean tissue, which is a 32lb increase in lean mass from where you are currently.

Gaining 30+ pounds of muscle will take years of hard work. Even if you decide to use anabolics, gaining a lean 30lbs will take time. It isn't an impossible goal, but I would focus on setting some smaller goals along the journey to keep you in check and to keep you motivated.

For example, I've been training consistently for about 5-6 years and I'm currently 6'-2". I weight 190lbs and I'm in the 10-12% body fat range. Getting to 200lbs for me is a walk in the park, but I'm definitely not 10% when my weight gets up that high. It's a slow process and a long journey. You'll certainly need to begin adding in some compound lifts and focus on overall strength though - isolation movements won't cut it if you're looking to get to this size.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stim X query
    By matthams in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 11:27 AM
  2. AX/ALRI Retain query
    By milwood in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 01:49 PM