Cutting weight and alcohol

Sloth Hogan

Awards
I have been fasting and doing low carb. Like 80 carbs a day. Mostly around my workouts. I have been cutting. Lost 15 lbs in a month. What do I need to eat, if anything, after a night of drinking? Should I eat? Or keep fasting? Most mornings I don't eat till 8 or 9. I go-to work at 5 and work on a fasted tummy. I know the food will release insulin which will blunt the cortisol which is very good. I mention cortisol bc of the alcohol. But idk if the cortisol effects will still be prominent in the morning there after. Idk if I should eat or fast. What y'all think?

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
I feel more stupid after reading this post.... don't make it difficult. enjoy your life, hit your macro minimums, and eat when you're hungry...

Sloth Hogan

Awards
Well ok. Eh I used the word tummy instead of 3 other words

Sloth Hogan

Awards
None of these replies are educated or helpful. I don't drink often. Maybe once or twice a month. What should I do the next morning?.......EAT........OR KEEP FASTING?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no educational knowledge behind this.
Perhaps try both out and see how you do? If u are only drinking once or twice in a month i don't think that will affect your 28-29 other days that you have nailed with your diet regiment. I would say increase your hydration and perhaps workout like run or volume weight training (speaking from experience) this helps me recover best.

Sloth Hogan

Awards
I'm probably just over thinking it. Bc yeah, I am nailing my diet all the other days. I probably do retain more water on the days after but that ain't nothing

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
If your only drinking once or twice a month just stick to your normal diet. It won't make a difference if your only do it once or twice a month. Don't overthink it so much bc it's beyond minimal.

BrotherBurly

BrotherBurly

Awards
Stay away from beer and unhealthy mixers with liquor. No point in starving yourself and blow it on a 12 pack. Vodka and diet ginger ale are my go to

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on if your getting drunk or just having a few to unwind. If your throwing down beers to the point of waking up hungover then break your fast. There’s no point in torturing yourself; your body needs nutrients. You’ve essentially poisoned yourself.

If your just having a couple, hydrate afterward, and wake up feeling fine then continue your usual fasting schedule. There’s no point in breaking it. Maybe your body can only handle two beers, maybe you can crush a six pack and feel fine, but whatever the number is just know your limit and don’t compromise the next day.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I would personally continue the fasting due to you still getting macros from the alcohol but your not drinking often at all seems like your very disciplined a little reward every once in a while keeps one from binging on things

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been fasting and doing low carb. Like 80 carbs a day. Mostly around my workouts. I have been cutting. Lost 15 lbs in a month. What do I need to eat, if anything, after a night of drinking? Should I eat? Or keep fasting? Most mornings I don't eat till 8 or 9. I go-to work at 5 and work on a fasted tummy. I know the food will release insulin which will blunt the cortisol which is very good. I mention cortisol bc of the alcohol. But idk if the cortisol effects will still be prominent in the morning there after. Idk if I should eat or fast. What y'all think?
eat breakfast
have snack
eat lunch
have snack
eat dinner

make sure these 5 meals hit your macro/calorie goal for the day. If you drink, add your drinks into your macros. next morning, eat normal and healthy and aim for your macros.