SUGAR!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Who would have thought a sugar thread would be so popular

2. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    So you don't think I'll be setting myself up for diabetes in the future?
    Yes, absolutely, but the aids will get you first
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Who would have thought a sugar thread would be so popular
    Well when you think about it, there's alot to be talked about. But I really wanna drink frappe every morning before work. Man that would be so awesome. I would totally look forward to my mornings.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Yes, absolutely, but the aids will get you first
    lol

5. I don't think it's a huge deal, but if you are that worried about it why don't you use stevia?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lofison View Post
    I don't think it's a huge deal, but if you are that worried about it why don't you use stevia?
    Stevia sucks ass

7. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Stevia sucks ass
    And balls

8. Anyways my diet mainly cosists of eggs and boiled potatoes, hamburger Patty and potatoes for lunch. Steak and potatoes and vegetables for dinner and random fruit like some bananas or apples with peanut butter for snacks. So the only crap I intake would be the sweet delicious frappe

9. Drink the damn mochafrappalate and go to work dude. You're going to be fine, if anything I'd be more worried about estrogen rebound from gayness of that coffee 🍻

10. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Drink the damn mochafrappalate and go to work dude. You're going to be fine, if anything I'd be more worried about estrogen rebound from gayness of that coffee ��
    Greek frappe is the most manly drink in the world. It literally cures AIDS because it's so not gay

11. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    My breakfast is boiled eggs with potatoes and cottage cheese. So that could slow down the carb release and cause less of an insulin spike?
    The cottage cheese would be good for slowing down the sugars. Just make an effort to start your breakfast before you start drinking your frappe. If you start feeling guilty, you could mix some konjac or psyllium husks into the cottage cheese

12. Quote Originally Posted by u_e_s_i View Post
    The cottage cheese would be good for slowing down the sugars. Just make an effort to start your breakfast before you start drinking your frappe. If you start feeling guilty, you could mix some konjac or psyllium husks into the cottage cheese
    I always eat my breakfast first and then I have my coffee

13. I just laughed for 2min straight. Thank you so much. My day is complete.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Greek frappe is the most manly drink in the world. It literally cures AIDS because it's so not gay
    Omg, lmao, you guys are killing me

15. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Drink the damn mochafrappalate and go to work dude. You're going to be fine, if anything I'd be more worried about estrogen rebound from gayness of that coffee 🍻
  16. SUGAR!!!

lol it's a sweet coffee... add to your macros and go about your day! If you were like "is it ok to eat a big bowl of lucky charms with some sugar on and drink 2l of Coke for breakfast" I'd probably say you need to rethink your life, that would probably set you up for diabetes haha

17. Quote Originally Posted by Punkrocker View Post
    Pretty solid advice although I'm gonna have to stand with the whole grains being bad though
    Whole grains are you considering rice and oats being a whole grain or just pasta? Sorry for the stupid question but if you consider rice and oats being non paleoic look at gladiators who are porridge.

18. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    Whole grains are you considering rice and oats being a whole grain or just pasta? Sorry for the stupid question but if you consider rice and oats being non paleoic look at gladiators who are porridge.
    White rice is ok, but Brown has that outter shell that irritates your intestines. Yeah oats suck too

19. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    Ummmm
    Not going to weigh in at all on the merits of paleo eating, but as a history teacher, I have to correct your blatant anachronism
    Gladiators ate their porridge about 10,000 years after the Paleolithic era ended.

20. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    Ummmm
    Not going to weigh in at all on the merits of paleo eating, but as a history teacher, I have to correct your blatant anachronism
    Gladiators ate their porridge about 10,000 years after the Paleolithic era ended.
    Haha I wasn't referring to the Paleolithic era my bad I'm terrible in history to begin with I'm more of a science type guy and I know that genetic mutation takes 100000s of years before making a significant impact on how our system works which in this case hasn't taken long enough (homo erectus to Homo sapiens somewhere in the 100k years ago I believe correct me if I am wrong) which is why I believe that the Paleo diet has merit in the fact if we eat what has been encoded into our DNA (what our ancestors eat Homo sapiens) it will be the most beneficial in terms of bodybuilding and healthy living. Although like everything you have to pick and choose from a little bit of everywhere and construct your own theories which as a history teacher you probably do try to tell us college students or high school or whatever level of institution! That's why I brought up porridge. I don't mean to come off as rude or anything I just wanted to express my opinion and thought on the Paléo diet because like op believes in we didn't eat a lot of sugar like that 1000 years ago

21. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    Haha I wasn't referring to the Paleolithic era my bad I'm terrible in history to begin with I'm more of a science type guy and I know that genetic mutation takes 100000s of years before making a significant impact on how our system works which in this case hasn't taken long enough (homo erectus to Homo sapiens somewhere in the 100k years ago I believe correct me if I am wrong) which is why I believe that the Paleo diet has merit in the fact if we eat what has been encoded into our DNA (what our ancestors eat Homo sapiens) it will be the most beneficial in terms of bodybuilding and healthy living. Although like everything you have to pick and choose from a little bit of everywhere and construct your own theories which as a history teacher you probably do try to tell us college students or high school or whatever level of institution! That's why I brought up porridge. I don't mean to come off as rude or anything I just wanted to express my opinion and thought on the Paléo diet because like op believes in we didn't eat a lot of sugar like that 1000 years ago
    HS and college-both.
    You are on the right track with time needed for any appreciable impact of a genetic mutation with respect to dietary impact.
    Paleo, however, has too many fatal flaws for me to consider it a reasonable diet approach:
    1) it has a fairly arbitrary and strict set of standards (what our ancestors supposedly ate) for which to deem a food "good" (and the notion of good food/bad food is flawed in and of itself)
    2) it is based on a flawed anthropology of our ancestors-what did they really eat? Did they avoid legumes (no)? Etc
    3) our paleo ancestors were lucky to see 20 years of age. Not sure I'd consider them the paragon of dietetic health
    4) the diet ignores epigenetics: our environment has changed our genome. Even if we could identify the ideal diet that "worked" for our caveman forebearers, we are no longer genetically in the same lineage as them-what makes us think it will "work" for us

I could go on and on

22. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    HS and college-both.
    You are on the right track with time needed for any appreciable impact of a genetic mutation with respect to dietary impact.
    Paleo, however, has too many fatal flaws for me to consider it a reasonable diet approach:
    1) it has a fairly arbitrary and strict set of standards (what our ancestors supposedly ate) for which to deem a food "good" (and the notion of good food/bad food is flawed in and of itself)
    2) it is based on a flawed anthropology of our ancestors-what did they really eat? Did they avoid legumes (no)? Etc
    3) our paleo ancestors were lucky to see 20 years of age. Not sure I'd consider them the paragon of dietetic health
    4) the diet ignores epigenetics: our environment has changed our genome. Even if we could identify the ideal diet that "worked" for our caveman forebearers, we are no longer genetically in the same lineage as them-what makes us think it will "work" for us

I could go on and on
    That's very true never thought about it that way. Although it has flaws it is a good way of keeping your foods clean (i.e not eating McDonald's) haha.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sugar Control Supplements
    By Champ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 12:34 PM
  2. No More Sugar (For You Bobo)
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 03:32 PM
  3. America Drowning In Sugar
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss