What the health!

Dmcooper

Awards
Has anyone watched the movie "what the health" on Netflix?
My girl was watching it, when I woke up I was hearing all these studies about how animal products cause cancer and are so bad that people shouldn't consume them at all and move to a plant based diet which will reverse everything.

I just want to get everyone's opinion on this because I constantly consume animal products (eat meat at least 3 times a day and drink milk constantly). Will going vegan really change my life for the better?

If you have not watched it, I suggest doing so then commenting here on what you think. It is pretty interesting because it actually talks about how the products affect us instead of just how the animals are treated (what people usually talk about).

Beta

Awards
  • Established
The whole film can be summed up as vegan propaganda that cites disproven/faulty/ or otherwise questionable studies to further their agenda.

If you follow the "everything in moderation" rule and get your necessary micros through fruits and vegetables, there is nothing to warrant excluding meat as part of a balanced diet.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of the meat there talking about is low quality fast food type products etc. It was really sneaky and subtle but I noticed that.... I don't think its fair or accurate to paint meat and dairy as the cause. I believe processed foods are horrible and primarily the culprit. I do think there is a lot of truth in the argument for vegetable based diets to reverse conditions brought on by poor diet

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Vegan propaganda. Misinformation and poor interpretation of even more poorly performed "studies."

Cringe-fest. Made me question humanity.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Started watching it and turned it off, all the studies we're done by vegans and I was semi interested till I got to the part where they basically said sugar isint that bad and doesn't cause diabetes, fat does. Click

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know a documentary that covers the opposite side of what the health? Thats veganism isn't as beneficial as people claim?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I enjoyed it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Does anybody know a documentary that covers the opposite side of what the health? Thats veganism isn't as beneficial as people claim?
I'm going to find out and I'll let you know, sounds interesting

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Never mind I just read deeper and it was a online article saying they are debunking the movie, gonna keep looking

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm going to have a look at these next.

IMG_3332.jpg

celliem

celliem

Awards
I watched some of it but laughed at the lack of real information and facts. Felt like it was pushing the vegan lifestyle.

Pistolpete85

Awards
The whole film can be summed up as vegan propaganda that cites disproven/faulty/ or otherwise questionable studies to further their agenda.

If you follow the "everything in moderation" rule and get your necessary micros through fruits and vegetables, there is nothing to warrant excluding meat as part of a balanced diet.
What he said

Nod247

Awards
I found it very informing about the effects of processessed meats and how the Pharmaceutical campanies are controlling what they say is a good diet. Do your research and you’ll see that 90% of meat out there is from Cruel practices from so called “farms” it’s just disgusting conditions and all that **** your eating in your meat...
animal cruelty is the price we pay for cheap meat..
and the fact that it is now illegal to report animal cruelty and these farms should show you how screwed up the meat industry is..
I’m not gonna support that ****.. literally

deanX

Awards
Same analysis as vegan propaganda. There are needed protein and stuff that can be found on meat.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The movie was about 25% true and 75% bul****, good friend of mine who actually is a vegan even said that it was extremely biased