How much size will I lose from the flu

1. How much size will I lose from the flu

Caught the flu on Friday, had a headache Friday evening and woke up saturday with a high fever and full body aches. I've been running squats 7 days (probably should have skipped Friday session) and my caloric intake has been high. It's Monday and I still have zero appetite because food (even water) tastes like ****. Should I go with the flow til I'm better or try force in some calories to minimize muscle wastage?

2. Keep eating and take more care of filling up on fluids
    •   

3. Yeah definitely keep packing in the calories man I had pneumonia after my last cycle and I totally lost a good amount of size from that. Was literally just being in bed for too much time I was still eating you sound like you're having trouble eating.

Go for a lot of soup. If you take down soup okay at bread with butter. If all that does good maybe some whole milk in the morning if you can hold it down and some yogurt?

4. Muscle dosent magically disappear in a week or 2, maybe you'll loose a pound or so of muscle but the rest will fluid and a empty stomach. After A week or so of eating normal again and rehydrated you will be the same.

5. You're gonna shrivel up now. RIP to GAINZZZZZZZZZZ

You will be FINE man. Take in your fluids, eat and rest.
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition
    •   

6. Thanks all, working on the eating part. Soup works. Dairy ends up on the ceiling.

7. You really don't need to worry, if u can't eat much for a week or 2 it's fine. It will come back after it's over

8. Hold on OP... gotta find my calculator that determines how much muscle mass someone loses from getting the flu

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyaus33 View Post
    Hold on OP... gotta find my calculator that determines how much muscle mass someone loses from getting the flu
    Multiply number of test boosters by ballsack skinfold

10. Depends on you. If you can stay hydrated you shouldn't lose much. What You will lose is water weight. Each person on a normal day holds about 12lbs of water.
    MileHighKratom, Ironmaglabs, Musclegelz, representative Use coupon:mace15 for 15% OFF your next order at any of the 3 sites MileHighKratom.com
    http://www.ironmaglabs.com
    https://www.musclegelz.com

11. Let your body rest. This includes the chore of digestion. I would focus on micronutrients more than macronutrients if you are eating. Fasting helps reset your immune system and it takes days for catabolism to happen at a large amounts that would prove noticeable. The stress of the thought of losing muscle is probably causing you more muscle loss than not eating lol

12. My rule is that if I have more than a head cold I rest. Any type of body ache or flu symptoms will have me out of the gym for a few days - it's better to rest and allow your body to recover than to push yourself and make it worse.

As far as calories, soup and shakes are the go-to. It's very easy to make high calorie shakes that you can get down while you're sick. I would eat at maintenance calories (if possible), and be sure you're drinking a ton of water and electrolytes. Sleep as much as possible and you should be back in the gym in no time. I wouldn't stress losing muscle at all - if anything a 1-2 week break will be beneficial if you've been squatting that much.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by macedog24 View Post
    Depends on you. If you can stay hydrated you shouldn't lose much. What You will lose is water weight. Each person on a normal day holds about 12lbs of water.
    I hold ALL the water

ALL the water
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much Var will offset joint issues from Winni?
    By synergyAM in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 12:28 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:37 AM
  4. How much test will shut you down?
    By gobus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 01:56 PM
  5. how much time do you spend in the gym