Favourite clean meal

TomS93

Awards
Hi guys

What's your favourite clean meal that you often eat?

At the minute I think mine has to be eggs made into an omelette and a bowl of oats with cinnamon and sweetener!
Don't know why but been eating this loads during my cut and can't explain how excited I get to eat this, haha!

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Hi guys

At the minute I think mine has to be eggs made into an omelette and a bowl of oats with cinnamon and sweetener!
Don't know why but been eating this loads during my cut and can't explain how excited I get to eat this, haha!
Ha ha I get ya.

My favourite atm is grilled Jerk chicken with mango and rocket salad and a sweet potato.

jakobi55

Awards
Hi guys

Salmon and broccoli

jakobi55

Awards
Hi guys

Try putting cinnamon roll flavored protein energy in your oats it's the greatest thing ever

Low

Low

Awards
Steel cut oats, 2 tbsp ground chia and flax, 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, 50 grams fresh blueberries, half banana, 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp sliced almonds, 1 tbsp sun flower seeds, 10 grams pecans, 15 grams of dried cranberries, 1 tbsp vitafiber. It's bomb, I eat it every morning and it holds me for 3 hours, macros breakdown to around 100 highly sustainable carbs (fast and slow), 20 grams of fiber, 18 grams of protein. Pair that with a scoop of whey in a blender and your ready to conquer the day.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Steak and asparagus grilled on the BBQ with a chunk of hickory

TomS93

Awards
Steel cut oats, 2 tbsp ground chia and flax, 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, 50 grams fresh blueberries, half banana, 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp sliced almonds, 1 tbsp sun flower seeds, 10 grams pecans, 15 grams of dried cranberries, 1 tbsp vitafiber. It's bomb, I eat it every morning and it holds me for 3 hours, macros breakdown to around 100 highly sustainable carbs (fast and slow), 20 grams of fiber, 18 grams of protein. Pair that with a scoop of whey in a blender and your ready to conquer the day.
That's a lot of ingredients! Sounds good though! Can't wait till I finish my cut so I can start eating like this, 100g carb is more than half my total for the day :(

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Usually a slab or fatty pork w/ a side of deep fried French fries....I clean them when soap and water though to make sure they're not dirty foods....I always make sure to rinse off my food so it's not dirty..... Lol not srs. I get your post, but honestly macros are macros at the end of the day....micronutrients and nutrient density of food is the only thing that really differentiates

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Usually a slab or fatty pork w/ a side of deep fried French fries....I clean them when soap and water though to make sure they're not dirty foods....I always make sure to rinse off my food so it's not dirty..... Lol not srs. I get your post, but honestly macros are macros at the end of the day....micronutrients and nutrient density of food is the only thing that really differentiates
I don't think you understand the post really pal.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I think I do....I don't think you understand sarcasm
I do understand sarcasm and yes I see that you had attempted to be sarcastic, however I think the idea from the op was to get some meal ideas that he can implement that are clean. Of course macros are macros but if u just hit macros through McDonald's etc you are gonna feel like ****.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tilapia (seasoned with pepper, garlic chunks, lime, jalapeno) place and enclosed in foil, cook until ready . Side of rice or some asparagus or on top of a bed of spinach

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
I do understand sarcasm and yes I see that you had attempted to be sarcastic, however I think the idea from the op was to get some meal ideas that he can implement that are clean. Of course macros are macros but if u just hit macros through McDonald's etc you are gonna feel like ****.
And I agree with you, to an extent. You can easily eat mcdonalds everyday and be healthy. You can get grilled chicken there and put it over a modified salad, you can get whole eggs or egg whites, fruit....etc. yeah it's not optimal to eat there everyday or every meal, but it can be done. I understand what op is stating, and I admit I provided a sarcastic/ deuschy response, but it's also beneficial for people to understand that you shouldn't label foods as "clean" or "dirty" for the sake of not building up a barrier against foods that are supposedly dirty. But to answer the question....my favorite "clean"/ micro dense meal with optimal balance of macros is prob broiled maple marinaded salmon on top of grilled asparagus or any cruciferous/ green/ high water based veggie if I'm restricting calories/ cutting. I just find it important for people not to label foods so you can actually enjoy your life when you go out and not build up orthorexic tendenscies and behaviors that are so common now a days (after dealing with it myself, I preach balance and moderation).

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
IMG_5473.jpg

TomS93

Awards
I'm actually one of the people who totally disagree with saying no food is clean or dirty. I understand that people shouldn't worry too much and should be a little more flexible but there is still clean and dirty food. Your body would respond a hell of a lot better to eating some lean meat and complex carbs and healthy fats instead of having a pizza? Yes people should be able to enjoy theirselves and not feel so restricted but in my opinion to say that macros are just macros is wrong. Maybe body composition wouldn't be affected as long as macros are correct but health wise, clean food wins every time

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Steak and asparagus grilled on the BBQ with a chunk of hickory
I'll second this 1. Try blanching the asparagus till it turns bright green first and then grill it on tin foil with some Gorgonzola on top of it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
In a crock pot pot chicken peppers onions and garlic and a can of pineapple in water. Season with curry, Ginger, pepper and anything spicy if u like. Serve over rice

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually one of the people who totally disagree with saying no food is clean or dirty. I understand that people shouldn't worry too much and should be a little more flexible but there is still clean and dirty food. Your body would respond a hell of a lot better to eating some lean meat and complex carbs and healthy fats instead of having a pizza? Yes people should be able to enjoy theirselves and not feel so restricted but in my opinion to say that macros are just macros is wrong. Maybe body composition wouldn't be affected as long as macros are correct but health wise, clean food wins every time
So a pizza breakdown:
-Dough (flour, water, yeast)
-Marinara (veggie based sauce)
-Cheese (saturated fats are a precursor to test production and also can be high protein)
-toppings (pizza can be topped with any vegetable of preference).

So tell me what's so unhealthy about a pizza??? Most fat sources now are trans fat free, you can top a pizza with Canadian bacon, and then topped with spinach, peppers, onions...etc. I don't see where that's bad? Also what difference in the metabolic process will a complex carb differ from pizza dough (you could also do whole wheat crust)? Esp with the addition of fats and proteins, the GI will be altered, and the body will eventually metabolize those carbs into glucose/ glycogen. So idk what's wrong with a pizza? That's the issue, people place labels on food. I don't disagree with you on the fact that there are foods that may help you perform more optimally, but that doesn't say all other foods are "dirty". A hamburger....beef, mayo (eggs, oil, flavoring), ketchup (tomatoes), lettuce, and a bun....a food labeled as unhealthy. Yet it has a balance of carbs, protein, and essential fats. That's my point I'm getting at. Aside from processed ingredients in foods which usually don't alter body composition, the labeling of food is skewed. If course there are better ways to eat depending on your goals, it'd be a hell of a lot smarter to eat chicken and veggies for satiety when dieting rather than a doughnut consisting of the same calories...but that's common sense. You can also say the same when comparing a protein shake to a piece of chicken, what's gonna fill you up more: the chicken. The Twinkie diet is a great observation that shows body weight greatly influences health markers and not necessarily the cholesterol, fat, triglycerides....etc of food and blood levels.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Tilapia (seasoned with pepper, garlic chunks, lime, jalapeno) place and enclosed in foil, cook until ready . Side of rice or some asparagus or on top of a bed of spinach
Try adding some dill on top and cayenne :) really compliment each other for me on tilapia

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Salmon, sweet potato, broccoli with Kerry gold butter and garlic salt.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chopped bell peppers (all colors) & Chopped onion sautéed in garlic.

Ground turkey seasoned with various things

Mix with peppers

Eat on a bed of rice or couscous

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love some fish and/or chicken. Broccoli. Spinach
Some cajun fish. Well about 10 pieces.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So a pizza breakdown:
-Dough (flour, water, yeast)
-Marinara (veggie based sauce)
-Cheese (saturated fats are a precursor to test production and also can be high protein)
-toppings (pizza can be topped with any vegetable of preference).

So tell me what's so unhealthy about a pizza??? Most fat sources now are trans fat free, you can top a pizza with Canadian bacon, and then topped with spinach, peppers, onions...etc. I don't see where that's bad? Also what difference in the metabolic process will a complex carb differ from pizza dough (you could also do whole wheat crust)? Esp with the addition of fats and proteins, the GI will be altered, and the body will eventually metabolize those carbs into glucose/ glycogen. So idk what's wrong with a pizza? That's the issue, people place labels on food. I don't disagree with you on the fact that there are foods that may help you perform more optimally, but that doesn't say all other foods are "dirty". A hamburger....beef, mayo (eggs, oil, flavoring), ketchup (tomatoes), lettuce, and a bun....a food labeled as unhealthy. Yet it has a balance of carbs, protein, and essential fats. That's my point I'm getting at. Aside from processed ingredients in foods which usually don't alter body composition, the labeling of food is skewed. If course there are better ways to eat depending on your goals, it'd be a hell of a lot smarter to eat chicken and veggies for satiety when dieting rather than a doughnut consisting of the same calories...but that's common sense. You can also say the same when comparing a protein shake to a piece of chicken, what's gonna fill you up more: the chicken. The Twinkie diet is a great observation that shows body weight greatly influences health markers and not necessarily the cholesterol, fat, triglycerides....etc of food and blood levels.
Either you're oversimplifying the ingredients in these foods to justify them as healthy or you just don't know. Sure, if you're making a burger or pizza completely from scratch it will be more wholesome, but the fact is that 90% of the time pizzas and burgers are made with sh*tty processed ingredients that are highly inflammatory and not simple whole sources like you make it seem in your post. And glycemic index is 1/100's of things you can analyze on how a food effects your body and not the ultimate measure of health.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Either you're oversimplifying the ingredients in these foods to justify them as healthy or you just don't know. Sure, if you're making a burger or pizza completely from scratch it will be more wholesome, but the fact is that 90% of the time pizzas and burgers are made with sh*tty processed ingredients that are highly inflammatory and not simple whole sources like you make it seem in your post. And glycemic index is 1/100's of things you can analyze on how a food effects your body and not the ultimate measure of health.
This. At least with commercial "fast/cheap" pizza, there are a lot more ingredients than what was mentioned. Take Pizza Hut for example:
https://d3ixjveba7l33q.cloudfront.net/mobilem8-php/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PH-Ingredient-Listings-English-June-2014.pdf

Low

Low

Awards
Yeah! And not to mention PINK SLIME!

TomS93

Awards
How can anyone argue that a pizza is healthy?! yes you could make a healthier pizza but a takeaway pizza is unhealthy no matter what toppings are on it! There's a reason after eating fast food people tend to feel sluggish and have breakouts of bad skin

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great here goes the "clean" vs "unclean" argument.

Ppl don't understand moderation.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Great here goes the "clean" vs "unclean" argument.

Ppl don't understand moderation.
This exactly, I was expressing my views off the fact of moderation and enjoying your life and not labeling food.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
How can anyone argue that a pizza is healthy?! yes you could make a healthier pizza but a takeaway pizza is unhealthy no matter what toppings are on it! There's a reason after eating fast food people tend to feel sluggish and have breakouts of bad skin
This is subjective....how come people like jay cutler, Dave palumbo, Juan morel...etc can eat McDonald's and crap in atleast one meal everyday? Don't argue "anabolics" either cuz they have nothing to do with "processed/ chemicals" in those foods.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Well if your worried about processed ingredients and inflammatory foods then you might as well also go outside with a gas mask to avoid the BS we breathe in everyday. Also, ingredient lists may be long cause you have to compose a list of every single complement of an ingredient. Even things that are "natural" are composed of multiple chemicals and their ingredient list could be long too. most of the time when people say clean or dirty they're referring to caloric or macro nutrient composition of food....not if there's red-40 or yellow-60....etc in it.....

TomS93

Awards
This is subjective....how come people like jay cutler, Dave palumbo, Juan morel...etc can eat McDonald's and crap in atleast one meal everyday? Don't argue "anabolics" either cuz they have nothing to do with "processed/ chemicals" in those foods.
But would you consider someone like Jay Cutler healthy? yes he is massive and I am a big admirer of his but his body probably isn't that healthy.
All I'm saying is not all food is created equally. A carb is not a carb, there are good carbs and there are bad carbs

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
But would you consider someone like Jay Cutler healthy? yes he is massive and I am a big admirer of his but his body probably isn't that healthy.
All I'm saying is not all food is created equally. A carb is not a carb, there are good carbs and there are bad carbs
Massive, yes. Going to be celebrating his 90th birthday, not highly likely.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bad carbs?

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
I'm all about simple.
Oats with protein and peanut butter.

And oh yea, if money is no object, Filet Mignon

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not collect a paycheck for this hobby of mine. Therefore I have a sustainable relationship with food aka moderation. I enjoy life, eat foods I enjoy (within reason, 80/20 rule) and continually get stronger in the gym (although I follow a training template geared towards strength)

Restrictive eating then binge eating for entire day(s) blow my mind.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Current clean post training meal:

4 soft boiled organic pastured eggs w/ some sea salt
8 oz chicken tenderloins
1.5 to 2 pounds of Hawaiin/Okinawan purple sweet potato
2-3 cups of salad/fresh greens

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
2-3 lbs in 1 meal I'd feel like sleeping after. Unless it's all steak, can eat 2lbs of NY strip like nothing

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
this is where I completely stop listening is when I hear stuff like this....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this is where I completely stop listening is when I hear stuff like this....
I get what you're saying, and moderation is the key, but there is a difference between 50g carbs from oats or sweet potato compared to 50g carbs from high fructose corn syrup. Again, moderation is the key, but I do think there will be a difference over time eating sweet potatoes than drinking a soda matched for carbs/calories.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I get what you're saying, and moderation is the key, but there is a difference between 50g carbs from oats or sweet potato compared to 50g carbs from high fructose corn syrup. Again, moderation is the key, but I do think there will be a difference over time eating sweet potatoes than drinking a soda matched for carbs/calories.
The carbs and calories are exactly the same, it's the nutrition and insulin spikes that are different