Favourite clean meal

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Favourite clean meal

Quote Originally Posted by Pinggolfee96 View Post
    So a pizza breakdown:
    -Dough (flour, water, yeast)
    -Marinara (veggie based sauce)
    -Cheese (saturated fats are a precursor to test production and also can be high protein)
    -toppings (pizza can be topped with any vegetable of preference).

So tell me what's so unhealthy about a pizza??? Most fat sources now are trans fat free, you can top a pizza with Canadian bacon, and then topped with spinach, peppers, onions...etc. I don't see where that's bad? Also what difference in the metabolic process will a complex carb differ from pizza dough (you could also do whole wheat crust)? Esp with the addition of fats and proteins, the GI will be altered, and the body will eventually metabolize those carbs into glucose/ glycogen. So idk what's wrong with a pizza? That's the issue, people place labels on food. I don't disagree with you on the fact that there are foods that may help you perform more optimally, but that doesn't say all other foods are "dirty". A hamburger....beef, mayo (eggs, oil, flavoring), ketchup (tomatoes), lettuce, and a bun....a food labeled as unhealthy. Yet it has a balance of carbs, protein, and essential fats. That's my point I'm getting at. Aside from processed ingredients in foods which usually don't alter body composition, the labeling of food is skewed. If course there are better ways to eat depending on your goals, it'd be a hell of a lot smarter to eat chicken and veggies for satiety when dieting rather than a doughnut consisting of the same calories...but that's common sense. You can also say the same when comparing a protein shake to a piece of chicken, what's gonna fill you up more: the chicken. The Twinkie diet is a great observation that shows body weight greatly influences health markers and not necessarily the cholesterol, fat, triglycerides....etc of food and blood levels.
    Either you're oversimplifying the ingredients in these foods to justify them as healthy or you just don't know. Sure, if you're making a burger or pizza completely from scratch it will be more wholesome, but the fact is that 90% of the time pizzas and burgers are made with sh*tty processed ingredients that are highly inflammatory and not simple whole sources like you make it seem in your post. And glycemic index is 1/100's of things you can analyze on how a food effects your body and not the ultimate measure of health.

2. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Either you're oversimplifying the ingredients in these foods to justify them as healthy or you just don't know. Sure, if you're making a burger or pizza completely from scratch it will be more wholesome, but the fact is that 90% of the time pizzas and burgers are made with sh*tty processed ingredients that are highly inflammatory and not simple whole sources like you make it seem in your post. And glycemic index is 1/100's of things you can analyze on how a food effects your body and not the ultimate measure of health.
    This. At least with commercial "fast/cheap" pizza, there are a lot more ingredients than what was mentioned. Take Pizza Hut for example:
    https://d3ixjveba7l33q.cloudfront.ne...-June-2014.pdf
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Yeah! And not to mention PINK SLIME!

4. How can anyone argue that a pizza is healthy?! yes you could make a healthier pizza but a takeaway pizza is unhealthy no matter what toppings are on it! There's a reason after eating fast food people tend to feel sluggish and have breakouts of bad skin

5. Great here goes the "clean" vs "unclean" argument.

Ppl don't understand moderation.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Great here goes the "clean" vs "unclean" argument.

Ppl don't understand moderation.
    This exactly, I was expressing my views off the fact of moderation and enjoying your life and not labeling food.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TomS93 View Post
    How can anyone argue that a pizza is healthy?! yes you could make a healthier pizza but a takeaway pizza is unhealthy no matter what toppings are on it! There's a reason after eating fast food people tend to feel sluggish and have breakouts of bad skin
    This is subjective....how come people like jay cutler, Dave palumbo, Juan morel...etc can eat McDonald's and crap in atleast one meal everyday? Don't argue "anabolics" either cuz they have nothing to do with "processed/ chemicals" in those foods.

8. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Well if your worried about processed ingredients and inflammatory foods then you might as well also go outside with a gas mask to avoid the BS we breathe in everyday. Also, ingredient lists may be long cause you have to compose a list of every single complement of an ingredient. Even things that are "natural" are composed of multiple chemicals and their ingredient list could be long too. most of the time when people say clean or dirty they're referring to caloric or macro nutrient composition of food....not if there's red-40 or yellow-60....etc in it.....

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pinggolfee96 View Post
    This is subjective....how come people like jay cutler, Dave palumbo, Juan morel...etc can eat McDonald's and crap in atleast one meal everyday? Don't argue "anabolics" either cuz they have nothing to do with "processed/ chemicals" in those foods.
    But would you consider someone like Jay Cutler healthy? yes he is massive and I am a big admirer of his but his body probably isn't that healthy.
    All I'm saying is not all food is created equally. A carb is not a carb, there are good carbs and there are bad carbs

10. Quote Originally Posted by TomS93 View Post
    But would you consider someone like Jay Cutler healthy? yes he is massive and I am a big admirer of his but his body probably isn't that healthy.
    All I'm saying is not all food is created equally. A carb is not a carb, there are good carbs and there are bad carbs
    Massive, yes. Going to be celebrating his 90th birthday, not highly likely.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

11. Quote Originally Posted by TomS93 View Post
    Bad carbs?
    -Chaos and Pain Rep -
    www.chaosandpain.com

12. Sugary ****

13. I'm all about simple.
    Oats with protein and peanut butter.

And oh yea, if money is no object, Filet Mignon

14. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Sugary ****
    Fast digesting sugars have there place and are fine in moderation just like everything else in the world.
    -Chaos and Pain Rep -
    www.chaosandpain.com

15. Quote Originally Posted by BloodManor View Post
    Fast digesting sugars have there place and are fine in moderation just like everything else in the world.
    Especially post workout

16. Quote Originally Posted by sandpig View Post
    Especially post workout
    For dat der insulin spike

17. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    For dat der insulin spike
    Gotta eat those sour patch kids post workout
    -Chaos and Pain Rep -
    www.chaosandpain.com

18. I do not collect a paycheck for this hobby of mine. Therefore I have a sustainable relationship with food aka moderation. I enjoy life, eat foods I enjoy (within reason, 80/20 rule) and continually get stronger in the gym (although I follow a training template geared towards strength)

Restrictive eating then binge eating for entire day(s) blow my mind.

19. I follow the 50/50 rule personally

20. Current clean post training meal:

4 soft boiled organic pastured eggs w/ some sea salt
    8 oz chicken tenderloins
    1.5 to 2 pounds of Hawaiin/Okinawan purple sweet potato
    2-3 cups of salad/fresh greens

21. That's a massive meal

22. 2-3 lbs in 1 meal I'd feel like sleeping after. Unless it's all steak, can eat 2lbs of NY strip like nothing

23. Quote Originally Posted by TomS93 View Post
    this is where I completely stop listening is when I hear stuff like this....

24. Quote Originally Posted by Pinggolfee96 View Post
    this is where I completely stop listening is when I hear stuff like this....
    I get what you're saying, and moderation is the key, but there is a difference between 50g carbs from oats or sweet potato compared to 50g carbs from high fructose corn syrup. Again, moderation is the key, but I do think there will be a difference over time eating sweet potatoes than drinking a soda matched for carbs/calories.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I get what you're saying, and moderation is the key, but there is a difference between 50g carbs from oats or sweet potato compared to 50g carbs from high fructose corn syrup. Again, moderation is the key, but I do think there will be a difference over time eating sweet potatoes than drinking a soda matched for carbs/calories.
    The carbs and calories are exactly the same, it's the nutrition and insulin spikes that are different
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. great bulking meal for ecto
    By drfly in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 01:00 PM
  2. Meal Builder
    By Biggs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 04:20 PM
  3. Homebrew Meal Replacement Shake
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss