Can accutane suppress test levels?

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Idk if this is the right place to put this, but it says nutrition AND health, so I thought I'd post it here. Just curious on if accutane has any effects on testosterone levels since it decreases acne, you think it would have some effect on your hormones. Curious on any thoughts? Thanks!

Sambo123

Sambo123

Awards
Interesting question, making me think the same

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
But accutane doesn't treat your acne by messing with your hormones. With that in mind, I don't know why/how it would decrease testosterone.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
But accutane doesn't treat your acne by messing with your hormones. With that in mind, I don't know why/how it would decrease testosterone.
Because accutane has been shown to affect the pituaitary

IFBBBradRowe

IFBBBradRowe

Awards
not sure about test levels I would be more concerned with effects on lipid profile and liver enzymes

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
not sure about test levels I would be more concerned with effects on lipid profile and liver enzymes
Definitely this. When on doctor prescribed accutane, I think they have you come in once a month to have those values monitored.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
follow up....been off accutane for a month and just got my labs back. I've had hypothyroid for some time now, we just tested it out of curiosity, so no surprise its low, but I am on try, but when I was on the accutane, I was completely suppressed. I haven't gotten my free test yet, but I was SHOCKED when I saw what my total was. is it possible for trt(compound cream 100mgs a day in 10% solution) to actually put my test level above 2000?? my last labs about 2 months ago my total test was no lie at 32. same testing times, just been on the try longer and off the accurate now. may dad who is a medical doctor believed the accutane was blocking the receptor sites to produce test. my endocrine also agreed the accutane affected it. what're your thoughts? can trt bring my that high? were gonna start weaning off the trt now lol.https://ibb.co/d43M6a

Attachments