Macro app

Matt.

Awards
For those that use a macro app can someone point me in the right direction to your favorite one? My weight lose has hit a. Wall. I've slowly started to increase my cardio while trying to lower my intake which is hard for me to track.

finchris1

Awards
For those that use a macro app can someone point me in the right direction to your favorite one? My weight lose has hit a. Wall. I've slowly started to increase my cardio while trying to lower my intake which is hard for me to track.
Hi MyFitnessPal is what I use

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
I used to use Nutritionix Track, but grew tired of making sure everything was accurate in their macro data base. I spent $2.99 on MyMacros+ and honestly it was the best decision I have made in regards to tracking macros. The interface is super intuitive, you can add custom foods and recipes easily, and you can set your daily goals each day (for carb cycles like myself, this is a blessing). Plus I think that for $20 a year, you can get access to the PC version and export your macros and weight loss as graphs and spreadsheets

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My Fitness Pal or My Macros +
2 very easy to use with a massive database.

celliem

celliem

Awards
I created an excel sheet and I fill it in as I go that calculates everything.

Niclas Bruun

Awards
I use myfitnesspal and it is okay but the macross is not always correct. Is macros+ Better?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I use myfitnesspal and it is okay but the macross is not always correct. Is macros+ Better?
Very similar app, big database and easy to track foods. As long as you hit your macros at the end of the day that is all that matters. if it is 2-5g over or under its not going to make a major difference in your overall goal.

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Very similar app, big database and easy to track foods. As long as you hit your macros at the end of the day that is all that matters. if it is 2-5g over or under its not going to make a major difference in your overall goal.
^^this. I personally like the additional perks that MyMacros+ provides (graphical tracking, exports to excel files, recipe making for frequently made meals so you can just input the end product and it has the macros pre calculated, etc) but I can't say that I've ever used MyFitnessPal consistently enough to say which is better. I usually input everything I eat as custom foods so I have the exact macro count but that's just me being overly cautious and obsessive lol

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I've always used MyFitnessPal and find it very simple and accurate. Any foods it doesn't have in the database you can easily add yourself manually, or you can just use the barcode scanning tool which is extremely handy at times. I've never used MyMacros+ so it may be largely the same, but I suggest you try both and find which you prefer.

Matt.

Awards
Thanks for all the replies I'll definitely check out my macros+ and my fitness pal.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
My fitness pal is legit and doesn't cost anything. I used to use that when I did iifym. Still use it off-season when I want to substitute a food source sometimes

Max.1

Awards
I use an app called Yazio. I find it really easy to use and the macros seem to be very accurate.