MCT Oil?

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
Are there any great benefits to adding MCT oil to your diet if you're not running Keto?

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
I have been putting it in my morning coffee and in my post workout shake. I googled it to see if there were benefits other than ketone production and didn't see anything from any concrete reputable sources?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been putting it in my morning coffee and in my post workout shake. I googled it to see if there were benefits other than ketone production and didn't see anything from any concrete reputable sources?
Even when not in keto, you get a small benefit of other energy source (ketones)

RYUX1

RYUX1

Awards
It would would give you a decent amount of energy but it won't turn your body into a fat burning furnace. You would just burn the fats you just injested from it. You should spend your money on something else if you are not doing keto

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
1) Its a healthy fat so as long as it fits your macros, go ahead and use it
2) it is metabolized quickly in the liver, and will provide a boost of energy
3) it still has calories and will not make you burn fat faster by using it

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
It would would give you a decent amount of energy but it won't turn your body into a fat burning furnace. You would just burn the fats you just injested from it. You should spend your money on something else if you are not doing keto
That was what I was thinking, I just finished cutting and had some left over and I really didn't want to add the extra calories at this time.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dave Asprey's brain octane oil has the specific fatty chains isolated that product ketones. He says he can see solid bump in his ketones using. If you have the money maybe worth a shot

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Dave Asprey's brain octane oil has the specific fatty chains isolated that product ketones. He says he can see solid bump in his ketones using. If you have the money maybe worth a shot
Yep, I believe Brain Octane is 100% C-8. Careful using full doses though, it can lead you to the bathroom quicker than normal MCT. lol

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep, I believe Brain Octane is 100% C-8. Careful using full doses though, it can lead you to the bathroom quicker than normal MCT. lol
Yep! He says this one doesn't cause disaster pants as bad as regular MCT oil. I'll test it for you guys...stand back. *chugs brain octane oil*

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I used mct oil frequently with my old coach. Almost every meal. There is a lot of bad ones out there but I found the best quality to be mutant mct oil. I noticed I had good energy but with my new coach I use avocado, whole eggs, natural peanut butter to get my fats in.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Nice, I personally use Keto8. It gives me personally the most noticeable performance. I also have BP XTC and Brain Octane

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
I used mct oil frequently with my old coach. Almost every meal. There is a lot of bad ones out there but I found the best quality to be mutant mct oil. I noticed I had good energy but with my new coach I use avocado, whole eggs, natural peanut butter to get my fats in.
I'm there with this in that I would prefer to get it through whole food and not keep looking for a magic bullet although it would be nice to find one!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to add, it also has a better smoke point than most oils so cooking with it is better. Plus it makes your eggs taste great.