Best Diet for TRT

hanslifts

Awards
Keep reading/googling for the best, most science-back diet for folks on TRT and can't seem to find diddly squat except for opinions. Anybody on AM have good recommendations for a newbie on TRT? I have been thinking something like Paleo would be a good start, but I'm curious for opinions. Thx!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you had success on a diet pre TRT, use the same diet. It won't make a difference.

btothefman

Awards
I've often thought about this due to the potential of higher cholesterol, watching with interest

hanslifts

Awards
I've often thought about this due to the potential of higher cholesterol, watching with interest
Same here man, I figure I'm just going to try and eat as lean as possible, i.e., tons of good meat, veggies, fruits and nuts and just see where I'm at. Now I' not trying to be Paleo per se, but I'm going to eliminate pastas, breads and dairy as those clearly raise inflammation. And eliminate ALL simple sugars, candy, ice cream , all of it. Now the challenge is I can't stop sneaking those damn MET-Rx bars at the gas station! The Super Cookie Crunch is the jam! But those will be the only artificial source of sugar I get in my diet, and I won't have more than one a day. And then in 8 weeks, I'll take a look at my bloods. If things improve, I guess we'll know more.