Testosterone Level Bloodwork Results

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
So I'm age 20 and have had Gyno since around 7th grade. Got my results which show a testosterone level of 426 ng/nl with a free test level of 57.6. Dr will go over results soon but do you think that's a rather low test level for my age? I did take Msten for 8 days before I had an injury causing me to stop, that's it. The testosterone shows "normal" range but I highly doubt that's an optimal level for my age

Testosterone 426ng/nl
Free Test 57.6
Estradiol 23.43

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
So I'm age 20 and have had Gyno since around 7th grade. Got my results which show a testosterone level of 426 ng/nl with a free test level of 57.6. Dr will go over results soon but do you think that's a rather low test level for my age? I did take Msten for 8 days before I had an injury causing me to stop, that's it. The testosterone shows "normal" range but I highly doubt that's an optimal level for my age

Testosterone 426ng/nl
Free Test 57.6
Estradiol 23.43
Id say your low test levels are due to your high estro levels. You might just need to run a course of exem or another AI. Theres areason we run SERMs after cycles, estrogen severely affects your HPTA, especially when you have gyno naturally (this is usually caused by a imbalanced between androgenic and estrogenic hormones favoring estrogenic). Your doctor might have a better answer but he also might not. If he gives you nothing to work with go see a different one, youd be surprised how different it is when you go see a doctor who graduated with all Cs and one who graduated with all As. Basically one gave a **** about being a good doctor and the other was just trying to get through so he could make the bank and pretend to be a better member of society.

One of my favorite things to ask a doctor who doesnt give you good answers or solutions is to ask him what was his med school GPA. He will either boast about it, dodge it or get butthurt because you asked. If your doctor does either of the last 2, DEFINITELY find a new doctor.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Id say your low test levels are due to your high estro levels. You might just need to run a course of exem or another AI. Theres areason we run SERMs after cycles, estrogen severely affects your HPTA, especially when you have gyno naturally (this is usually caused by a imbalanced between androgenic and estrogenic hormones favoring estrogenic). Your doctor might have a better answer but he also might not. If he gives you nothing to work with go see a different one, youd be surprised how different it is when you go see a doctor who graduated with all Cs and one who graduated with all As. Basically one gave a **** about being a good doctor and the other was just trying to get through so he could make the bank and pretend to be a better member of society.

One of my favorite things to ask a doctor who doesnt give you good answers or solutions is to ask him what was his med school GPA. He will either boast about it, dodge it or get butthurt because you asked. If your doctor does either of the last 2, DEFINITELY find a new doctor.
So would you consider 426 rather low?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. Yeah, after a few years you learn to live with it though.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really am a pud and don't think I could handle a shot every week. I have actually brought it up though, and the doc won't even humor it due to me still being in "normal range". They won't even run a full testosterone panel to see what the issue might be. What really pisses me off though, is that they told me that I was well within range so I didn't need to get a copy of the results. My reply was "so are we talking like 450-500 range?"..... them: "yeah, something like that." I found out different when I demanded the results. They also did not inform me that I have macrocytosis, but they caused a ruckus about elevated ck , alt, and ast levels after having three training sessions in the previous two days. uggh,

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really am a pud and don't think I could handle a shot every week. I have actually brought it up though, and the doc won't even humor it due to me still being in "normal range". They won't even run a full testosterone panel to see what the issue might be. What really pisses me off though, is that they told me that I was well within range so I didn't need to get a copy of the results. My reply was "so are we talking like 450-500 range?"..... them: "yeah, something like that." I found out different when I demanded the results. They also did not inform me that I have macrocytosis, but they caused a ruckus about elevated ck , alt, and ast levels after having three training sessions in the previous two days. uggh,
You need a new doc bad!!!!! Whom ever you are working with is a tool bag

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
So would you consider 426 rather low?
Last I checked, your T level isn't printed on your forehead for all to see and chicks to admire. You can't tell the barbell how much bound and free T you have and expect it to move for you.
Stop chasing numbers with only an indirect connection to performance.
If you are having symptoms, get them addressed, but don't try to medicalize a "problem" that isn't one

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

23pg/ml is high?? Pls

How can you make that call with the numbers he has posted. This is very well his baseline numbers where he will feel and function fine.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Last I checked, your T level isn't printed on your forehead for all to see and chicks to admire. You can't tell the barbell how much bound and free T you have and expect it to move for you.
Stop chasing numbers with only an indirect connection to performance.
If you are having symptoms, get them addressed, but don't try to medicalize a "problem" that isn't one
No but my development came rather late, no facial hair even tries to grow and no matter how much cardio I do I still get winded running up one set of stairs ( lifting 2 hours a day / running aswell and that would still happen!) plus I had Gyno growing in me since 7th grade. XD

Also in the even slightest chance the doctor can give me testosterone/ boosters or help raise my natural levels and I don't have to do it via hormonal supplements my day would be made...

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Those docs need termination brother..

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
So I was told my levels are normal yet he plans to prescribe me Nolva...that's unfortunate

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
23pg/ml is high?? Pls

How can you make that call with the numbers he has posted. This is very well his baseline numbers where he will feel and function fine.
I should have said that better. You have RELATIVELY HIGH estrogen compared to your androgenic hormones. The fact of the matter is, even if your numbers look great, you could have mutations that make it so that your body feels those numbers very differently. If you have been developing gyno naturally and underdeveloping androgenic features, it doesnt take a genius to figure this out. Your body is FEELING too much estrogen and NOT FEEELING enough androgens. Id bet you would feel and look much better if you did something to offset this balance to favor the androgenic side.

Also "Baseline numbers where he WILL feel and function fine"...have u ever talked to anyone on TRT?? There is no SET number where you SHOULD feel ok. The number is personal based on your genetics.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I should have said that better. You have RELATIVELY HIGH estrogen compared to your androgenic hormones. The fact of the matter is, even if your numbers look great, you could have mutations that make it so that your body feels those numbers very differently. If you have been developing gyno naturally and underdeveloping androgenic features, it doesnt take a genius to figure this out. Your body is FEELING too much estrogen and NOT FEEELING enough androgens. Id bet you would feel and look much better if you did something to offset this balance to favor the androgenic side.

Also "Baseline numbers where he WILL feel and function fine"...have u ever talked to anyone on TRT?? There is no SET number where you SHOULD feel ok. The number is personal based on your genetics.
Agreed. Interested if the Tamoxifen he recommends will help me get and keep normal Testosterone levels or if I'll go back to where I'm at now upon stopping

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Interested if the Tamoxifen he recommends will help me get and keep normal Testosterone levels or if I'll go back to where I'm at now upon stopping
Well one thing I can tell you is that SERMs usually raise both test and estrogen, thats why a lot of us will also use a suicidal AI like exem during PCT to avoid having a rebound gyno when the SERM stops blocking all that estrogen from binding to your tits.

It will definitely help your gyno and raise your test levels but I am not so sure that itll be by itself the long term answer you are looking for (unless you plan on running nolva for forever).

Since doing whatever you want is frowned upon by almighty doctors, try what hes saying first, if it works great. If it doesnt, I think ud benefit from also taking exem to actually lower your estrogen, not just mask it. I think the combination would KILL your gyno completely, raise your test even higher and perhaps even allow you to eventually rebalance to a better androgenic/estrogenic ratio.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Well one thing I can tell you is that SERMs usually raise both test and estrogen, thats why a lot of us will also use a suicidal AI like exem during PCT to avoid having a rebound gyno when the SERM stops blocking all that estrogen from binding to your tits.

It will definitely help your gyno and raise your test levels but I am not so sure that itll be by itself the long term answer you are looking for (unless you plan on running nolva for forever).

Since doing whatever you want is frowned upon by almighty doctors, try what hes saying first, if it works great. If it doesnt, I think ud benefit from also taking exem to actually lower your estrogen, not just mask it. I think the combination would KILL your gyno completely, raise your test even higher and perhaps even allow you to eventually rebalance to a better androgenic/estrogenic ratio.
I am also going to get a second opinion from a doctor who specializes in hormone imbalances and hopefully could admit though my levels are in range, they're on the low end. We'll see!

Also if I'm going to hop on anything for life it might as well be TRT and not a breast cancer drug haha. My question too is if I'm given any testosterone at some point, what is the hazard of then stopping it, or are you on for life?

My diet and fitness are in check in my opinion, I'm not overweight, probably around 12% body fat. My cardio will never improve either no matter how long I've worked on it. Very frustrating

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
I am also going to get a second opinion from a doctor who specializes in hormone imbalances and hopefully could admit though my levels are in range, they're on the low end. We'll see!

Also if I'm going to hop on anything for life it might as well be TRT and not a breast cancer drug haha. My question too is if I'm given any testosterone at some point, what is the hazard of then stopping it, or are you on for life?

My diet and fitness are in check in my opinion, I'm not overweight, probably around 12% body fat. My cardio will never improve either no matter how long I've worked on it. Very frustrating
True that. I dont know what others think but ive known since I was like 18 that I was going to eventually go into TRT. Not because of AAS use (which im sure will land me there quicker but who cares give or take 5 years) but because hormones decline with age one way or another. Im pretty much waiting till my levels are below 400ng at most to switch over which I think would be at most around 40 years old. I plan on being that 50 year old who looks and feels 30 and I will keep that until the day it kills me.

Then again I am of the mentality that you should add life to your years not years to your life. But to each their own.

You might wanna go to TRT forums or talk to people here who are on it what its like to hop off. I actually know some people who were on TRT and got off to have kids and were successful. They went right back to TRT because why would you stick with minimal/baby producing test levels...F that in my opinion haha

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
True that. I dont know what others think but ive known since I was like 18 that I was going to eventually go into TRT. Not because of AAS use (which im sure will land me there quicker but who cares give or take 5 years) but because hormones decline with age one way or another. Im pretty much waiting till my levels are below 400ng at most to switch over which I think would be at most around 40 years old. I plan on being that 50 year old who looks and feels 30 and I will keep that until the day it kills me.

Then again I am of the mentality that you should add life to your years not years to your life. But to each their own.

You might wanna go to TRT forums or talk to people here who are on it what its like to hop off. I actually know some people who were on TRT and got off to have kids and were successful. They went right back to TRT because why would you stick with minimal/baby producing test levels...F that in my opinion haha
at my rate I'm gonna be sub 400 in no time! Either way If a doctor would prescribe me TRT I'd hop on in a heartbeat. Injecting 2x a week is not worse than what I feel like now, and who are if I live until 70 instead of 85 those years could suck anyways. Now it's a waiting game to find a doctor who will care to dig deeper

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
at my rate I'm gonna be sub 400 in no time! Either way If a doctor would prescribe me TRT I'd hop on in a heartbeat. Injecting 2x a week is not worse than what I feel like now, and who are if I live until 70 instead of 85 those years could suck anyways. Now it's a waiting game to find a doctor who will care to dig deeper
Try finding a TRT clinic. They are way more knowledgeable and willing to help you out. I actually have a couple of options in mind for when the time comes and if nothing else works, im just gonna hop on self prescribed TRT and get myself a case of test E and run my own bloodwork regularly to keep my health in check. Its definitely better if you can have a doctor on your side but that can also be really expensive so you gotta weigh out your pros and cons.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Try finding a TRT clinic. They are way more knowledgeable and willing to help you out. I actually have a couple of options in mind for when the time comes and if nothing else works, im just gonna hop on self prescribed TRT and get myself a case of test E and run my own bloodwork regularly to keep my health in check. Its definitely better if you can have a doctor on your side but that can also be really expensive so you gotta weigh out your pros and cons.
unfortunately I don't think I can afford to go anywhere that isn't covered by insurance. I'm planning to see an endo who specializes in hormone imbalance and thyroid issues so I'd imagine she can be of help. On top of that the first doctor was supposed to have my thyroid leaves tested because of my family history (almost everyone from my mom and dads side has issues!) yet they completely 'forgot' I guess....

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
So I saw a new anti aging doctor and she said she will offer me TRT if I'm willing to pay the $150 every 3 months and buy the Trstosterone Out of Pocket..:doesn't seem too bad to be honest but unfortunately insurance won't touch the issue unless my Total T levels drop under 175....that's crazy!