Central Sleep apnea cause of fatigue?

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, so I've been to the moon and back with doctors trying to get to the root of my fatigue/ brain fog issues. I've had plenty of blood work done to check for the usual culprits. I.e.- hormones, thyroid, etc. The main thing that stuck out was slightly elevated TSH levels, indicative of sub-clinical hypothyroidism. My GP doesn't deem it necessary to treat. I also had free T levels just below the acceptable range. I think the bottom range was 1.5 and mine was at 1.4. Again, nothing that needs to be treated according to my GP. Total T is in the 3-400's. As a 27 year old guy who keeps a clean diet and lifts religiously, this doesn't seem to be normal. I also had a vitamin D deficiency a while back but have since corrected it. I also had a sleep study done about 9 months ago and it showed 16 central sleep apneas during the night. Apparently this is not significant enough to warrant treatment. Also my blood O2 saturation took a dive during the night and bottomed out at 86%. My understanding is that it' supposed to stay tightly regulated around 96-99%. Again, no red flags according to my doctor. Could this be in error? I know that I have a tendency to breathe rather shallow throughout the day. As you can imagine, I'm in the midst of searching for a new doctor that will spend more time and look at my panels more thoroughly, but in the meantime I figured I'd just seek some advice elsewhere. Thanks!

edit: I've also tried removing gluten and dairy from my diet with no success.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yes it can especially if your O2 saturation really was that low. Sleep apnea is a bitch I thinks it is the root of most of my problems too but I cannot fall asleep with the CPAP on and if I do(by taking Ambien something STRONG) I'll take it off in my sleep.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I was hoping I'd get a little more feedback from my post.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh yes it can especially if your O2 saturation really was that low. Sleep apnea is a bitch I thinks it is the root of most of my problems too but I cannot fall asleep with the CPAP on and if I do(by taking Ambien something STRONG) I'll take it off in my sleep.
Same here...like what do we do...it really effects my like negatively