Bulk Cycle

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
About to start a bulk cycle in the next week probably. Just ordered LG Science's Bulk Andro Kit bc I've read some pretty decent reviews and for $130 it can't hurt to try lol.

I've been bulking for quite some time now but I gain weight in spurts. Over the past year I've managed to go from 170 to about 205-210 and still be at 8% body fat without cutting at all. When I was that low I was doing a 5 week stint of being on a fully plant based diet and it was amazing. I never have felt so good working out and overall just more energetic. I don't live in a super large city so going that route is not the easiest but definitely a good option for someone trying to lose some body fat without changing your whole workout routine. I gained about 5-6 lbs during that 5 week stint being that I was eating at a caloric surplus of roughly 4200-4500 calories/day.

My workout regime consists of this:
M: Quads/Calves/Core
T: Chest/Tris
W: Hamstrings/Calves/Core
TR: Back/Bis
F: Rest or a variety of lower weight leg exercises at a higher intensity and core
S: Shoulders/Traps

I frequently switch up what I start off with in the beginning of the week but the routine generally stays similar overall.

My diet will consist of roughly 6 meals a day with a protein shake. I have used ON Nutrition Mass Gainer for a while and it's my favorite as far as flavor and bang for your Buck.

Meal 1: 4 scrambled eggs, bagel thin, and some peanut butter (500 calories)
Meal 2: Protein Shake (close to 2000 calories)
Meal 3: 10 oz Chicken, cup of brown rice, steamed veggies (900 calories)
Meal 4: Spinach and Romaine Salad (400 calories)
Meal 5: 6 oz Ground Turkey, cup of brown rice, steamed veggies (550 calories)
Meal 6: Will Vary by Day

So before dinner I will have roughly 4,350 calories

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
Any feedback on the whole set up would be appreciated and I do plan on logging the full time as well

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
TheSolution AntM1564 R1balla booneman77 muscleupchron john.patterson GNO CHEFtepush1 Woody Jebrook @

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About to start a bulk cycle in the next week probably. Just ordered LG Science's Bulk Andro Kit bc I've read some pretty decent reviews and for $130 it can't hurt to try lol.

I've been bulking for quite some time now but I gain weight in spurts. Over the past year I've managed to go from 170 to about 205-210 and still be at 8% body fat without cutting at all. When I was that low I was doing a 5 week stint of being on a fully plant based diet and it was amazing. I never have felt so good working out and overall just more energetic. I don't live in a super large city so going that route is not the easiest but definitely a good option for someone trying to lose some body fat without changing your whole workout routine. I gained about 5-6 lbs during that 5 week stint being that I was eating at a caloric surplus of roughly 4200-4500 calories/day.

My workout regime consists of this:
M: Quads/Calves/Core
T: Chest/Tris
W: Hamstrings/Calves/Core
TR: Back/Bis
F: Rest or a variety of lower weight leg exercises at a higher intensity and core
S: Shoulders/Traps

I frequently switch up what I start off with in the beginning of the week but the routine generally stays similar overall.

My diet will consist of roughly 6 meals a day with a protein shake. I have used ON Nutrition Mass Gainer for a while and it's my favorite as far as flavor and bang for your Buck.

Meal 1: 4 scrambled eggs, bagel thin, and some peanut butter (500 calories)
Meal 2: Protein Shake (close to 2000 calories)
Meal 3: 10 oz Chicken, cup of brown rice, steamed veggies (900 calories)
Meal 4: Spinach and Romaine Salad (400 calories)
Meal 5: 6 oz Ground Turkey, cup of brown rice, steamed veggies (550 calories)
Meal 6: Will Vary by Day

So before dinner I will have roughly 4,350 calories
I see no glaring problems here. Gaining 35-40 lbs over the past year and maintaining low bodyfat is an amazing accomplishment:bigok: I say start with what you know works for you. You can adjust calorie intake up/down as needed and same applies to training frequency/volume. Running ph/ds obviously will allow you to train heavier/longer/more frequently thus allowing for greater calorie intake. Starting at your baseline of what makes you grow natty is perfect IMO.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro what's in your 2000 calorie protein shake???

You crushing up donuts? hmm I should do that...��

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
Bro what's in your 2000 calorie protein shake???

You crushing up donuts? hmm I should do that...í*½í¸￾
Skim milk with 2 scoops of ON's Mass Gainer is like 1650 calories and whole milk is roughly 60 cal/8oz and I'm using somewhere around 20-24 ounces of milk with it on average. That accounts for an extra 150-180 calories and I add some powdered peanut butter in there as well usually lol

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skim milk with 2 scoops of ON's Mass Gainer is like 1650 calories and whole milk is roughly 60 cal/8oz and I'm using somewhere around 20-24 ounces of milk with it on average. That accounts for an extra 150-180 calories and I add some powdered peanut butter in there as well usually lol
Whole milk is like 150 cals per 8 oz lol.
So that's 275-350 extra cals.

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
Yes and skim milk is 90, which is what the nutritional facts on the back use. That makes the shake like 1650 with skim. So you gave to subtract 150 (whole milk) from 90 (skim milk)=60 calories extra per 8 oz. So you divide that and it's an extra 7.5 cal/oz and then multiply by 20 and 24 to achieve a range of 150-180 extra calories from using whole rather than skim milk

Jennistar

Awards
I really think that your diet is well-organized, so you shouldn't gain any weight.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Diet organization doesn't demtermine composition goals......